Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /membri/massimotessitori/sovietwarplanes/board/Sources/Load.php(225) : runtime-created function on line 3
Some Questions About Accurate Miniatures IL-2m Type 3 in Polish Service !
Sovietwarplanes
March 28, 2024, 04:06:56 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: This forum replaces the old sovietwarplanes.com whose domain has expired in January 2017. It has been updated with the posts of the year 2016.
The new location of the site 'Sovietwarplanes pages' is at http://massimotessitori.altervista.org/sovietwarplanes/pages/

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Some Questions About Accurate Miniatures IL-2m Type 3 in Polish Service !  (Read 6978 times)
RATA

« on: June 11, 2006, 05:34:46 AM »

Hi Guys,
I recently received one of these in a trade and have a few questions. I also have Aeromasters decal sheet #48-199 Shturmoviks Pt 1.

I would like to model it as the Polish Option as depicted on the aeromaster sheet.Here is a link to the aircraft in question...

http://www.eaglestrikeproductions.com/cgi-bin/amddecals.pl?scale=48&setid=199&dbs=aeromaster&pgs=2&currpg=2&dclimg=ad48199&prfx=

My questions are..

(1)I have heard that the kit represent a (late) IL-2m with the swept back metal wings , is this correct?

(2)What corrections or additions need to be done to the kit to represent the Polish aircraft Aeromaster depicts ?

Thanks for any help in this matter.

best regards
JOEY
Dark Green Man

« Reply #1 on: June 11, 2006, 11:37:01 PM »

(1)I have heard that the kit represent a (late) IL-2m with the swept back metal wings , is this correct?

(2)What corrections or additions need to be done to the kit to represent the Polish aircraft Aeromaster depicts ?

there are only two proper designations for the Il-2... Il-2 and Il-2KR
KR stands for corrective reconnaissance (artillery correction)
so unless you are building one of those it is just 'Il-2'
kit #3407 depicts the swept metal wings, if you want straight wings you have two options...
1)buy a single-seater (3408 or 3409) and steal the wings.
(these are early straight metal wings)
2)Kendall Model Company created resin replacement wings for these kits but they are kind of hard to find.

I have been able to find a handfull of the single-seater (with skis) on ebay for less money than the other versions.
the ski version has the wheels, so don't let that stop you from buying it.

I have not seen a photo of that particular machine so I can not say if it had straight wood wings or swept wood wings or the swept metal wings the kit represents.

"when we lose the right to be different, we lose the priviledge to be free"--Charles Evans Hughes
Marcin Widomski

« Reply #2 on: June 12, 2006, 12:49:45 AM »

I also couldn't find a photo of this machine so I can't help.
Polish regiements during WWII used only Il-2s with straight wing.
ACs with swept back metal wings (so called Il-2m3 or production model 1943) were delivered to Polish AF after WWII.
RATA

« Reply #3 on: June 13, 2006, 04:00:41 AM »

Thanks Guys !
Ioaea

« Reply #4 on: June 17, 2006, 12:25:48 PM »

there are only two proper designations for the Il-2... Il-2 and Il-2KRm KR stands for corrective reconnaissance (artillery correction)
so unless you are building one of those it is just 'Il-2'

Right. Sorry to derail slightly, but did this self-same classification extend to the Il-10? Some game modding forum elsewhere was insisting that there was an Il-10M etc.  If anyone could clarify this, it'd be appreciated. Ta.
Massimo Tessitori
Administrator

« Reply #5 on: June 17, 2006, 10:23:24 PM »

Hi Ioaea. Smiley
Il-10M is larger than Il-10 and is easily distinguishable for a fin under the tail. I've a good scale drawing if you want to do a conversion.
Massimo
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: