Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /membri/massimotessitori/sovietwarplanes/board/Sources/Load.php(225) : runtime-created function on line 3
I-15 Chato & La-5FN 1/48
Sovietwarplanes
March 28, 2024, 08:13:48 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: This forum replaces the old sovietwarplanes.com whose domain has expired in January 2017. It has been updated with the posts of the year 2016.
The new location of the site 'Sovietwarplanes pages' is at http://massimotessitori.altervista.org/sovietwarplanes/pages/

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: I-15 Chato & La-5FN 1/48  (Read 10274 times)
steph40

« on: June 03, 2011, 06:43:41 PM »

Hello,

Here are 2 of my models regarding Soviet fighters. The first is the the Special hobby 1/48 Polikarpov I-15 "Chato" to depict the aircraft flown by Spanish Ace Juan Lario Sanchez from segunda Escuadrilla de Caza (FARE) early in 1938.

The second is the Zvezda 1/48 La-5FN to depict the one flown by Kirill. A. Evstigneev from Falls 1943 to Spring 1944.

Hope you'll like, best regards
St?ph

1/48 aircraft of the Aces
learstang

« Reply #1 on: June 04, 2011, 01:01:43 AM »

Very nice work, Steph!  Do you have any Shturmoviks? Smiley

Regards,

Jason
« Last Edit: June 08, 2011, 03:39:32 AM by learstang » Logged

"I'll sleep when I'm dead."

- Warren William Zevon
John Thompson
Global Moderator

« Reply #2 on: June 04, 2011, 02:38:06 AM »

Well done, Steph! I really like the weathering on the La-5FN, especially the metal sheets behind the exhaust outlets and the landing gear. It looks just right - not too heavy!

John
Kukuruznik

« Reply #3 on: June 07, 2011, 09:43:56 PM »

Very nice work!

I am especially impressed by your work on the Polikarpov. I have built the same kit, and I know the amount of sweat and abuse it takes to get something this good-looking!

Regards,
Peter
steph40

« Reply #4 on: June 11, 2011, 07:45:08 PM »

Hello,

Thank you for your comments  Smiley
Peter, yes, lot of work (and putty  Cheesy ) to build the I-15. But, finally, it's a beautiful model which is well worth a little sweat... (sorry for my poor English language).

Still thank you, regards
St?ph

Seawinder

« Reply #5 on: December 14, 2011, 06:49:50 AM »

Very nice work, Steph.
I'm nearing completion of the Special Hobby I-15 as well, except I'm doing it in 1936 VVS colors/markings. One question: I notice you drilled out the nine holes in the engine faceplate. I was trying to decide whether or not to do the same with mine, but I couldn't be sure from photos if they were in fact always open. Do you or anyone else know for sure about this? Also, what did you use for the fairings at the ends of the rigging wires?

Pip Moss
steph40

« Reply #6 on: February 13, 2012, 12:32:26 PM »

Very nice work, Steph.
I'm nearing completion of the Special Hobby I-15 as well, except I'm doing it in 1936 VVS colors/markings. One question: I notice you drilled out the nine holes in the engine faceplate. I was trying to decide whether or not to do the same with mine, but I couldn't be sure from photos if they were in fact always open. Do you or anyone else know for sure about this? Also, what did you use for the fairings at the ends of the rigging wires?

Pip Moss

Hello,
Thank you for your comment. I'm not sure if the engine faceplate is always open... On some photos it's open and some others it's closed...
I used insulation of electric wires to make the ends of the rigging wires.

Steph.

xan

« Reply #7 on: June 21, 2012, 11:00:47 AM »

Salut Steph,
I discover your two models.
Both of them are wonderfull!
I have the I-15 and ajusting the upper wing and the fuselage , I was scare , so the kit is in tha bax (for a long time I think)
how did you do the weathering ? with a dry brush or tamiya masks ?
your lavochkine is very pretty too,
congratulations!

Xan
« Last Edit: June 21, 2012, 11:02:36 AM by xan » Logged

B_Realistic

« Reply #8 on: June 29, 2012, 02:44:11 PM »

Steph,

I like them.
Good work.
The ribs on the Chato are well represented.
I also got the same one in my stash for years but seeing the end result it ends up merely in the top now.
I like the result what you did on the exhaust plate of the La-5FN.

Michel
« Last Edit: June 29, 2012, 02:49:35 PM by B_Realistic » Logged
steph40

« Reply #9 on: July 06, 2012, 05:29:55 PM »

Hello Xan & Michel,

Thank you for your nice comments  Smiley
I enjoyed to build the I-15, but, regarding the upper wing and fuselage, it was a delicate job but not impossible  Grin
I did weathering with dry brush.

Cheers
St?ph

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: