Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /membri/massimotessitori/sovietwarplanes/board/Sources/Load.php(225) : runtime-created function on line 3
I-15 bis of the 70 IAP Kalkhin gol war, may of 1939
Sovietwarplanes
March 29, 2024, 04:46:16 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: This forum replaces the old sovietwarplanes.com whose domain has expired in January 2017. It has been updated with the posts of the year 2016.
The new location of the site 'Sovietwarplanes pages' is at http://massimotessitori.altervista.org/sovietwarplanes/pages/

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 8
  Print  
Author Topic: I-15 bis of the 70 IAP Kalkhin gol war, may of 1939  (Read 72466 times)
xan

« on: June 03, 2011, 05:29:39 PM »

Hi,
this is my next project, a I-15 bis of the 70 IAP Kalkhin gol war, in may of 1939:

I've no pics of this plane, and the only one I got of this regiment is that one:

a plane shooted down in the first month of the war.
However this pic gives some elements :
the wing's upside apears clearly silver, and so does the propeler...
Do you agree with me ?

Does somebody have a pic of this plane ?

thanks

Xan

KL

« Reply #1 on: June 03, 2011, 06:59:43 PM »

Hi Xan,
I agree, your photo shows silver wing underside.

How we understand I-15bis colours at this time, most I-15bis had undersides painted in gray AE-9 for metal parts and silver AII Aluminium for fabric covered surfaces.  There is a posibility that early 1938 planes had undersides painted in solid gray, same as I-16s (actually AE-9 and AII Gray).

Few corrections for your profile:
1.  Undersides are most likely painted in gray & silver combination, not light blue!  Roll Eyes
2.  Boundary between light gray and green on engine cowling should be a straight line higher than shown
3.  White line abowe the tailplane is a strip of fabric, not part of markings

I'll check for the photo...

Cheers,
KL
KL

« Reply #2 on: June 04, 2011, 08:12:17 PM »

I'll check for the photo...

Sorry, no photos... Embarrassed

profile is supposed to represent I-15bis captured by Japanese forces in March 1939.  Pilot D. Gusarov lost orientation and landed on enemy terytory.

Cheers,
KL
xan

« Reply #3 on: June 05, 2011, 12:31:23 AM »

thank you konstantin for searching, and thank you too for the informations you founded...
Xan
« Last Edit: June 05, 2011, 07:42:15 PM by xan » Logged

xan

« Reply #4 on: August 26, 2011, 10:23:43 AM »

Hi everybody,
I started my new project of I-152:
http://www.master194.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=63442

Does someone have any idea in wich coulur were paint interior part of a I-152 ?
I asked to neoking , but he doesn't know. i just think that the actual paint (grey green) is not the primitive one
Without any information I will do it in A14 grey...

Xan

Massimo Tessitori
Administrator

« Reply #5 on: August 26, 2011, 12:17:57 PM »

Hi Xan,
looking at the photos on the Squadron/Signal, I suppose that a lighter color could have been utilized, possibly AE-9.
Regards
Massimo
xan

« Reply #6 on: September 27, 2011, 10:33:30 PM »

hello friends,
Ineed your help about an information.
loking at the plan I notice A and B parts:

1) what is that (A, B)?
2) are they metal part?
3) are they in the both side ?

My model is going on.
It is an huggly resin model, a "replica", quite primitive , and only mounting the kit was all a challenge  Wink

what do you say about colours ?

For the AII green, I get the Akan paint lighter with 10% of white:

here is the AE-9 (the real colours is lighter) what do you think about? (all the colours will be glosiers)

Xan
« Last Edit: September 28, 2011, 07:49:14 PM by xan » Logged

learstang

« Reply #7 on: September 28, 2011, 03:25:08 AM »

The colours look good to me, Xan.  Regarding parts A and B, I believe A is for carrying bombs, but B I don't know what that is.  Part A is metal and is on both sides.  No doubt someone who's more of an expert on the I-15 series will be able to tell you for certain about these parts.

Regards,

Jason

"I'll sleep when I'm dead."

- Warren William Zevon
Massimo Tessitori
Administrator

« Reply #8 on: September 28, 2011, 07:25:08 AM »

Hi Xan,
the tip is metal skinned on this side only, the English caption on the Polish version of the book of Maslov says:
hatches (only right wing)for signal rockets (flares) mount.
It could be not on all the planes, for example I can see a right wingtip that looks fabric skinned in the photo at pag 21 of my book.
Regards
Massimo
marluc

« Reply #9 on: September 28, 2011, 01:27:03 PM »

Hello xan:

Your?re doing a nice work on your I-15bis,the colours look good to me too.Greetings.

Martin
xan

« Reply #10 on: September 28, 2011, 04:34:17 PM »

Thanks to all of you.

Does someone know if the A and B metal parts were present in all the I-152 or only during the great patriotic war, when they became groud attack planes?

here is my step-by-step
http://www.master194.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=63442&start=125

Xan
« Last Edit: September 29, 2011, 11:56:10 PM by xan » Logged

KL

« Reply #11 on: September 28, 2011, 07:27:32 PM »

1) what is that (A, B)?
2) are they metal part?
3) are they in the both side ?

Hi Xan,
I-15bis was from the beginning designed as a "fighter-bomber".  All I-15bis could cary bombs, they were not converted in Sturmoviks later in 1940/41.
Bomb racks (actually hollow metal beams) were instaled inside the lower wing between wing spars.  Your Part A is metal cover for those bomb racks.

Polish translation Massimo provided is not accurate in details: those were not signal flares - pilot had a pistol in cockpit for signal flares!
Rockets/torches/flares stored in the right wing tip were used to light the airfield during the night landing.  In Maslov's book they are called parachute torches.  It is posible that those were installed only in "Night Fighters".

Hope this helps,
Konstantin   
KL

« Reply #12 on: September 28, 2011, 07:48:05 PM »

Xan,

Both Part A and Part B are metal.

Part A is on both sides and present on all I-15bis fighters

Part B right wing only, maybe not present on all I-15bis fighters.  If I were you I would make my model with it, makes model more interestingWink

Cheers, Smiley
KL
KL

« Reply #13 on: September 28, 2011, 09:44:28 PM »

here is the AE-9 (the real colours is lighter) what do you think about? (all the colours will be glosiers)

My poorly calibrated monitor is showing AE-9 as something yellow-green  Huh. AE-9 is light gray with light bluish shade.

FS-15630 is provided by Pilawskii and, by definition, can not be right!

the colours are more like following:

« Last Edit: September 28, 2011, 09:47:49 PM by KL » Logged
learstang

« Reply #14 on: September 28, 2011, 09:51:43 PM »

It looks like Xan updated the lower picture - it does look like it might have a bit of a yellowish cast to it (I don't think it did before).  Are seeing this in person, Xan?

Regards,

Jason

"I'll sleep when I'm dead."

- Warren William Zevon
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 8
  Print  

Jump to: