Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /membri/massimotessitori/sovietwarplanes/board/Sources/Load.php(225) : runtime-created function on line 3
New 1/48 Lagg-3!
Sovietwarplanes
March 29, 2024, 11:37:45 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: This forum replaces the old sovietwarplanes.com whose domain has expired in January 2017. It has been updated with the posts of the year 2016.
The new location of the site 'Sovietwarplanes pages' is at http://massimotessitori.altervista.org/sovietwarplanes/pages/

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2] 3
  Print  
Author Topic: New 1/48 Lagg-3!  (Read 28152 times)
Jouni_R
« Reply #15 on: July 27, 2006, 05:47:06 PM »

Howdy all!

Just get this SF LaGG and there is good points ( its 1/48 early series ) but also some bad points? Huh
Span is ok, 206mm ( 9,98m ), lenght is about 190mm ( 9.12m ), there seems to be some extra millimeters in the nose (?).
Height of fuselage ( after cockpit ) 34mm. Don't have 1/48 drawings, so can't compare that.

Details in the nose are fine, texture of rudder and stabilizers are too delicate, almost invisible.
No texture on radiators, wheels are strange, empty wheel wells, cockpit quite simple,
clear parts unusable: full of distortions.
Decals are printed by Begemont seems to be usable.

Haven't dry fit it yet...? Undecided
Well it costed only 10 euros

Hi,
nice boxart. I drew a profile of this plane.
Massimo

In the back of box is five profiles. Can't be 100% sure, but four of them looks like Massimo's profiles.? Shocked

Tongue Jouni

Massimo Tessitori
Administrator

« Reply #16 on: July 27, 2006, 11:10:33 PM »

Hi Jouni, Smiley
happy to read your posts here!
Thank you for your informations on this kit. On the whole, they encourage to wait and see the next ICM model.
I am displeased, in particular, for the bad quality of trasparent parts. Few people love to work with thermoformed pieces...
My profiles? Perhaps. At least, they were useful to someone.
10 euros? Did you buy it in Russia or in Finland?

Massimo Smiley
Dark Green Man

« Reply #17 on: July 30, 2006, 02:10:40 AM »

here is a crazy idea....
would it be possible to 'steal' parts from this kit and 'graft' (kitbash) it onto the LTD LaGG-3 ?
1) spinner and propeller
2) area above engine with machine gun blisters
3) exhaust stacks
4) rudder mass balances (hinge line needs to be re-scribed)
Falcon makes a vacuum-formed canopy for this plane in this scale (I think !) but it is hard to find
(at least for me)

do you plan on building the kit or not?
I like the Begemot decals and I like the machine from the 13 IAP (white 50/Yellow 4)
if you chose not to build it then please consider putting it in the 'for sale or trade' section of the forum
[/font]

"when we lose the right to be different, we lose the priviledge to be free"--Charles Evans Hughes
Massimo Tessitori
Administrator

« Reply #18 on: July 30, 2006, 07:15:36 AM »

Hi, Smiley
if I don't miss, the LTD kit represents a type 66 with a different style of canopy.
Could you explain the utility of such a kitbashing, please?

Massimo
Dark Green Man

« Reply #19 on: July 31, 2006, 12:17:11 AM »

Have you read this?[/font]

http://vvs.hobbyvista.com/Modeling/LaGG/LaGG-3/LTD/Vill/index.php

the LTD has the spinner,propeller,canopy and exhausts of the Tbilisi Oblegchenniy but all other features from the mid-production LaGG's. It also has the standard radiator intake , not the enlarged one as on White 57 (Massimo knows the one I mean)

the idea is to retro-fit or back-date the kit into an early production machine.
to address the lack of an early production LaGG-3 in 1/48th scale
the only one I know of is the VP kit (vacuum-form and resin) that has been out of production for many years and is very hard to find.
[/font]

"when we lose the right to be different, we lose the priviledge to be free"--Charles Evans Hughes
Massimo Tessitori
Administrator

« Reply #20 on: July 31, 2006, 09:19:15 AM »

Hi DGM, Smiley
you are writing that none early type LaGG-3 kit exists... but we are just discussing about a newly released one.
Apart the bad quality of clear parts and some suspect of dimensional errors, the model is described as good, probably better than an old short run (if not demonstred otherwise).
Two further variants of the same new kit have to be released for mid and late production plane, and they, right or wrong, will be concordant to this kit.
Besides, a new kit of ICM is on their catalogue.
Of course, you are free to kitbash your kits, but I don't see advantage in this.

Massimo Smiley
Jouni_R
« Reply #21 on: July 31, 2006, 09:48:26 AM »

10 euros? Did you buy it in Russia or in Finland?
from evil ebay, but it came from Ukraine.? Grin

do you plan on building the kit or not?
yep, it will be finished as finnish LG-1

would it be possible to 'steal' parts from this kit and 'graft' (kitbash) it onto the LTD LaGG-3 ?
Maybe, but why? It is easy to add details for SF kit.
Making new canopy isn't big deal, I just heat up my vacuform machine....? Wink

only one I know of is the VP kit
There is also Hi-Kit vacuform. I have it and no, it's not for sale. Tongue

Do you guys more detailed rewiev of SF kit?

Jouni

Massimo Tessitori
Administrator

« Reply #22 on: July 31, 2006, 01:14:22 PM »

Hi Jouni, Smiley
yes, it will be very interesting. Please keep us informed.
Maybe I could upload your review on the LaGG-3 page.
Are you thinking to build it in a brief time?

Massimo Smiley
Jouni_R
« Reply #23 on: July 31, 2006, 05:21:59 PM »

OK, I'll write review...

If someone wan this kit, there is one in ebay :
http://cgi.ebay.com/1-48-LaGG-3-New-Best-model-Only-1000-pcs-RARE_W0QQitemZ320012170299QQihZ011QQcategoryZ1189QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem
Audrius

« Reply #24 on: July 31, 2006, 05:25:19 PM »

hello DGM!!
as Massimo mentioned  already there is no big deal to kitbash SF and LTD kits as SF is alredy of the early , 4th series!
But, perhaps it would be worth to kitbash resin La-5 from Vector (fuselage)  with SF Lagg-3 in order to get a proper geometry kit!! I have heard that the fuselage of SF Lagg-3 is not OK. Sorry no more details, just not mine scale.

BTW it was mentioned that Vector renewed it's work on Lagg-3 in 1/48.

BR Audrius
« Last Edit: July 31, 2006, 05:27:26 PM by Audrius » Logged
Massimo Tessitori
Administrator

« Reply #25 on: August 01, 2006, 12:42:27 PM »

Hi, Smiley
I am aware of suspects on the fuselage shape, but I would find concordance on the drawings to be utilized as a base. I suspect that the profile of Voronin is somewhat too fat.
Once identified where and if a fuselage is too long, one can shorten it. I don't love kitbashing. It's expensive, and can give surprises if sections of pieces don't fit. This can't be seen before on drawings. Undecided

Massimo Smiley
Dark Green Man

« Reply #26 on: August 01, 2006, 05:05:58 PM »

Hello,
1) the idea for kitbashing LTD and SF kit was to use the correct dimensions and proporsions of
the LTD kit.
2) until I see the ICM kit on store shelves I will not hold my breath, things that have appeared in catalogs sometimes are not available.
3) thank you for the link, I put in a bid as I have done business with this seller before.

only one I know of is the VP kit
There is also Hi-Kit vacuform. I have it and no, it's not for sale.

would it be possible to post pictures of the Hi-Kit?
if you are interested, in my next photo session I could take some pictures of the VP LaGG-3.

Michael_XIII

Bad Russian Boy

« Reply #27 on: August 02, 2006, 12:29:10 PM »

I just got one yesterday!

Massimo, some profiles is really yours, and SF says "thanks" to your in instruction

The kit is better that I think, but now we awaitng ICM model. I hear some rumors that it will be in September (as their Bf-109F) and in box wiil be 5 non-transparent sprues (!)

If I'll want make SF, need some part from Vector - control surfaces, vacu canopy & some little, or awaiting Vector.
Massimo Tessitori
Administrator

« Reply #28 on: August 02, 2006, 12:45:44 PM »

Hi Michael, Smiley
here is someone that writes "thanks"!
Have you their mailbox, please? Maybe they will send a sample on request...
My idea is to wait for ICM kit. Maybe they will make a detailed engine...
However, Vector could make a simple correction set for SF model. I don't think that things justify a full resin kit.

Massimo
Jouni_R
« Reply #29 on: August 03, 2006, 12:27:43 PM »

Hit-Kit LaGG-3. I bought this "second-hand" without decals and late-type canopy.

South Front email:
s-front@mail.ru
Pages: 1 [2] 3
  Print  

Jump to: