Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /membri/massimotessitori/sovietwarplanes/board/Sources/Load.php(225) : runtime-created function on line 3
lagg-3 model
Sovietwarplanes
March 28, 2024, 09:00:56 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: This forum replaces the old sovietwarplanes.com whose domain has expired in January 2017. It has been updated with the posts of the year 2016.
The new location of the site 'Sovietwarplanes pages' is at http://massimotessitori.altervista.org/sovietwarplanes/pages/

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: lagg-3 model  (Read 15129 times)
goatmonkey

« on: June 04, 2006, 04:54:30 AM »

Hello,

introductions, again.  build planes, use the site for reference.  great stuff.  thought i'd contribute.  i built this quite a while ago actually.  Massimo's got a review of the unbuilt kit on the site, i believe, so here's a finished example.  it's actually a rather lousy kit.  the instructions are a mishmash of versions, the fit is lousy and a lot of stuff is mis-shaped.  i've got a thread on another forum covering the build if anyone's interested.  anyway, here's the final result, sorry if the pics are a bit on the enourmous side:

« Last Edit: June 04, 2006, 05:45:34 AM by goatmonkey » Logged
Massimo Tessitori
Administrator

« Reply #1 on: June 04, 2006, 09:13:39 PM »

Hi, Smiley
this looks an interesting model. Is it from Toko? Could you let me know more, please?
Massimo
goatmonkey

« Reply #2 on: June 05, 2006, 01:31:04 AM »

yes it's the Roden (aka Toko kit), same one you've got an article on.  here's the thread covering the build:

http://finescale.com/FSM/CS/forums/547064/ShowPost.aspx

some of the image url's have gone wrong but i still have the actual pictures.  i could compile it into a build review if you'd like. 
Audrius

« Reply #3 on: June 05, 2006, 07:09:37 AM »

hi goatmonkey!
what a nice diorama with nice model of Lagg-3.
But isn't it too rough finishing on it?? It  is not the tank who has got to go through every mud on it's way!!  Grin I would remind about the scale efect not only regarding the shade of paint but as well the weathering!! At least for me it look too rough for this nice Lagg-3! That's my IMHO anyhow!

Welcome on board,
BR Audrius
Massimo Tessitori
Administrator

« Reply #4 on: June 05, 2006, 10:36:11 PM »

Hi Goatmonkey, Smiley
a building report would be nice.
I've read your one on that forum. Well done.
A more syntetic report would be better for our use. I would add it to the LaGG-3 page.
Massimo
goatmonkey

« Reply #5 on: June 06, 2006, 04:50:58 AM »

Audrius:  i'm not sure if you mean the paint finish itself is too rough or the plane's over-weathered.  you may be right but either way a good part of that is the picture itself.  it's a 1/72 scale kit so the bumpiness of the paint isn't as noticeable at a regular viewing distance and the contrast isn't quite so drastic at regular lighting either.  here's one that's a bit more out of focus but the paint looks a bit more reasonable...

Massimo:  ok, i can compile it into something a bit more civilized than what i've got there.  did you want me to post it on here or put it together in a zip file or anything?
Massimo Tessitori
Administrator

« Reply #6 on: June 06, 2006, 06:19:11 AM »

Hi Goatmonkey, Smiley
a zip file will be good.
About the weathering of the plane: in my opinion it is possible. The plane of Mironov looks in comparable conditions, even if usual images of other LaGG-3s show planes in better conditions (short-lived...)
Massimo
goatmonkey

« Reply #7 on: June 14, 2006, 02:32:48 AM »

Massimo,

i haven't forgotten about the build article, still working on it.  sorry it's taking a long time, work's been getting in the way.  Smiley
Massimo Tessitori
Administrator

« Reply #8 on: June 16, 2006, 11:19:50 PM »

Hi, Smiley
don't worry. The place is already resereved for your work when it will be ready.
Massimo
goatmonkey

« Reply #9 on: August 06, 2006, 11:26:46 PM »

Sorry for the long delay but i finally managed to wrap up the review.  I've got it in a zip file along with photos but i don't know how to get it to you (or if you still want it).  Smiley
Massimo Tessitori
Administrator

« Reply #10 on: August 07, 2006, 06:54:33 AM »

Hi Goatmonkey, Smiley
yes, your work is welcome. Send it to
massimo.tessitori@libero.it
, please.

Massimo
Massimo Tessitori
Administrator

« Reply #11 on: August 09, 2006, 10:48:58 PM »

Hi Goatmonkey,  Smiley
I've received your excellent work. It will be uploaded soon. Thank you.

Massimo
Massimo Tessitori
Administrator

« Reply #12 on: August 10, 2006, 06:50:42 AM »

Hi, Smiley
the file is uploaded and accessible from the LaGG-3 page. Please have a look.
Massimo
huevans

« Reply #13 on: May 08, 2007, 02:48:20 PM »

Goatmonkey, I'm 90% through my own Toko LaGG build and I'm bemused by the landing gear. The landing gear covers come almost entirely up the struts and are too thick to fit into the appropriate cavities in the wing undersides. So the undercarriage assmeblies don't really fit where they should. How did you deal with that problem?
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: