Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /membri/massimotessitori/sovietwarplanes/board/Sources/Load.php(225) : runtime-created function on line 3

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /membri/massimotessitori/sovietwarplanes/board/Sources/Load.php(225) : runtime-created function on line 3
Most accurate 1/72 Pe-8?
Sovietwarplanes
May 04, 2024, 01:50:01 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: This forum replaces the old sovietwarplanes.com whose domain has expired in January 2017. It has been updated with the posts of the year 2016.
The new location of the site 'Sovietwarplanes pages' is at http://massimotessitori.altervista.org/sovietwarplanes/pages/

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Most accurate 1/72 Pe-8?  (Read 2896 times)
warhawk

« on: October 09, 2012, 02:50:49 PM »

Does the Zvezda kit (I'm talking about the in-line engine version) have some notable shape issues? (level of detail or ease of build are not a concern for me)
Also, is the A-model kit (in-line engine version announced) worth the 2 or sometimes even 3 times the price of the Zvezda tooling?
learstang

« Reply #1 on: October 09, 2012, 06:16:31 PM »

I have the Zvezda kit and it looks spot on to me.  However, I'm not much of a rivet counter, so I haven't gotten my ruler out and compared it against drawings.  One reason I don't compare kits against drawings is drawings are often inaccurate themselves (something I've found out with Shturmovik drawings).  I've seen both the Zvezda and Amodel kits (I don't have the Amodel kit) built-up and they both look right to me.

Regards,

Jason

"I'll sleep when I'm dead."

- Warren William Zevon
Massimo Tessitori
Administrator

« Reply #2 on: October 09, 2012, 08:57:26 PM »

Hi,
I've the kit of Zvezda, but it's difficult for me to tell if it's completely accurate without opening it completely. Besides drawings are much smaller, making the comparison uneasy. Who knows if any Russian modeller has already done this on Scalemodels.ru?
Anyway, the different of price for a so large model is so high that it was decisive for me. I was encouraged from the high quality of contemporary models of Zvezda as the Ju-88 and La-5 (even if I was not too enthusiast of the shape of their latest superfighter T-50).
Regards
Massimo
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: