Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /membri/massimotessitori/sovietwarplanes/board/Sources/Load.php(225) : runtime-created function on line 3

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /membri/massimotessitori/sovietwarplanes/board/Sources/Load.php(225) : runtime-created function on line 3
War Album - Petlyakov Pe-2
Sovietwarplanes
May 03, 2024, 12:32:23 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: This forum replaces the old sovietwarplanes.com whose domain has expired in January 2017. It has been updated with the posts of the year 2016.
The new location of the site 'Sovietwarplanes pages' is at http://massimotessitori.altervista.org/sovietwarplanes/pages/

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  
Author Topic: War Album - Petlyakov Pe-2  (Read 14073 times)
John Thompson
Global Moderator

« on: March 18, 2011, 09:32:54 PM »

Thanks to (you guessed it) Scalemodels.ru:
http://waralbum.ru/?s=%D0%BF%D0%B5-2

Other aircraft can be found by inserting the Cyrillic text for the desired type in the search bar at the top of the page; for example, here's the result I got for Як-9 (Yak-9):
http://waralbum.ru/?s=%D0%AF%D0%BA-9

John
« Last Edit: March 18, 2011, 09:47:08 PM by John Thompson » Logged
learstang

« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2011, 03:37:04 AM »

Thank you, John!  I of course put in "ИЛ-2" and am now looking at the pictures.

Regards,

Jason

"I'll sleep when I'm dead."

- Warren William Zevon
Massimo Tessitori
Administrator

« Reply #2 on: March 19, 2011, 12:53:29 PM »

Thanks to (you guessed it) Scalemodels.ru:
http://waralbum.ru/?s=%D0%BF%D0%B5-2

Other aircraft can be found by inserting the Cyrillic text for the desired type in the search bar at the top of the page; for example, here's the result I got for Як-9 (Yak-9):
http://waralbum.ru/?s=%D0%AF%D0%BA-9

John
Hi John and Jason,
the surprising thing is the high resolution of some photos, even thousands of pixels. It's a good source.
Regards
Massimo
TISO

« Reply #3 on: March 22, 2011, 05:23:17 PM »

Great find. Jusct checking it out.
 Decal makers attention:
Yak-9 of captain Mikhail Smyonovich Mazan-HSU deputy CO of 85.GIAP
(440 combat flights, 91 air combats, 21 kills, KIA (gruz 200): +12.12.1944, HSU:15.05.1946)
« Last Edit: March 22, 2011, 05:25:49 PM by TISO » Logged

Disciple of Error
learstang

« Reply #4 on: March 22, 2011, 06:02:11 PM »

It would be nice to see a sharkmouth Yak-9 instead of another b****y Flying Tigers P-40!

Regards,

Jason

- Warren William Zevon
Massimo Tessitori
Administrator

« Reply #5 on: March 22, 2011, 06:55:10 PM »

Hi TISO, hi Jason,
this image (or another similar one) was on the book of EP  too. Unfortunately there is no any indication for the bort number. But it looks that the plane on the background has the same sharkmouth, and one can read a sort of 76 on its sides.
Regards
Massimo
John Thompson
Global Moderator

« Reply #6 on: March 22, 2011, 09:21:14 PM »

It would be nice to see a sharkmouth Yak-9 instead of another b****y Flying Tigers P-40!

Regards,

Jason

Here's a reasonably credible one, although not the one in the photo, of course:

http://wp.scn.ru/en/ww2/f/15/1/0/90

There were one or two others, but they had brown and green upper surface camouflage, and I didn't want anyone going into cardiac arrest...  Wink

John
Massimo Tessitori
Administrator

« Reply #7 on: March 22, 2011, 11:07:53 PM »

Hi,
I've seen the photos from which this profile was obtained, but it was a Yak-1b, not a Yak-9.
Massimo
John Thompson
Global Moderator

« Reply #8 on: March 23, 2011, 12:27:41 AM »

Hi,
I've seen the photos from which this profile was obtained, but it was a Yak-1b, not a Yak-9.
Massimo

Thanks, Massimo - I thought the same thing, but I didn't check before I posted my reply. Yak-1b it is!

John
learstang

« Reply #9 on: March 23, 2011, 05:53:06 PM »

There you go John, another reason for someone to come out with a Yak-1B!  And thank you for not posting any 'planes with that *#(*&@)! brown/green camouflage.

Regards,

Jason

- Warren William Zevon
John Thompson
Global Moderator

« Reply #10 on: March 23, 2011, 08:55:16 PM »

There you go John, another reason for someone to come out with a Yak-1B!  And thank you for not posting any 'planes with that *#(*&@)! brown/green camouflage.

Regards,

Jason

One of them was actually quite interesting - a Yak-9 (according to the artist) but with a fuselage somewhat resembling the "humpbacked" profile of a Yak-7. But it does have a sharkmouth! In all fairness, the owner of Wings Palette titled it "Yak-9 (?)" and commented that the fuselage shape was "very strange". And to be fair to the artist too, it was originally published in one of those old Aircam books from the 1960's/1970's when most people in the West still had little or no awareness of what a Yak-9 (or any other Russian aircraft) looked like - e.g., the Italian book showing the imagined MiG-19 "Flying Barrel"! Wink

John
KL

« Reply #11 on: March 23, 2011, 09:28:29 PM »

"Wings Palete" owner is the troll (aka "technic") in that avalanche tread about Pilawskii at sacalemodels.ru forum!
In his opinion Vahlamov and Orlov wrote about boring camouflage tests and Pilawskii's "research" is a titanic effort to reveal true colours from b/w photos.

KL
John Thompson
Global Moderator

« Reply #12 on: March 23, 2011, 10:57:01 PM »

"Wings Palete" owner is the troll (aka "technic") in that avalanche tread about Pilawskii at sacalemodels.ru forum!
In his opinion Vahlamov and Orlov wrote about boring camouflage tests and Pilawskii's "research" is a titanic effort to reveal true colours from b/w photos.

KL

Interesting! I didn't know that - thanks!

John
Massimo Tessitori
Administrator

« Reply #13 on: March 23, 2011, 11:10:03 PM »

Hi,
I think that it's better to avoid to polemize with EP and his fans.
About Pe-2, have a look to this wreck, please.
http://trizna.ru/forum/viewtopic.php?f=27&t=31223
It looks that the undersurfaces were grey.
Regards
Massimo
mholly

« Reply #14 on: March 24, 2011, 09:39:15 AM »

KL

Interesting! I didn't know that - thanks!

John
I feel sorry for anyone who takes Wings Palette "okraski" (mostly stolen from very dubious sources) seriously. No wonder this "teknik" likes EP's work, they both have no clue about color research and military aviation basics. If only Orlov knew English!!!
Cheers,
Mario
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  

Jump to: