Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /membri/massimotessitori/sovietwarplanes/board/Sources/Load.php(225) : runtime-created function on line 3

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /membri/massimotessitori/sovietwarplanes/board/Sources/Load.php(225) : runtime-created function on line 3
Re: LaGG-3 saga..Alleluia!!.. (pag. 24)
Sovietwarplanes
May 03, 2024, 12:27:22 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: This forum replaces the old sovietwarplanes.com whose domain has expired in January 2017. It has been updated with the posts of the year 2016.
The new location of the site 'Sovietwarplanes pages' is at http://massimotessitori.altervista.org/sovietwarplanes/pages/

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 25
  Print  
Author Topic: Re: LaGG-3 saga..Alleluia!!.. (pag. 24)  (Read 159653 times)
learstang

« Reply #150 on: December 20, 2012, 12:50:12 AM »

That's a very nice scheme, Marco!  I've always liked those partial winter camouflage schemes.

Regards,

Jason

"I'll sleep when I'm dead."

- Warren William Zevon
KL

« Reply #151 on: December 20, 2012, 01:21:43 AM »

What do you think about?

I would look for a better documented plane.   Kostilev's red 35 is a plane with "hypothetical" markings/camouflage!!! 

I would look for at least one photo showing entire plane (from spinner to ruder)... it may help if unit is known - to compare it with similar planes...

HTH,
KL
B_Realistic

« Reply #152 on: December 20, 2012, 10:16:08 AM »

Marko,

Great looking camo. It resembles like the camo sheme I used for my Il-2.
It was a lot of fun. If you need any help just ask.  Cheesy
But for the moment I'm leaving the path of VVS aircraft and I'm busy with a yellow Fairey Firefly from Sweden. It is all weathered and has no wings.

Michel
Markino

« Reply #153 on: December 20, 2012, 03:02:33 PM »

Hello guys, many thanks for your replies. KL, I am agree with you regarding the not completely well know Kostilev red 35.
There are only a couple of pictures about this plane and the upperside wings is only hypothetical, but this profile has been hipothized by
planes from the same unit and, by similarity, it may have been quite so (http://mig3.sovietwarplanes.com/lagg3/3gviap/3gviap59.html; http://mig3.sovietwarplanes.com/lagg3/3gviap/3gviap30.html); in several russian website I discovered often the use of the same camouflage scheme.
I choice this profile because I like it a lot and because  Frankly I don't know if exist a LaGG-3 Zavod 23 4th series well photographated.
Alternatively I like the white 44 (http://mig3.sovietwarplanes.com/lagg3/44iap/44iap44.html), but I prefer the red 35....

If some furums members have good informations about red 35 I would be very grateful!! Unfortunately I don't know Russian and I can't
ask for more informations but I think some Russian people could have more information about red 35.

Many thanks for your help!!

Ciao!

Marco
« Last Edit: December 20, 2012, 04:49:54 PM by Markino » Logged

"If you want to get what you want
 you need to get rid of the need."
Markino

« Reply #154 on: December 21, 2012, 09:30:59 AM »

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to all!!!!

We meet again on January 14th (if I can't find an internet connection before  Wink)...
Ciao

Marco
« Last Edit: December 21, 2012, 09:33:49 AM by Markino » Logged

Massimo Tessitori
Administrator

« Reply #155 on: December 21, 2012, 12:16:16 PM »

Merry Xmas Marco
66misos

Absence of evidence is not evidence of absence.

« Reply #156 on: January 15, 2013, 10:42:24 AM »

Hi Marco,
here are some screenshots that may will help you with winter camo on LaGG-3:

Those pictures do not show your plane (Red "35") but can help as analogy:
- white color on the wings starts not exactly on the leading edge and it does not cover part of the wing close to fuselage,
- weathered spinner,
- engine is covered with something looking like two military winter coats, quite nice improvised solution,
- last picture shows how white upperwing can look like.

I am really curious for your final result.
Happy modeling.

Regards,
    66misos

Massimo Tessitori
Administrator

« Reply #157 on: January 15, 2013, 04:09:58 PM »

Hi Misos,
nice screenshots. I never saw them before.
Regards
Massimo
66misos

« Reply #158 on: January 15, 2013, 05:53:19 PM »

Hi Massimo,

it is from TV series Крылья России - Истребители - Грозовые годы (Wings od Russia).
You can find it on Youtube. Here it shorter version http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dcamQtFeHFs
It is at about 2:28 from 4:03.

Here is nice view to LaGG-3 cockpit showing headrest and area behind the rear window:

regards,
    66misos

Massimo Tessitori
Administrator

« Reply #159 on: January 15, 2013, 06:30:32 PM »

Hi Misos,
nice image again. How foggy is the windscreen, how can they fly it?
Regards
Massimo
Markino

« Reply #160 on: January 17, 2013, 02:01:44 PM »

Hi Misos,
many thanks for the pictures!!! They are fantastic and very useful!!  Smiley Smiley Smiley
On this page also http://mig3.sovietwarplanes.com/lagg3/3gviap/3gviap.html there ere several pictures about the upperside main wings showing the white distemper camouflage.
It is a pity that the red 35 are only a picture.... However I think that the pictures I posted about Aviaskin red 35 is very close to the real one; this is the link for IL-2 Shturmovik  red 35 skin: http://aviaskins.com/downloadskin.aspx?id=749&lang=en
maybe they based the skin by other informations... Would be interesting to know how, but unfortunately I don't know russian to write to Ivan750 and are not his email address...

Shortly I will post new photos of my LaGG, finally I closed the fuselages... Many thanks again! Ciao!

MArco

66misos

« Reply #161 on: January 17, 2013, 03:10:23 PM »

Hi Marco,

I worked on my LaGG-3 yesterday - painting white blotches. During "table" accident it crashed down and landing gears are broken. So again I have something to repair Cry

regards,
     66misos

learstang

« Reply #162 on: January 17, 2013, 05:46:21 PM »

Marco, I look forward to photographs of your LaGG-3, and 66misos, too bad about the crash-landing.  I know how that feels, especially when you're finishing up a model.

Regards,

Jason

"I'll sleep when I'm dead."

- Warren William Zevon
Markino

« Reply #163 on: January 18, 2013, 11:53:55 AM »

Misos I am sorry for the damage on your LaGG but I am sure you will repair it very well!  Smiley

Jason don't worry. I will post photograps in the next days... Wink

Ciao!

Marco

Markino

« Reply #164 on: January 18, 2013, 12:07:22 PM »

Well, I advance the time, following some shots of details and fuselages before closing them.
Comments and suggestions are always welcome!

Ciao!

Marco
« Last Edit: January 18, 2013, 12:14:18 PM by Markino » Logged

Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 25
  Print  

Jump to: