Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /membri/massimotessitori/sovietwarplanes/board/Sources/Load.php(225) : runtime-created function on line 3
Decal for Galchenko's LaGG-3
Sovietwarplanes
March 29, 2024, 01:03:11 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: This forum replaces the old sovietwarplanes.com whose domain has expired in January 2017. It has been updated with the posts of the year 2016.
The new location of the site 'Sovietwarplanes pages' is at http://massimotessitori.altervista.org/sovietwarplanes/pages/

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Decal for Galchenko's LaGG-3  (Read 9931 times)
GoNzA

« on: March 31, 2011, 04:11:07 PM »

I did model of plane Galchenko's LaGG-3 (In period October-December/41 the 145 IAP was moved from the front and reorganized into 609 IAP at Kandalaksha) and have faced that decal for it is drawn not so precisely.

I looked shots of a newsreel and have noticed that the figure of a cat isn't absolutely similar. On the right board of the plane there is no mouse image.

I have tried to draw decal without lacks.

I have combined film frames with the drawing and have drawn the image of a cat.

Then I have added all technical inscriptions which has found on a photo and newsreel shots. I have made them as white and red color as I am not assured.

As a result I have received such here a decal breadboard model.

I have unpacked in its small circulation.

Any interested person on the presented initial file can print such label. The initial file for the press is free and it can be downloaded under the reference (792.74 Kb, format Corel Draw version 11):

Galtcheko1941.cdr

PS: I am sorry, my English language is very poor.
« Last Edit: March 31, 2011, 04:13:17 PM by GoNzA » Logged

Best regards,
Anatoliy
learstang

« Reply #1 on: March 31, 2011, 05:38:42 PM »

Большой спасибо!  Nice to have you on the forum, Anatoliy!  This is of particular interest to me as I plan on building a model of Galchenko's aeroplane.  I like the work you've done on the Dakoplast Shturmovik on scalemodels.ru; any idea when you are going to work on it again?  Don't worry about the language - you're English is better than my Russian and we're happy to have people who speak (and read) Russian on this site.

Regards,

Jason

"I'll sleep when I'm dead."

- Warren William Zevon
John Thompson
Global Moderator

« Reply #2 on: March 31, 2011, 06:05:48 PM »

Hi Anatoliy! I second everything Jason just said in his post - welcome aboard! I've been following your Dakoplast Il-2 project on Scalemodels.ru since you started it - what an amazing piece of work it is! The photoetch you've done for the La-5 and the 1/48 I-153 are also very impressive. Do you use a microscope for these things?  Cheesy

Best regards;
John
Massimo Tessitori
Administrator

« Reply #3 on: March 31, 2011, 08:50:04 PM »

Hi Anatoliy,
thank you for posting your work on the plane of Galchenko, it looks very interesting and well made.
The screenshots of his plane are good, where did you find them?
I would try to merge some photos to obtain an image of the whole plane, if the images allow to do this work.
Can you find some other images of the nose and tail of the same plane from the same perspective, please?
Regards
Massimo
GoNzA

« Reply #4 on: April 01, 2011, 03:05:56 AM »

Hi!
Thank you for your compliments about my work.

The screenshots of his plane are good, where did you find them?
I would try to merge some photos to obtain an image of the whole plane, if the images allow to do this work.
Can you find some other images of the nose and tail of the same plane from the same perspective, please?

Massimo !
These screenshots from a film "Fighters. Storm years" ("Истребители. Грозовые годы") a series of films "WINGS of Russia" (Крылья России).
I have downloaded it here . If you have difficulties with downloading I can send you it (DVD5 3.46 GB).
Unfortunately, in all film there is only a few continuity with plane Galchenko, almost I them have resulted all earlier.

...This is of particular interest to me as I plan on building a model of Galchenko's aeroplane. I like the work you've done on the Dakoplast Shturmovik on scalemodels.ru; any idea when you are going to work on it again?  ...

Jason!
Probably our construction of models LaGG-3 of two fighting companions - Galchenko and Mironov will be interesting to you.

About Il-2.(Sorry, It is difficult to me to answer in English in detail).
Short - I paste over with aluminum centre-section. Because after that work, which is made inside (a cockpit, chassis niches), the model surface looks crudely (though in itself it isn't bad enough made). But all is learned in comparison.

Still I worked over a set for installation of machine gun UBT(УБТ). I have described a 1:72 the machine gun here.

The photoetch you've done for the La-5 and the 1/48 I-153 are also very impressive. Do you use a microscope for these things?  Cheesy

John!
Small correction. Not I-153, and I-152 (И-15бис). The I-153 only is planned
Don't think that I the bore.  Wink

I have no microscope and I do not use some magnifying glasses.
I'm short-sighted (-5 dioptries). It here helps me.  Cheesy

Sorry for offtopic!

« Last Edit: April 01, 2011, 04:40:06 AM by GoNzA » Logged

Best regards,
Anatoliy
Massimo Tessitori
Administrator

« Reply #5 on: April 01, 2011, 08:32:25 AM »

Hi Anatoliy,
my connection is slow, 3.46 GB are by far too much. You are very kind offering to send that CD, maybe I can obtain fair images for the site. I have some movies in my hard disk, but with very poor resolution.
My compliments for the beautiful Il-2 and the impressive machine gun.
Best regards
Massimo
marluc

« Reply #6 on: April 03, 2011, 01:05:35 PM »

Welcome to the forum Gonza.Thanks for the Galchenko?s plane markings,they?ll be very usefulk for my own Lagg-3.Nice work on the machine gun and support.Greetings.

Martin
learstang

« Reply #7 on: April 03, 2011, 05:41:07 PM »

Thank you for the pictures of the Shturmovik, Anatoliy!  I've gotten many nice photographs and drawings from that particular thread at scalemodels.ru over the past year or so.  I do hope you continue working on your IL-2.

Regards,

Jason

"I'll sleep when I'm dead."

- Warren William Zevon
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: