Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /membri/massimotessitori/sovietwarplanes/board/Sources/Load.php(225) : runtime-created function on line 3

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /membri/massimotessitori/sovietwarplanes/board/Sources/Load.php(225) : runtime-created function on line 3
Il-2 question? Answered!
Sovietwarplanes
March 28, 2024, 07:47:40 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: This forum replaces the old sovietwarplanes.com whose domain has expired in January 2017. It has been updated with the posts of the year 2016.
The new location of the site 'Sovietwarplanes pages' is at http://massimotessitori.altervista.org/sovietwarplanes/pages/

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 [3]
  Print  
Author Topic: Il-2 question? Answered!  (Read 2251 times)
righidan

« Reply #30 on: January 25, 2024, 09:45:39 AM »

Dear friends,
   Thanks to Massimo courtesy, you can access a new pdf from Prof. Rodionov about the Il-2 bis prototype.
   It has a canopy that is completely different from the production two seaters, and it has a quite interesting story.
   It also has a peculiar wing configuration with wooden outer wings, but with metal panels above the weapons, and as long as I know, it is the first time that it is illustrated with scale drawings.
   I thought that such a combination was rare, but I learned from prof. Rodionov that it was used by zavod 1 during the whole period of Il-2 production both for normal and arrow type wings until the middle of 1944.
   The Il-2 Bis was made in 1942, and the wreck that has been recovered from Lake Balaton was produced in 1944.
   From middle 1944 zavod 1 produced all-metal arrow type wings, like the airplane in the Aeronautical Museum Belgrade.
    Moreover he has seen the wing console of zavod 1 type among the set of plant drawings of zavod 30.
   It means zavod 30 also used it though we could not say when and how much, because Zavod 30 from the very beginning in 1942 produced full-wood wing consoles including those for the Il-2 with NS-37 canons and arrow-type wings.
   It too from the middle of 1944 produced all-metal arrow-type wings like the plane in the Prague museum.
    Therefore, these 37 much-illustrated pages have a relevance not only for this prototype, and I hope that you will enjoy them.
Regards
Daniele

Daniele
righidan

« Reply #31 on: February 11, 2024, 04:03:42 PM »

Dear friends,
   It seems that good news for Il-2 lovers are in full swing.
   It has just been published the February issue of M-Hobby, with an article of Prof. Rodionov with drawings by Mr. Trufanov of a series 11 airplane of zavod 18, the one recuperated from Lake Ilmen.
   You can find an image of the underside at the address: https://zeughaus.ru/zhurnal-m-khobbi-2-2024/
   Other sites, like at https://www.ozon.ru/product/zhurnal-m-hobbi-2-2024-kollektiv-avtorov-1412334551/ also have the image of page 48, showing side views.
   I must say that the magazine has misprinted one of the drawings, and if you know the Il-2, you can study this page 48, and tell what the misprint has been!
Regards
Daniele

Daniele
Pages: 1 2 [3]
  Print  

Jump to: