Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /membri/massimotessitori/sovietwarplanes/board/Sources/Load.php(225) : runtime-created function on line 3
Yak-9B 168 IAP esq. MOSKVA
Sovietwarplanes
March 28, 2024, 03:29:47 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: This forum replaces the old sovietwarplanes.com whose domain has expired in January 2017. It has been updated with the posts of the year 2016.
The new location of the site 'Sovietwarplanes pages' is at http://massimotessitori.altervista.org/sovietwarplanes/pages/

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  
Author Topic: Yak-9B 168 IAP esq. MOSKVA  (Read 19364 times)
Audrius

« on: October 07, 2005, 08:45:12 AM »

hello Board!
for you interest I repost the original posting from Russian aviation history forum, talking about the questions to the veteran of 168 IAP  http://vif2ne.ru/nvi/forum/13/co/85362.htm
Particularly your interest could be to this picture of Yak-9B from esq. "Moskva" 168 IAP.
Isn't a  beauty? Smiley

It is not know (yet) who was the pilot of this Yak-9B. But please pay attention to the note on the engine cowling "Za IVANOVA!" (For IVANOV!). It is dedicated to the airmen of 168 IAP from 1 esq. - lt. Ivanov Viacheslav Alekseevich who was KIA on 18.02.1945.
As well one could note a light band (1m width)  on the fuselage - this is the sign of the all 130 IAD to which 168 IAP was assigned. For the 168 IAP particularly the sign to distinguish was the spinner in Red color. Carried a standard camo - AMT12+11 and AMT-7
Totally there were 12 Yak-9B "Moskva" (originally Yak-9D of factory Nr.153 modifyed to Yak-9B at Nr.301) assigned to 168 IAP on 13.06.1944 at Himki airfield.

Copyright  of the image to A.Drabkin (c)  www.iremember.ru

BR Audrius
« Last Edit: October 10, 2005, 04:31:59 PM by Audrius » Logged
JP
Administrator

« Reply #1 on: October 08, 2005, 03:30:20 PM »

Very nice!  Welcome to the new board, Audrius.

Now, what are those guys doing blocking our view of the aircraft!?  It looks as if the "za Ivanova" was simply hand written with chalk or something.  Maybe for the purpose of the photo.
Massimo Tessitori
Administrator

« Reply #2 on: October 09, 2005, 12:06:13 AM »

Hi Audrius,
really a beautiful image. Thanks for posting it.
Two different slogans on the same plane is an uncommon practise. Should I start to draw profiles of Yaks, this could be one of the first to be made.
Do you know if the slogan Moskva was on both sides or on one only?
Best regards
Massimo
Audrius

« Reply #3 on: October 10, 2005, 04:37:25 PM »

hi Massimo

Two different slogans on the same plane is an uncommon practise. Should I start to draw profiles of Yaks, this could be one of the first to be made.Do you know if the slogan Moskva was on both sides or on one only?

As far is known the "Moskva" inscripton was only on the right board of Yak-9. There was a quite full article on the short history of this esquadrille in one of the M-Hobby magazine issue. Given some profiles with some pictures beside.

If you would drawn the profile of this Yak, it would be nice contribution to the site. Why not.

BTW, A.Drabkin provided with the name of the pilot - Haila Aleksandr Fiodorovich
A. Drabkin had a meeting with him and the interview should be published on Artiom's site : www.iremember.ru

BR Audrius
Audrius

« Reply #4 on: October 10, 2005, 04:49:25 PM »

hi John and thanks for wellcome!  Smiley

It looks as if the "za Ivanova" was simply hand written with chalk or something.  Maybe for the purpose of the photo.

I would agree that it is hand written. But I doubt that this is a chalk. I think it is painted in white with red outline as the main inscription was.
Ther reason for aplying "Za Ivanova" was too seriuos to be simply chalk! The comrade was KIA and that is not fun at all. The pilot of this Yak-9 pilot Haila A.F. was the deputy of the 1st esquadrille's  comander.

BR Audrius
Massimo Tessitori
Administrator

« Reply #5 on: October 10, 2005, 05:27:15 PM »

Thanks Audrius.  Smiley It is a long term project. I hope to continue Lavochkins and to try to repeat the work on MiG-3.
To tell the truth, in last 3 years there was a true rain of news on MiG-3: books, new photos, restoration projects.... the field of Lavochkins is more static.
By the way, do you know if the La-7 of Monino survived to the fire or was destroyed?
Best regards
Massimo
Audrius

« Reply #6 on: October 11, 2005, 07:06:20 AM »

hello

To tell the truth, in last 3 years there was a true rain of news on MiG-3: books, new photos, restoration projects.... the field of Lavochkins is more static.

In regard to publications yes, but not in models Smiley

By the way, do you know if the La-7 of Monino survived to the fire or was destroyed?

AFIK La-7 and other planes surrived, because at the fire time they were on the open air stand. The biggest loss was to the pre-war period history, most documents were burned..unfortunatelly..... Cry

BR Audrius
Massimo Tessitori
Administrator

« Reply #7 on: October 13, 2005, 10:31:08 PM »

Hi Audrius, Smiley
the news on MiG-3 are fairly relevant: the model by Trumpeter, some decals sheets, many resin sets... not bad. Now I am waiting that someone resolves the problem of 1/72, I heard about a Trumpeter kit. I hope it is true.

The planes survived... well, this is already better than I thought.
Massimo
Dark Green Man

« Reply #8 on: October 27, 2005, 01:56:45 AM »

very fine thread gentlemen,

I am planning on doing a model of one of the planes in that unit.
whatever photos and info you can provide would be greatly appreciated.

"when we lose the right to be different, we lose the priviledge to be free"--Charles Evans Hughes
Audrius

« Reply #9 on: October 27, 2005, 08:02:42 AM »

hi DGM

I am planning on doing a model of one of the planes in that unit.
whatever photos and info you can provide would be greatly appreciated.

There should appear an interview with the pilot of 168 IAP that served in the 1st esq. "Moskva", on Russian site. After publishing overthere I will give a link here. So please stay tuned to this forum to get the news!  Wink

BR Audrius
Massimo Tessitori
Administrator

« Reply #10 on: October 28, 2005, 10:08:45 PM »

Hi,
did you see this?

It is from M-hobby
Massimo Smiley
JP
Administrator

« Reply #11 on: October 29, 2005, 12:29:20 AM »

Very nice!  Are those decals or just profiles?
Massimo Tessitori
Administrator

« Reply #12 on: October 29, 2005, 12:35:37 PM »

Only profiles Cry
I've found them by following the links in Audrius' post. Unfortunately this site is not updated since 2001, so don't expect a mine of drawings.
Massimo
Audrius

« Reply #13 on: October 29, 2005, 02:14:34 PM »

did you see this?

No I don't   Sad
What is that?  Huh

BR Audrius
Dark Green Man

« Reply #14 on: October 31, 2005, 12:57:28 AM »

I can't see it either !!!
just a web-placeholder
(box with red X in it)

"when we lose the right to be different, we lose the priviledge to be free"--Charles Evans Hughes
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  

Jump to: