Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /membri/massimotessitori/sovietwarplanes/board/Sources/Load.php(225) : runtime-created function on line 3
Polikarpov I-153 restoration
Sovietwarplanes
March 29, 2024, 08:27:23 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: This forum replaces the old sovietwarplanes.com whose domain has expired in January 2017. It has been updated with the posts of the year 2016.
The new location of the site 'Sovietwarplanes pages' is at http://massimotessitori.altervista.org/sovietwarplanes/pages/

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4
  Print  
Author Topic: Polikarpov I-153 restoration  (Read 48907 times)
Neoking

« Reply #15 on: March 28, 2011, 11:44:37 PM »

Hi Konstantin,

Well at least we checked the German green : it is a RLM62. We don't know where the aircraft was painted (Germany, France ?). As the wooden panel is written in German, and has RLM62, we could think that it was repainted by German workers...

So, as you understood, this RLM62 was repainted by the French (might be the museum). They were very probably not using standard military colors. I don't think there is any match between those colors. We know that the aircraft was then repaired (the fabric was damaged again) in the 1960s probably. So there might have been another repaint, but no confirmation yet.

Best regards Wink

Cyrille
Massimo Tessitori
Administrator

« Reply #16 on: March 29, 2011, 07:36:32 AM »

Hi Cyrille, hi Konstantin,
RLM 63 looks very similar to the supposed AII green, at least in photos. It is confirmed that the rudder was painted with Russian paint?
Regards
Massimo
Neoking

« Reply #17 on: March 29, 2011, 01:00:33 PM »

Yes Massimo, AII Green looks like RLM62. But we can see the difference. The vertical stabilizer was repainted by the Germans (we directly find the Aluminium layer under the RLM62 (which is itself below the French dark green).

The rudder was not repainted by the Germans. We directly find the russian AII green color under the French layer. So the rudder belongs to a russian green aircraft.
Massimo Tessitori
Administrator

« Reply #18 on: March 31, 2011, 07:17:40 AM »

Hi Cyrille,
what about the color of instrument panel in this plane, please? From bw photos, often the panels were painted with a light color. And this one?
Regards
Massimo
Neoking

« Reply #19 on: April 01, 2011, 03:18:02 PM »

Hi Massimo,
The instrument panel is painted in a very light color (nearly white). Do you have any idea of the color reference ?

Best Regards,

Cyrille
« Last Edit: April 01, 2011, 05:21:58 PM by Neoking » Logged
John Thompson
Global Moderator

« Reply #20 on: April 01, 2011, 04:34:44 PM »

AE-9? If I remember correctly, the cockpits of early I-16's were painted in this colour, or at least the metal parts, which would include the instrument panel.

John
Massimo Tessitori
Administrator

« Reply #21 on: April 01, 2011, 05:42:00 PM »

Hi Cyrille, hi John,

I'm in doubt: if the color of the instrument panel is AE-9, what is the beige-ish grey? They are clearly different.

Regards
Massimo
dragonlanceHR

« Reply #22 on: April 27, 2011, 09:17:26 PM »

AE-9? If I remember correctly, the cockpits of early I-16's were painted in this colour, or at least the metal parts, which would include the instrument panel.

The cockpits of late I-16's (M-63 engined) were painted AE-9, according to technical manual. IIRC it preserved the wood better.

On topic, fascinating pictures..
dragonlanceHR

« Reply #23 on: April 27, 2011, 09:35:13 PM »

Neoking,

it seems your instrument panel is missing its front mask - following is supposed to be a wartime shot from scalemodels.ru

xan

« Reply #24 on: May 04, 2011, 04:53:19 PM »

Thank you Neoking, to share with us the progression of the restoration, it's really amazing,
only those zone of AIIz are wonderfull...

Xan

Neoking

« Reply #25 on: May 08, 2011, 09:12:43 AM »

Yes, the instrument panel is missing its front mask.

We have one picture of an aircraft captured, that does not have its front mask. I think this was quite common.
The panel was painted in this very light color, because the light from the bulbs would just be reflected to the whole panel, and the black front mask would just let the instruments and gauges appear and avoid the pilot being bothered by the dazzling light.
KL

« Reply #26 on: May 31, 2011, 10:10:37 PM »

There is a 6-page text about I-153 restoration in the new, June, issue of the "Le Fana de l?Aviation" magazine!
Some really exclusive information about colours and plane history.

It's all in French!!!! Shocked Lips Sealed

Cheers,
KL
xan

« Reply #27 on: May 31, 2011, 10:30:18 PM »

Hi konstantin,
are you calling the french connection of the sovietwar planes forum at work?
Xan

mholly

« Reply #28 on: May 31, 2011, 11:12:30 PM »

There is a 6-page text about I-153 restoration in the new, June, issue of the "Le Fana de l?Aviation" magazine!
Some really exclusive information about colours and plane history.

It's all in French!!!! Shocked Lips Sealed

Cheers,
KL
Can you get the copy, here or "privately"?
Cheers,
Mario
KL

« Reply #29 on: June 01, 2011, 12:02:56 AM »

Hi Xan and Mario,
I still don't have a hard copy and can't post scans.

Hi konstantin,
are you calling the french connection of the sovietwar planes forum at work?
Xan

It would be appreciated if "French connection" translates parts of the text or provide a review.  IMHO, page 5 is interesting:  it revails plane's history and it shows how Russian historians and researchers are willing to help.

Cheers,
KL
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4
  Print  

Jump to: