Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /membri/massimotessitori/sovietwarplanes/board/Sources/Load.php(225) : runtime-created function on line 3
Mig-3 White 28 of 7 IAP VVS ChF (Black Sea Fleet) in Kuban, 1943
Sovietwarplanes
March 29, 2024, 12:59:11 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: This forum replaces the old sovietwarplanes.com whose domain has expired in January 2017. It has been updated with the posts of the year 2016.
The new location of the site 'Sovietwarplanes pages' is at http://massimotessitori.altervista.org/sovietwarplanes/pages/

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Mig-3 White 28 of 7 IAP VVS ChF (Black Sea Fleet) in Kuban, 1943  (Read 8655 times)
Apex1701

« on: May 11, 2011, 12:19:43 PM »

I am about to start a new project, building the white 28 of 7 IAP VVS ChF (Black Sea Fleet) in Kuban, 1943.

This page : http://mig3.sovietwarplanes.com/mig3/white28.html
shows it as green /dark green.
In light of the newest research it should be AMT-4 / AMT-6, right ?

If not, what kind of green/dark green?

Thanks.

Jean
Massimo Tessitori
Administrator

« Reply #1 on: May 11, 2011, 12:34:36 PM »

Hi Jean,
I now think that a faded and thin layer of black is more likely.
Regards
Massimo
mholly

« Reply #2 on: May 11, 2011, 10:36:47 PM »

Jean,
...shows it as green /dark green.
There was NO green/DARK GREEN camo in VVS system. So called "AII Dk.Green" is Pilawskii's invention.
In light of the newest research it should be AMT-4 / AMT-6, right ?
Yes, or AIIz/AMT-6. And this research is not that new, published in 1999!
Cheers,
Mario
Apex1701

« Reply #3 on: May 12, 2011, 12:15:08 AM »

Yes Mario, I know about Pilawskii's invention no need to patronize me Undecided
But since the green/dark green was still in that webpage I wanted to make sure.

BTW may I suggest to Massimo that he wrote a note on the pages where green/dark green camo are shown
to the effect that the dark green should be replaced with black.

Thanks.

Jean
mholly

« Reply #4 on: May 12, 2011, 01:38:16 AM »

Yes Mario, I know about Pilawskii's invention no need to patronize me Undecided
But since the green/dark green was still in that webpage I wanted to make sure.

BTW may I suggest to Massimo that he wrote a note on the pages where green/dark green camo are shown
to the effect that the dark green should be replaced with black.

Thanks.

Jean

Well, you asked and I took time to answer. If you feel it was patronizing I promise I'll refrain from answering in the future.
No matter what source it should be clear, at least on this site, that "green/green" camo is a myth.
Mario
Massimo Tessitori
Administrator

« Reply #5 on: May 12, 2011, 07:16:07 AM »

Well, you asked and I took time to answer. If you feel it was patronizing I promise I'll refrain from answering in the future.
No matter what source it should be clear, at least on this site, that "green/green" camo is a myth.
Mario

Probably it was so, there are not directives about green/green... but camouflages with two greens are described by some veterans, and one who examined a piece of TB in a museum wrote that a thin layer of black over green looks as black-green. So we have to be not too dogmatic.
Regards
Massimo
mholly

« Reply #6 on: May 12, 2011, 09:49:30 AM »

Probably it was so, there are not directives about green/green... but camouflages with two greens are described by some veterans, and one who examined a piece of TB in a museum wrote that a thin layer of black over green looks as black-green. So we have to be not too dogmatic.
Regards
Massimo
Massimo,
It's not about being dogmatic but up until now no direct, or indirect, proof has surfaced to confirm "green/green" camo. There was simply only one camo green in VVS system during GPW (not talking about particular chemistry of paint of course)!
The most reliable sources are documents and relics. Any serious researcher will attest that veterans' recollections are the least reliable source of information. That doesn't say they shouldn't be taken into account, on the contrary, but with a great caution and as a supplementary info.
Painting instructions really specified one sprayed coat of black over green. So we know it was black paint and we should not be even debating it over and over. Nobody knows how it actually looked since there are too many variables involved. I agree it may have looked black-green then it is still more black than green.
Cheers,
Mario
Apex1701

« Reply #7 on: May 14, 2011, 03:20:35 PM »

Thanks guys,

I'll go with the AMT-4 and 6 colors.
Black will be very faded.

Jean
mholly

« Reply #8 on: May 14, 2011, 08:35:22 PM »

Thanks guys,

I'll go with the AMT-4 and 6 colors.
Black will be very faded.

Jean

Green will not be faded?
Mario
Apex1701

« Reply #9 on: May 14, 2011, 08:43:23 PM »

Green will not be faded?
Mario

Yep, but green will be green while black will show green through it.

Jean
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: