Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /membri/massimotessitori/sovietwarplanes/board/Sources/Load.php(225) : runtime-created function on line 3

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /membri/massimotessitori/sovietwarplanes/board/Sources/Load.php(225) : runtime-created function on line 3
I-16 white "96" queries
Sovietwarplanes
March 29, 2024, 08:28:34 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: This forum replaces the old sovietwarplanes.com whose domain has expired in January 2017. It has been updated with the posts of the year 2016.
The new location of the site 'Sovietwarplanes pages' is at http://massimotessitori.altervista.org/sovietwarplanes/pages/

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: I-16 white "96" queries  (Read 4284 times)
warhawk

« on: December 29, 2011, 03:15:23 PM »

I have some questions on this particular I-16.
First - the upper cammo color. As I understood from the newest research, there was never AII Dark Green or Factory Green.
Also, the standard upper color is supposed to be AII Green for this period...

(first photo from Pilawski's SAFFC book, second from I-16 evolution page on sovietwarplanes)

But color on these machines just seems too dark for AII green...
How can it be the same color as, for example, this green...

Second question: judging by the cannons, this is a type 28, right?

Third, how come "96" doesn't have a tail star, while other machines do?
« Last Edit: December 29, 2011, 03:22:36 PM by warhawk » Logged
Massimo Tessitori
Administrator

« Reply #1 on: December 29, 2011, 05:40:49 PM »

Hi Warhawk,
plane n.96 seems a type 17 because of the absence of the door on the right side and because of its spinner. N.12 is a later model.
About the star on the tail: I think that they simply forgot to paint it after the war outbreak. It is not the only case.
For the plane of the third photo: it comes fom a line of 20-30 planes painted in the very same way in 1943. I think that they all were completely repainted.
Regards
Massimo
warhawk

« Reply #2 on: December 29, 2011, 07:56:33 PM »

I think that photos 1 and 2 show completely different machines...
I found another photo of first plane in Red Star vol.3 book, clearly it's a type 28 with starboard door closed (photo is of poor quality to show it)

Massimo Tessitori
Administrator

« Reply #3 on: December 29, 2011, 08:42:26 PM »

Hi Warhawk,
I see, the spinner looks different. Strange, it looked identical in all the other points.
I see that position and size of the stars change from plane to plane of the line, only the style of the numbers remains the same.
Regards
Massimo
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: