Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /membri/massimotessitori/sovietwarplanes/board/Sources/Load.php(225) : runtime-created function on line 3

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /membri/massimotessitori/sovietwarplanes/board/Sources/Load.php(225) : runtime-created function on line 3
Yak-3 "Red 12" - S.V. Nosov
Sovietwarplanes
May 03, 2024, 12:31:14 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: This forum replaces the old sovietwarplanes.com whose domain has expired in January 2017. It has been updated with the posts of the year 2016.
The new location of the site 'Sovietwarplanes pages' is at http://massimotessitori.altervista.org/sovietwarplanes/pages/

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Yak-3 "Red 12" - S.V. Nosov  (Read 10359 times)
John Thompson
Global Moderator

« on: July 12, 2007, 02:48:03 AM »

Does anyone know of a source for 1/72 decals for Nosov's Yak-3 "Red 12"? This aircraft was modelled by Alex Ruchkovsky and appears on the following page:
http://vvs.hobbyvista.com/ModelGallery/yak3_72.php

Are there photos of this aircraft anywhere?

Thanks in advance!

John
« Last Edit: July 12, 2007, 02:49:47 AM by John Thompson » Logged
Dark Green Man

« Reply #1 on: July 13, 2007, 03:45:12 AM »

have you thought of logging in at
http://vvs.hobbyvista.com/forum
and sending him an email or private message ?
he logs in simply as AR
[/color]

"when we lose the right to be different, we lose the priviledge to be free"--Charles Evans Hughes
John Thompson
Global Moderator

« Reply #2 on: July 13, 2007, 06:08:52 PM »

Thanks for the suggestion, DGM - I had already tried that, but the address I got off one of the forums bounced. However, Alexander was kind enough to reply to my thread on the hobbyvista forum (cross-posting is not always a bad thing!). Seems *any* detail of Nosov's Yak-3 is *highly* speculative (bad news for all the guys who worked hard on the Eduard 1/48 Yak-3 in that scheme). I'm building the Hobby Boss 1/72 one, and it's not exactly a perfectly accurate kit, even with the improvements I've attempted, so I'm not real sweaty about getting the markings right - I don't think anyone really knows what "right" is! (Heresy, I know, especially after all my blathering about Popkov's La-5FN...  Grin )

John

Renato71

« Reply #3 on: July 14, 2007, 04:40:47 AM »

There is such profile on Wings-palette, but there is also white "12" with gray-gray cammo and no badge on cowling.
On page: http://www.aces.boom.ru/all5/nosov.htm I canot see any pics. Can somebody else try?
For contact try email on http://modelism.airforce.ru/gallery/ruchkovsky/yak-3/index.htm
There he says it's from Germany, 1945. Probably the badge was some post-war addition, as most probaly are those badges on Popkov's a/c (and many more?), ayeh John?? Wink
Generaly, I've found that profile in non-russian sources, while in russian sources there is mainly no-badge and cammo.

BR

Renato
John Thompson
Global Moderator

« Reply #4 on: July 14, 2007, 02:48:42 PM »

Thanks, Renato - check my same thread on the hobbyvista forum. Alexander Ruchkovsky very kindly responded there. What you say makes sense!? Smiley As I posted on the hobbyvista forum in reply, I was really just looking for an easy paint job, without having to mask off the two shades of grey. I guess I was wrong, but I'm used to that!? Wink

The main image on the aces.boom.ru site shows the "Russian" profile - NO "flying spear" emblem, the profile DOES have the two-greys camouflage, and WHITE numerals, not red. There are also two images of a built model of Nosov's aircraft - these look familiar, and might be images of the model built by Alex R. There's also a head shot of Nosov himself at the top of the page, which is familiar from several other Russian sites.

John
« Last Edit: July 14, 2007, 02:57:14 PM by John Thompson » Logged
Renato71

« Reply #5 on: July 23, 2007, 06:42:42 PM »

Hi,
I knew I saw a pic of Yak with this type of badge, and here it is. Not one-grey and without red nose, but...

It's from russian book "Yak-9: Ryadovie nebes" by D.L. Leipnik, Archive press. (Color profile of above aircraft is shown on cover page of the book only.)

Original comment with the pic:
"The Yak-9K is the top of Yakovlev heavy fighter conception. It is one of 44 fighter passed evaluation in 274 IAP, 278 IAD, of E. Savitsky Fighetr Corps. The Yak-9K was recommended for adoption as a strike fighter, but 45 mm canon wasn't quite reliable and had a big weight. Note gas vent on the nose fuselage port side in the 4th engine cowling section."

At least the badge is confirmed. And if you keep staring long enough, you'll see a swastika as well.

BR!

Renato
John Thompson
Global Moderator

« Reply #6 on: July 23, 2007, 11:31:03 PM »

Thanks Renato - it's interesting to see that gas vent on the nose, too. I don't think this is reproduced on any of the existing Yak-9T/K kits, but maybe that's because the -9T didn't have it.

John
Renato71

« Reply #7 on: August 07, 2007, 03:33:17 AM »

John, I've found those pics that I knew I saw somewhere, sadly gain without red nose. Still, further confirmation of carefully applied unit marking. Pics are from "Soviet Air Force Fighter Colours 1941-45" by Pilawskii
Note that that model in your link depicts a/c from 150th GIAP (just realized), on my first pic its from 274th IAP, and this latest are from 402nd IAP.
(Note: quoting original text where appropriate, not full pic reproduced due to copyright and stuff)

Yak-3 of HSU G. Balashov of the 402 IAP in 1944. "White 10" wears a "winged sword" emblem (scratches on negative obscured white color) similar to 274 IAP's marking, and featured a red spinner.

Yak-3 of 402 IAP, 1944. These machines wear regiment's a "winged sword" emblem and "White 100" features a white spinner and fin/rudder flash. Pilot not identified.

Yak-3 "white 100", unit and pilot unknown, 1945
Colors: AMT-11/-12/-7 field application

Renato
John Thompson
Global Moderator

« Reply #8 on: August 08, 2007, 02:04:59 AM »

Thanks again, Renato! "White 10", the aircraft of Balashov the Happy HSU, looks like a possibility. Anybody that cheerful about being shot at deserves to have his aircraft modelled. The prop blades appear to be unpainted metal, which I think is interesting.

John
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: