Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /membri/massimotessitori/sovietwarplanes/board/Sources/Load.php(225) : runtime-created function on line 3
I-15 bis of the 70 IAP Kalkhin gol war, may of 1939
Sovietwarplanes
March 28, 2024, 11:37:04 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: This forum replaces the old sovietwarplanes.com whose domain has expired in January 2017. It has been updated with the posts of the year 2016.
The new location of the site 'Sovietwarplanes pages' is at http://massimotessitori.altervista.org/sovietwarplanes/pages/

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8
  Print  
Author Topic: I-15 bis of the 70 IAP Kalkhin gol war, may of 1939  (Read 72458 times)
xan

« Reply #90 on: October 22, 2011, 01:24:21 AM »

All right, you're right,
the spats protect the plane of mud projection , it's true.
The mud have not to be in the outside of the spets it's true
the mud is too yellow , true again
even more, in the mongolian steppe in spring, there is no mud...
but I wanted to test a knew technic to represent mud so I did it, and like it  Wink
anyway, the diorama who will represente the mongolian steppe (look the pic below) will hide a part od the spat so...

then I will see if I have to correct
thank you anyway for your observations

Xan

Xan

Massimo Tessitori
Administrator

« Reply #91 on: October 22, 2011, 04:58:55 PM »

Hi Xan,
that grass is really good-looking. How is it made?
Regards
Massimo
KL

« Reply #92 on: October 22, 2011, 07:13:52 PM »

Hi Xan,
could you post better scans of the I-15bis with the stripes on them, please? I'm working on a gallery on I-15bis just now.

Hi Massimo,
I Found who was the photographer who took those photos - M.S. Bernshtein

http://rgakfd.altsoft.spb.ru/showObject.do?object=1802942852

will not help for your gallery, but at least you know who has copyrights.
Massimo Tessitori
Administrator

« Reply #93 on: October 22, 2011, 08:20:39 PM »

Thank you
Massimo
xan

« Reply #94 on: October 23, 2011, 02:23:28 PM »

Thanks Konstantin.
Massimo the grass have been bought here:
http://www.phpshopxml.com/quakit.shop/CID/6e0f1f39f552b0b8ca4b36d90ae0d9eb/function/itemSearchResultPageDisplay/shopSearchType/familySubFamilyCode/shopSearchData/MINI|MINTAPI
there is a plenty of grass kind.
quite expensive but very effective.

I put some day taken pics.
Konstantin you are surely right about the green a little bit too light.
Next time, I will du the AII green darker...

Aie , de ce cot? la jointure du pare brise n'est pas terrible le pare brise est celui d'un I-16...

John Thompson
Global Moderator

« Reply #95 on: October 24, 2011, 01:39:56 AM »

Aie , de ce cot? la jointure du pare brise n'est pas terrible le pare brise est celui d'un I-16...

Just tell everyone the I-16 windscreen is a "field modification"! Wink

John
Massimo Tessitori
Administrator

« Reply #96 on: October 24, 2011, 07:23:10 AM »

Hi Xan,
if you want to use this windshield to replace that of the  I-15bis, you would be better to shorten and made oblique its rear end.
Regards
Massimo
KL

« Reply #97 on: October 24, 2011, 09:19:01 PM »

Hi Xan,
good news and bad news!!!

Good news:  I found photo of your I-15bis "No 14 with pilotka"!!!  one after which all those profiles were drawn!!!

Bad news:  It wasn't a Halhin-Gol plane, it did not belong to 70 iap and it did not have spats when photo was taken.  Sad
This I-15bis belonged to 71 iap VVS KBF, it was a navy plane and the photo was taken in autumn 1941.

there is also a pre-war photo of "red 14" (no pilotka!)

Combine them and you will get your "Red 14 with pilotka"!  How it ended at Halhin -gol is unknown.  Blame profile artists... Lips Sealed

Cheers,
KL
learstang

« Reply #98 on: October 24, 2011, 11:44:30 PM »

Nice pictures, Konstantin.  So "pilotka" in Russian means "cap", as in fin/rudder cap, or something else?

Regards,

Jason

"I'll sleep when I'm dead."

- Warren William Zevon
KL

« Reply #99 on: October 25, 2011, 01:11:31 AM »

Wikipedia says "Side cap":  http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Side_cap

KL

learstang

« Reply #100 on: October 25, 2011, 01:21:47 AM »

Wikipedia says "Side cap":  http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Side_cap

KL

Thank you!  I may have to get me one of those.  I could go dressed as a frontovik to a Halloween party - although I doubt that anyone would realise that I were dressed as an RKKA soldier.  They'd probably guess I were a German soldier.  After all, we all know that WWII was fought between the Americans, the British, the Germans, the Japanese, and the Italians - am I forgetting anyone?  Of course, the Hungarians, Finns, and Romanians!

Regards,

Jason

"I'll sleep when I'm dead."

- Warren William Zevon
Massimo Tessitori
Administrator

« Reply #101 on: October 25, 2011, 05:57:54 AM »

Hi all
Good news:  I found photo of your I-15bis "No 14 with pilotka"!!!  one after which all those profiles were drawn!!!
I had already seen that photo, but despite the resemblance it don't look the same of the profile. The digits are different, and there are not white lines. In my idea, there is a thin black line under the red cap.
The second photo is different, too. I suppose that there were at least twenty I-15bis numbered 14 distributed in many units.
Regards
Massimo
« Last Edit: October 25, 2011, 06:05:30 AM by Massimo Tessitori » Logged
KL

« Reply #102 on: October 25, 2011, 07:27:08 PM »

I suppose that there were at least twenty I-15bis numbered 14 distributed in many units.

Massimo,
You may suppose that there were at least twenty I-15bis numbered 13, but there isn?t a single profile of I-15bis with No 13.  Or, twenty I-15bis numbered 15 ? no profiles whatsoever!!!

14 in different forms is the most common among profiles.  This plane may also influenced artists

It clearly represents the plane from the photo posted before.

Xan?s number 14 is extremely popular among profile artists:   

It?s strange that photo/photos of this particular plane are not available anywhere???  Have you seen photo of the "Red 14 with pilotka"?
KL
Massimo Tessitori
Administrator

« Reply #103 on: October 25, 2011, 09:42:22 PM »

Hi Konstantin,
before stating that a photo don't exist, one should be reasonably sure to have seen all the photos ever published. Or maybe could ask the artist what were his sources, and if he answers as an old friend of us... well, one can seriously think that the profile is wrong.
Regards
Massimo
xan

« Reply #104 on: October 26, 2011, 09:04:42 AM »

Hello Konstantin,
first of all thank you for the research work you take.
Well, as Massimo, I don't think this "white 14" is the same that mine
(honestly, even if I thought it was, I wouldn't change anything, too late)

about the profils, I don't doubt that one profil, right or wrong was popied x time (I often see this phenomen with french planes). The question is witch reference has the first profil drawer...

Anyway as I told you before, it's the first time I work without plane pics. My goal was to do I-15 painted as they were before WWII with AII alu and AE-9...

If there is an important pic for me, it's that one:

in mine magazine, the tail didn't appear, so I had not the code number; otherwise I would have done the "red 3" surely.
So was this I-15 bis I done the D. Gusarov's one or not? However, my model is quite representative of an I-15 bis in the begining of Kalkin gol war.
Do you agree with me?

in the same kind of idea, I will represent the plane with adhesiv tape in the tail, because it can also be representativ of the I-15bis in this period...

In my way to see modeling, we can make choice with insured things, but it have always to make sens and those choices have to be the fruit of an investigation...
hope you agree with me ...

Xan

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8
  Print  

Jump to: