Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /membri/massimotessitori/sovietwarplanes/board/Sources/Load.php(225) : runtime-created function on line 3
La-7 "white 14" Alelyukhin, Lagg-3 ser.66, I-15bis-MORE PIX added!
Sovietwarplanes
March 28, 2024, 10:27:19 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: This forum replaces the old sovietwarplanes.com whose domain has expired in January 2017. It has been updated with the posts of the year 2016.
The new location of the site 'Sovietwarplanes pages' is at http://massimotessitori.altervista.org/sovietwarplanes/pages/

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  
Author Topic: La-7 "white 14" Alelyukhin, Lagg-3 ser.66, I-15bis-MORE PIX added!  (Read 16980 times)
mholly

« on: May 08, 2011, 02:54:39 AM »

La-7 is an Eduard 1/72 kit, started last year, finished this March to enter Mosquitocon XX in New Jersey, where I got 3rd place in 1/72 single-engine category.
Lagg-3 is a Dakoplast kit which I had built many years ago but recently stripped off the paint and re-built. I-15bis is ICM kit, same story as Lagg-3, green camo on it is Akan AIIz.
As you can see my photography needs improvement. Hope you don't mind "pix heavy" content.
Cheers,
Mario

« Last Edit: May 08, 2011, 11:20:57 PM by mholly » Logged
learstang

« Reply #1 on: May 08, 2011, 03:50:31 AM »

Very nice, Mario!  The colours look good (at least they look like what I imagine the two-colour grey scheme to be).  I would definitely like to see more photographs.  By the way, what colours did you use and how is the kit?

Regards,

Jason

"I'll sleep when I'm dead."

- Warren William Zevon
mholly

« Reply #2 on: May 08, 2011, 05:49:58 AM »

Very nice, Mario!  The colours look good (at least they look like what I imagine the two-colour grey scheme to be).  I would definitely like to see more photographs.  By the way, what colours did you use and how is the kit?

Regards,

Jason
Hi Jason,
I added 2 more kits to the original post. On La-7 I used Akan AMT-7/11/12 as "etalons" and mixed my own shades from Gunze Hobby paints. I made them a bit lighter I have to confess. Eduard La-7 is a great kit, builds smoothly and quickly. If only they had done La-5 family?
Btw did you see that Il-2 build (1/48 AM) on ARC posted recently? VERY nicely done.
Cheers,
Mario
Massimo Tessitori
Administrator

« Reply #3 on: May 08, 2011, 08:00:58 AM »

Good models, Mario. Thank you for sharing. Are they oob or modified in some way?
Regards
Massimo
mholly

« Reply #4 on: May 08, 2011, 08:46:04 AM »

Good models, Mario. Thank you for sharing. Are they oob or modified in some way?
Regards
Massimo
Thanks Massimo. All of them are mostly oob, epecially cockpits. Additions/modifications are represented by new pitot tubes, landing gear hydraulic lines, brass antenna posts etc.
Mario
marluc

« Reply #5 on: May 08, 2011, 01:41:05 PM »

Excellent models Mario,they look very good.If you have more pictures of them,it would be great if you share them with us.The I-15bis is ICM,isn?t it? Greetings.

Martin
mholly

« Reply #6 on: May 08, 2011, 11:22:17 PM »

Excellent models Mario,they look very good.If you have more pictures of them,it would be great if you share them with us.The I-15bis is ICM,isn?t it? Greetings.

Martin
Thanks Martin. I just added more pix. Yes, I-15bis is ICM kit.
Cheers,
Mario
learstang

« Reply #7 on: May 09, 2011, 01:27:58 AM »

Nice models, Mario!  You don't happen to have any Shturmoviks to show us, do you?  Especially one in a accurate three-colour scheme (a rare model indeed)?

Regards,

Jason

- Warren William Zevon
mholly

« Reply #8 on: May 09, 2011, 02:17:53 AM »

Nice models, Mario!  You don't happen to have any Shturmoviks to show us, do you?  Especially one in a accurate three-colour scheme (a rare model indeed)?

Regards,

Jason
Thanks again Jason. Speaking about Shturmovik I actually do, AM kit build many years ago (no longer have it), wouldn't be happy with AMT-1 these days...and AMT-7 should have been more grayish. Wel...

John Thompson
Global Moderator

« Reply #9 on: May 09, 2011, 05:27:33 PM »

Excellent work, and definitely some interesting and useful information in your text regarding colours and how you chose them. The weathering and detail on the Il-2 is very well done. Congratulations on your achievements at Mosquitocon - it's good to see some well-built and accurately-finished VVS GPW models on the table to "show the flag" to the rest of the modelbuilding world - maybe next year there'll be fewer '109's and more La-7's! Wink

John
learstang

« Reply #10 on: May 09, 2011, 05:49:33 PM »

You're welcome, and very nice Shturmovik, Mario!  It's nice to see "Za Leningrad" in something approaching the accurate three-colour scheme.  Oh, and Happy Victory Day everybody (May 9th)!  Za Pobeda - For Victory!

Regards,

Jason
« Last Edit: May 09, 2011, 05:51:26 PM by learstang » Logged

- Warren William Zevon
John Thompson
Global Moderator

« Reply #11 on: May 09, 2011, 08:08:57 PM »

Thanks for the reminder, Jason - here's something I picked up from Erik Pilawskii's site a couple of years ago - I hope he won't mind me posting it here:

За победу!

John
Pascal

« Reply #12 on: May 09, 2011, 09:18:02 PM »

I like these models, especially the La-7 ! The colours look fine.

Pascal

TISO

« Reply #13 on: May 09, 2011, 11:09:27 PM »

Great models. I plan to do the same dako LaGG with the same markings

Disciple of Error
KL

« Reply #14 on: May 10, 2011, 08:10:36 AM »

Excellent work Mario!
I-15bis with silver undersides looks great.
Is the lower part of the engine cowling light gray AE-9?  what did you use for AE-9?

Cheers,
KL
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  

Jump to: