Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /membri/massimotessitori/sovietwarplanes/board/Sources/Load.php(225) : runtime-created function on line 3

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /membri/massimotessitori/sovietwarplanes/board/Sources/Load.php(225) : runtime-created function on line 3
New Yak-1 Decal sheet in Progress
Sovietwarplanes
May 04, 2024, 08:30:44 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: This forum replaces the old sovietwarplanes.com whose domain has expired in January 2017. It has been updated with the posts of the year 2016.
The new location of the site 'Sovietwarplanes pages' is at http://massimotessitori.altervista.org/sovietwarplanes/pages/

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  
Author Topic: New Yak-1 Decal sheet in Progress  (Read 17541 times)
John Thompson
Global Moderator

« on: May 27, 2011, 03:25:35 PM »

http://scalemodels.ru/modules/forum/viewtopic_t_31536.html

Includes some interesting discussion of camouflage patterns. Still a long way to go before the decals (from Authentic) are actually available, though. I'm also curious to see the post about L. Litvyak, "Yellow 44", and white lily markings - I thought associating Litvyak with that aircraft was wrong, and the white lily marking never existed. I'm sure it will get further comment as the thread develops!

John
xan

« Reply #1 on: May 27, 2011, 07:45:38 PM »

Hi john,
I don't know if you know that decals , but I just received them 14 versions for 4$!
and for me surely the De la poype plane of the normandie-niemen!

I bought it there (you can pay with paypal; for registration, you have better to do it in russian language)
http://armory.in.ua/product_info.php?currency=USD&products_id=22680

I bought too the new modelsvit yak-1b (the south front yak with ea new fuselage)
and the decals are very beautifull! either is the documentation...

Xan

John Thompson
Global Moderator

« Reply #2 on: May 27, 2011, 10:04:44 PM »

Thanks xan; very attractive decal sheet! I just need two things:
(1) This decal sheet in 1/72 scale
(2) A good 1/72 Yak-1b kit! Wink

I've been tempted to buy the 1/48 Modelsvit Yak-1b anyway, but I'm still hopeful that a 1/72 one will appear within the next 12 months. Thanks again!

John
mholly

« Reply #3 on: May 28, 2011, 02:11:50 AM »

...A good 1/72 Yak-1b kit!...
Something must be "cooking in Mother Russia" John if Authentic Decals is releasing decals for it, and he said 1/72 first!
Afaik none of their sheets is for unavailable kit. Unless they're considering Mikro kit!
Cheers,
Mario
John Thompson
Global Moderator

« Reply #4 on: May 28, 2011, 02:50:38 AM »

...A good 1/72 Yak-1b kit!...
Something must be "cooking in Mother Russia" John if Authentic Decals is releasing decals for it, and he said 1/72 first!
Afaik none of their sheets is for unavailable kit. Unless they're considering Mikro kit!
Cheers,
Mario

I think the Authentic decal sheet is probably going to be mostly Yak-1's (Amodel) with a few Yak-1b's included. On the other hand, a post I saw on Scalemodels.ru makes me believe you might be right about something cooking, although I think it's resin that's bubbling in the pot, not styrene... Wink

Cheers!
John
« Last Edit: May 31, 2011, 05:16:40 PM by John Thompson » Logged
Troy Smith

« Reply #5 on: May 31, 2011, 06:27:54 AM »

http://scalemodels.ru/modules/forum/viewtopic_t_31536.html

Includes some interesting discussion of camouflage patterns. Still a long way to go before the decals (from Authentic) are actually available, though. I'm also curious to see the post about L. Litvyak, "Yellow 44", and white lily markings - I thought associating Litvyak with that aircraft was wrong, and the white lily marking never existed. I'm sure it will get further comment as the thread develops!

John
John...wjy do i just quickly look at the link you rpvided when I'm abut to go to bed....  some wild photos in that thread .... like

and this ONE!!?!?!?!   

Where's EP when you need him?  Wink

interestingly the caption  when you save it is "1_100727171041_YAk_1_so_streloj_i_piloty_YU.jpg"
Anyone know more about this one as it's a really intriging scheme.

cheers
T

Massimo Tessitori
Administrator

« Reply #6 on: May 31, 2011, 09:26:20 AM »

Hi Troy,
I can't see the images.
Regards
Massimo
John Thompson
Global Moderator

« Reply #7 on: May 31, 2011, 04:43:02 PM »

Hey Troy! Not sure which image you mean (red x's as per Massimo), but I thought the last two in the Scalemodels thread as of yesterday (the ones posted by Romario) were pretty interesting - they show a Yak-1b apparently in white with a very large inscription and a red (?) streak or arrow effect on the nose. If only the bort number was visible - all you can see is just the tip of a numeral in the second photo.

John

(Just re-read your post, and it seems likely we're both talking about the same photo - "so streloj" in the caption you included would possibly refer to an arrow, from the very little I know of Russian.)
« Last Edit: May 31, 2011, 05:13:29 PM by John Thompson » Logged
Troy Smith

« Reply #8 on: May 31, 2011, 06:21:49 PM »

Hey Troy! Not sure which image you mean (red x's as per Massimo), but I thought the last two in the Scalemodels thread as of yesterday (the ones posted by Romario) were pretty interesting - they show a Yak-1b apparently in white with a very large inscription and a red (?) streak or arrow effect on the nose. If only the bort number was visible - all you can see is just the tip of a numeral in the second photo.

John

(Just re-read your post, and it seems likely we're both talking about the same photo - "so streloj" in the caption you included would possibly refer to an arrow, from the very little I know of Russian.)

Hi John  and Massimo

well, they come up on my computer..... OK,

try again

very worn winter finish, plus some neat diorama details, like the oxygen (? ) bottles and refuelling truck. Feb 42, 123 Go IAP i think?
is that reapplied white around the stars and bort number, or the rest of the winter finish has been delibrately rubbed off?

yes, the 'red arrow' scheme, I missed the bort number, but it was 5 am here !

the one I ironically made a joke about EP for, but you'll see why now!!

cheers
T

John Thompson
Global Moderator

« Reply #9 on: May 31, 2011, 06:32:46 PM »

very worn winter finish, plus some neat diorama details, like the oxygen (? ) bottles and refuelling truck. Feb 42, 123 Go IAP i think?
is that reapplied white around the stars and bort number, or the rest of the winter finish has been delibrately rubbed off?

This might be of interest regarding a build of the Amodel 1/72 Yak-1 in the markings and camouflage of the same aircraft:
http://translate.google.com/translate?js=n&prev=_t&hl=en&ie=UTF-8&layout=2&eotf=1&sl=ru&tl=en&u=http%3A%2F%2Fmodelism.airforce.ru%2Freviews%2Fru%2Fyak-1%2Findex.htm&act=url

John
mholly

« Reply #10 on: May 31, 2011, 06:43:16 PM »

John,
FYI in that scalemodels.ru thread "foxbot" is asking for help-pix, camo info etc.etc. Poster "andreyko" is offering help saying he has "a good book on VVS camos". When asked by another poster what book it is if not secret "andreyko" replied
SAAFC by Pilawskii!!! Shocked Huh Grin
I just had to share this in the light of all recent discussions we had about this.
Cheers,
Mario
John Thompson
Global Moderator

« Reply #11 on: May 31, 2011, 07:57:00 PM »

John,
FYI in that scalemodels.ru thread "foxbot" is asking for help-pix, camo info etc.etc. Poster "andreyko" is offering help saying he has "a good book on VVS camos". When asked by another poster what book it is if not secret "andreyko" replied
SAAFC by Pilawskii!!! Shocked Huh Grin
I just had to share this in the light of all recent discussions we had about this.
Cheers,
Mario

Yes, I saw that - I wasn't sure if he was serious, or just teasing! I also see that there is now a post in the Scalemodels thread with a link to this thread, referring to us as their western colleagues, or something like that. It's nice to be noticed - maybe we should try to post some images of interesting Yak-1's in this thread in case they look here. I'll look in my files when I get time.  Cheesy

John
John Thompson
Global Moderator

« Reply #12 on: May 31, 2011, 08:44:17 PM »

Okay, here's a few which may be of no use at all, but hey - everyone likes to look at Yak-1 photos! The trouble is, these are images I found here and there in places like ebay.de or avia-n-aero, or even Scalemodels.ru itself, and I don't have any details of squadrons or pilots to go with them. But, enjoy... Wink

Lots of photos exist of this Yak-1 with skis, RS-82 rockets, and the b/n 6; there are already a couple in the Scalemodels thread, but this one might be useful (I have a few others too!):

Three photos of b/n 37, outlined:

B/n 26, apparently field-applied roughly:

John

(Edited to add another image of b/n 37 and to make the correction to b/n 26 (not 28!) that Troy identified)
« Last Edit: May 31, 2011, 09:44:10 PM by John Thompson » Logged
Troy Smith

« Reply #13 on: May 31, 2011, 09:27:50 PM »

Okay, here's a few which may be of no use at all, but hey - everyone likes to look at Yak-1 photos! The trouble is, these are images I found here and there in places like ebay.de or avia-n-aero, or even Scalemodels.ru itself, and I don't have any details of squadrons or pilots to go with them. But, enjoy... Wink

B/n 28, apparently field-applied roughly:http://s4.postimage.org/difpprac/1_26_090910173009_russ_yak_1_01.jpg

John

b/n 26 I think. there are some more of this plane on that yak thread you linked too

http://postimage.org/image/dihd93s4/

http://postimage.org/image/difpprac/

can't work out how to do clickable thumbnails!

cheers
T
Massimo Tessitori
Administrator

« Reply #14 on: May 31, 2011, 09:32:37 PM »

Hi all,
really beautiful photos.

red 23: after four years of delay, I've finished the model of this nice plane few weeks ago. It's not as accurate as that of Ilya, but nice anyway.
By the way, the English version of the article was published on the site of our friend EP.
I think that some parts as the nose and around the stars and numbers were painted with normal white paint because of its better quality, while the remaining part was just passed with few thinned chalky paint.
The bottles should be of compressed air for the starter and other pneumatic devices. Perhaps one is of oxygen too. If I don't miss, it has two rockets under each wing.

The second plane looks painted with normal white paint overall, perhaps thicker on the sides. Note that the landing grear, in contrast, looks black, while it should be dark grey. I suppose that spinner and stripe are red, and this livery lasted few time, being deleted before returning into combat.

In absence of EP, I could think that the black paint was replaced by silver one, leaving the green; the arrow should be green, because it has silver fillets separing it from the green, but not any fillet around the star, so it is not red. I think to see a red star high on the tail, with its lower tips cutten by the light color.

The other photos are beautiful too, I love the one with skis. Thank you for sharing them.

Regards
Massimo

Pages: [1] 2
  Print  

Jump to: