Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /membri/massimotessitori/sovietwarplanes/board/Sources/Load.php(225) : runtime-created function on line 3
Russian Virtual Keyboard
Sovietwarplanes
March 29, 2024, 09:16:47 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: This forum replaces the old sovietwarplanes.com whose domain has expired in January 2017. It has been updated with the posts of the year 2016.
The new location of the site 'Sovietwarplanes pages' is at http://massimotessitori.altervista.org/sovietwarplanes/pages/

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Russian Virtual Keyboard  (Read 4549 times)
John Thompson
Global Moderator

« on: April 17, 2011, 08:01:02 PM »

This might be useful for things like creating text for use with a search engine instead of having to hunt for the correct Cyrillic text on web sites, then copying it into the search bar; I'm sure it has other uses as well:
http://russian.keyboard.su/

John
Markino

« Reply #1 on: April 22, 2011, 09:30:11 AM »

Hi John, very usefull. Add already on my wishlist   Wink.

Ciao!

Marco

"If you want to get what you want
 you need to get rid of the need."
michman

« Reply #2 on: May 24, 2011, 03:52:33 PM »

French, Russian, English and a Cossack dialect are used every day in my home - so we need to use this function to change to/from a Cyrillic keyboard layout ....

For Apple Mac OS 10.6 (others Mac versions are similar - and I imagine a similar capability exists for Windows machines) :

-- go to the APPLE icon in the upper left corner of your display, click and select "System Preferences" from the dropdown

-- double click on "Language & Text" (in the top row of icons)

-- click on the button "Input Sources"

-- on the left panel, check the boxes for : "Keyboard & Character Viewer" and then as many languages as you want

-- in the middle on the right, select the radio button "Use the same one in all documents" ? trust me, if you don't it will drive you crazy if you are multi-tasking

-- on the bottom the right, check the box "Show input menu in menu bar"

-- close the window

You will now see the current keyboard language's flag in the upper right of the display.

Holding down the COMMAND button + SPACE bar will alternate between languages, the flag will change to alert you to the keyboard layout you are using.

Clicking on the flag will give you a dropdown where you can select the keyboard layout and also deploy the Keyboard Viewer. The Keyboard Viewer is a pop-up that will show the keys of the currently loaded keyboard ? you can click on these virtual keys or look at the viewer and press the actual physical keys.

You also can get the alternate keyboard letters added as stickers on your physical keys or engraved on them ? a trophy engraver can do the engraving.
John Thompson
Global Moderator

« Reply #3 on: May 24, 2011, 04:01:57 PM »

Thanks, michman, and welcome to Sovietwarplanes.com!

John
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: