Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /membri/massimotessitori/sovietwarplanes/board/Sources/Load.php(225) : runtime-created function on line 3
Captured Bf-109F,Hasegawa 1/48
Sovietwarplanes
March 28, 2024, 03:12:49 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: This forum replaces the old sovietwarplanes.com whose domain has expired in January 2017. It has been updated with the posts of the year 2016.
The new location of the site 'Sovietwarplanes pages' is at http://massimotessitori.altervista.org/sovietwarplanes/pages/

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2 3
  Print  
Author Topic: Captured Bf-109F,Hasegawa 1/48  (Read 25426 times)
marluc

« on: June 13, 2011, 06:02:02 PM »

Hello:

This is a project I?ve started a year ago,I?ll finish the 1/48 Hasegawa Bf-109F in the markings of the Messerscmitt bellow:

This was Bf-109 F-2 WNr 9692 ?Black 16? flown by Oblt. Anton Nieb,Stafellkapitan of 8./JG51,that was forced down after suffering damage to its cooling system on 22 February,1942.I was repaired and tested by the TsAGI. (Source ?The Messerscmitt Bf-109,Part 2:?F? to ?K? variants?;Modellers Datafile 10,SAM Publications)
Quoting another source,on 22 February 1942 Ober-Lieutnant A. Niss, commander of the JG51 Squadron's 8th Detachment, got lost and was fired on from a machine gun near Tushino Airfield. His radiator and fuel tank were damaged and the German officer was forced to land within Soviet troop unit positions.Captured by Red Army soldiers, the fighter was quickly restored by technical personnel from the 47th Aviation Division based in Tushino, but the first flight of the captured Messerschmitt ended in a crash landing. The right undercarriage leg and wing tip were broken. The machine had to undergo one more repair (this time by a TsAGI team) and then Me 109F No. 9209 was handed over to the Air Forces Scientific Research Institute for comprehensive testing. Engineer-Captain A. S. Rozanov, one of the institute's foremost experts on German aircraft, accepted the bird.

The paint scheme was discussed here: http://sovietwarplanes.com/board/index.php?topic=828.0

As it is not a soviet plane I won?t show the building process.I?ve detailed the cockpit interior,landing gears and separated the tail control surfaces.

The paintjob started:

For the underside I used Humbrol H89 as recommended by Massimo,but mixed with a few drops of H65.

The rudder is in Humbrol H80.
Hope you like,comments are very welcomed.Greetings.

Martin

« Last Edit: August 13, 2011, 09:04:38 PM by marluc » Logged
Massimo Tessitori
Administrator

« Reply #1 on: June 13, 2011, 06:24:56 PM »

Hi Martin,
it looks to grow up well. A yellow rudder... will you let some yellow transpare through the layer of green?
Regards
Massimo
John Thompson
Global Moderator

« Reply #2 on: June 13, 2011, 09:57:26 PM »

Well, at least it has red stars on it - that always makes a Bf-109 look better! Wink Nice work on the cockpit, and the preshading on the undersides looks just right! I notice too that you have a very neat jig for holding the model while painting it - looks like something that could be made from leftover sprues. Another project!

Cheers;
John
learstang

« Reply #3 on: June 13, 2011, 11:14:04 PM »

Very nice work, Martin!  That reminds me that I'd like to do the FW-190 that was re-engined with an ASh-82FN.

Regards,

Jason

"I'll sleep when I'm dead."

- Warren William Zevon
marluc

« Reply #4 on: June 13, 2011, 11:39:15 PM »

Massimo,John and Jason,thanks for your very kind words.

A yellow rudder... will you let some yellow transpare through the layer of green?
I would like to make the underlying german paint scheme and markings show through the new paint,but I prefer to make it simple due to a lack of free time,it will be just the light blue/green and red stars.

John,it?s the first time I make a preshading,I used the H89 with a few drops of dark grey over a first layer of H89.The jig is a (not exact) copy of one I saw in a forum.

Quote from: learstang
That reminds me that I'd like to do the FW-190 that was re-engined with an ASh-82FN.
Very interesting!!!! Was it actually done? I saw a resin conversion in 1/48 and thought it was for a "what if".

Greetings.

Martin
marluc

« Reply #5 on: June 15, 2011, 01:31:14 AM »

I?ve edited the first message with the historical background of the Bf-109F.Greetings.

Martin
learstang

« Reply #6 on: June 15, 2011, 06:58:39 PM »

Quote from: learstang
That reminds me that I'd like to do the FW-190 that was re-engined with an ASh-82FN.
Very interesting!!!! Was it actually done? I saw a resin conversion in 1/48 and thought it was for a "what if".

Greetings.

Martin

Martin, yes, it was apparently done.  I'll try and find some profiles and preferably actual photographs of the converted aircraft.  I didn't realise someone had done a conversion set in 1/48th scale.  I suppose it wouldn't be too difficult to do the conversion in 1/72nd scale (famous last words!).

Regards,

Jason

- Warren William Zevon
marluc

« Reply #7 on: December 26, 2012, 04:18:14 PM »

Hello.

I?ve been working on this Bf-109 from time to time,and I?m not very pleased with it.

The colors are green Humbrol Hu80 and light blue Hu89,with preshading in light and dark colours.Decals are on and panel lines has a wash of oil paint.During handling,one of the radiator flaps was broken but it was glued in its place after the photo was taken.One note regarding the decals,they are from the set of CAM,"Soviet/Russian Insignia Part 1" and they are off register,something you notice once they are on the plane.You can see a thin white line on one side of the red stars,and I was not able to replace them,it?s very frustating...

Landing gear leg and propeller.

Comments are very welcomed,greetings.

Martin
Massimo Tessitori
Administrator

« Reply #8 on: December 26, 2012, 05:05:02 PM »

Hi Martin,
it's a nice model anyway.
I'm wondering how can be done for the white line on the stars. Maybe a retouch with thinned red by brush to make them less visible?
Regards
Massimo
Walker

« Reply #9 on: December 27, 2012, 12:03:35 AM »

Well, what would you say about this photo?

learstang

« Reply #10 on: December 27, 2012, 01:14:21 AM »

The rear fuselage is obviously repainted, probably in AMT-4(?), with plain red stars.  I would suppose that the underwing crosses were overpainted in AMT-7, but it's hard to tell about the topsides markings.

Regards,

Jason

- Warren William Zevon
JP
Administrator

« Reply #11 on: December 27, 2012, 05:37:38 AM »

A VERY interesting image.  I think I see the point of a star on the top of the near wing.
Massimo Tessitori
Administrator

« Reply #12 on: December 27, 2012, 08:41:41 AM »

I suppose they have repainted the yellow parts too.
Regards
Massimo
B_Realistic

« Reply #13 on: December 27, 2012, 09:22:20 AM »

Well, what would you say about this photo?

That's nice. Cheesy
B_Realistic

« Reply #14 on: December 27, 2012, 09:25:04 AM »

A VERY interesting image.  I think I see the point of a star on the top of the near wing.

JP,

unless I've got not so good eyes as you where do you see this? Huh

Michel
Pages: [1] 2 3
  Print  

Jump to: