Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /membri/massimotessitori/sovietwarplanes/board/Sources/Load.php(225) : runtime-created function on line 3
new book of VVS models of the GPW:Stars on the wings
Sovietwarplanes
March 28, 2024, 09:33:06 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: This forum replaces the old sovietwarplanes.com whose domain has expired in January 2017. It has been updated with the posts of the year 2016.
The new location of the site 'Sovietwarplanes pages' is at http://massimotessitori.altervista.org/sovietwarplanes/pages/

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: new book of VVS models of the GPW:Stars on the wings  (Read 5847 times)
xan

« on: May 10, 2011, 11:34:16 PM »

Does anyone have red this book ? any comment?

some pages can be seen here:

http://www.zeughaus.ru/product/zvyozdy-na-kryljah/

Xan

learstang

« Reply #1 on: May 11, 2011, 12:02:37 AM »

No, but it looks interesting.  If my Russian weren't so limited, I might buy it.

Regards,

Jason

"I'll sleep when I'm dead."

- Warren William Zevon
K.Ingraham

« Reply #2 on: April 24, 2012, 05:03:15 AM »

Xan,
While this is an ancient thread, I can answer: Buy this book!
Even if you cannot read Russian, it is worth it for the comprehensive and quality color photos of the models in progress. This is some of the very best aircraft modeling I've ever seen--these Russians do not rely entirely on commercial aftermarket products to improve their modeling and their results are inspiring.

I bought mine from Viktor Kulikov, who posted in the last few days a new PO-2 book.
learstang

« Reply #3 on: April 24, 2012, 06:33:00 AM »

Xan,
Even if you cannot read Russian, it is worth it for the comprehensive and quality color photos of the models in progress. This is some of the very best aircraft modeling I've ever seen--these Russians do not rely entirely on commercial aftermarket products to improve their modeling and their results are inspiring.

I bought mine from Viktor Kulikov, who posted in the last few days a new PO-2 book.

Ancient thread, or not, Russophone or not, it looks like I should buy this book (the M-Hobby site has it for less than $8USD!).  If nothing else, it will show me what Russian modelling books look like - I might pick up some pointers for my book.

Regards,

Jason

- Warren William Zevon
K.Ingraham

« Reply #4 on: April 24, 2012, 06:36:38 PM »

Yes you should!

If after receiving it you decide that you don't like it after all, to even out your investment, I'll buy you a 22oz bottle of the Baltika of your choice.  Grin 
I favor #7.
learstang

« Reply #5 on: April 24, 2012, 07:43:23 PM »

Don't you mean "nomer syem"?  And it's "Gdyeh tooahlyet?" after you drink it.

Regards,

Jason

- Warren William Zevon
mholly

« Reply #6 on: April 25, 2012, 07:54:56 AM »

Kevin,
FYI the book doesn't feature only "Russians". One of the top modellers there is Alexander Sekularac who's originally Serbian living in
Germany.
Mario

Xan,

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: