Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /membri/massimotessitori/sovietwarplanes/board/Sources/Load.php(225) : runtime-created function on line 3

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /membri/massimotessitori/sovietwarplanes/board/Sources/Load.php(225) : runtime-created function on line 3
129 IAP/5GvIAP
Sovietwarplanes
May 02, 2024, 07:26:57 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: This forum replaces the old sovietwarplanes.com whose domain has expired in January 2017. It has been updated with the posts of the year 2016.
The new location of the site 'Sovietwarplanes pages' is at http://massimotessitori.altervista.org/sovietwarplanes/pages/

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: 129 IAP/5GvIAP  (Read 6696 times)
Red Rain
« on: December 04, 2005, 04:10:44 AM »

Greetings all! I am attempting to research the 129IAP/5 GvIAP. From my reading of Black Cross Red Star Vol.2, the 129 IAP was flying MiG3's at the outset of the war and were awarded Guards status in December 1941. At some point they began flying LaGG3's at least in early '42. I am trying to determine when the switch was made and also, what the 5GvIAP flew later in the war and on which Front.

I appreciate your help.

RR
Audrius

« Reply #1 on: December 06, 2005, 12:11:54 AM »

hello RR
welcome on board!  Grin

Reading the informative site by M.Bykov - http://avia-hobby.ru/publ/soviaps/101_150iap.html

we could see that the regiment in service first had I-153 a/c. Then on June 1941 transfered to Mig-3. On August 1941 to Lagg-3. December 1942 -> La-5 and on January 1945 took over La-7.

The 129 IAP became a Guard on 6th of December 1941.

Is there anything in particular what makes you interested on this IAP? Just wonder!  Grin

Here you are, perhaps one of the famous nowdays veteran and ace of 5GIAP and thanks to allmighty still between us- Popkov Vitalyi Ivanovich

BR Audrius
Red Rain
« Reply #2 on: December 06, 2005, 02:05:00 AM »

Thank you for your reply and information. My interest in the 129IAP/5GIAP comes from my mission building in IL2/Forgtten Battles where I have been buiilding missions involving the 5GIAP. I had assumed that the 5GIAP had transitioned to La5's, but I thought it was odd that they began the war with MiG3's and then to LaGG3's.

Again, thank you for the information.

RR
Audrius

« Reply #3 on: December 06, 2005, 07:06:50 AM »

hi again

>I had assumed that the 5GIAP had transitioned to La5's, but I thought it was odd that they began the war with MiG3's and then to LaGG3's

Why do you think it was odd to change Mig-3 in favour to Lagg-3? IMHO this was almost the only solution that time, having in mind the production of variuos types fighters.

do you see a picture of Popkov in my message above? At least i don't see, but the link in the message was inputed.
Nevertheless here is the direct link: http://www.pobeda.ru/biblioteka/images/st_w450_popkov4.html

BR Audrius
JP
Administrator

« Reply #4 on: December 06, 2005, 09:18:27 AM »

Wow!  He has so much metal on his uniform that I bet it makes his back hurt to hold himself upright!
Dark Green Man

« Reply #5 on: December 07, 2005, 02:11:18 AM »

Yeah !? ?
I bet he sure sets off the metal detector at the airport.

LOL

"when we lose the right to be different, we lose the priviledge to be free"--Charles Evans Hughes
Audrius

« Reply #6 on: March 10, 2006, 08:45:45 PM »

hello,
I wonder if a Red Rain has got advance in his research?
How is going with 5 GIAP?

BR Audrius
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: