Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /membri/massimotessitori/sovietwarplanes/board/Sources/Load.php(225) : runtime-created function on line 3
I-16 in a road side in the south front 21SAD
Sovietwarplanes
March 28, 2024, 06:40:59 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: This forum replaces the old sovietwarplanes.com whose domain has expired in January 2017. It has been updated with the posts of the year 2016.
The new location of the site 'Sovietwarplanes pages' is at http://massimotessitori.altervista.org/sovietwarplanes/pages/

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: I-16 in a road side in the south front 21SAD  (Read 8236 times)
xan

« on: June 20, 2011, 07:51:26 PM »

well I spoke about this plane:

I find two other pics in scale models .ru:

We can see the guns, I imagine it's a type 17.
Does someone knox where and when are taken those pics?
Any informations about the plane or the regiment ?

in the fist pic, in the fuselage the plane have a strange draw instead of the red star. Does any one have an Idea of what it can be ?

Xan
« Last Edit: June 22, 2011, 09:07:06 AM by xan » Logged

xan

« Reply #1 on: June 21, 2011, 03:50:00 PM »

I ask for information in scale models ru.
The plane is not identificated surely in the south front because of the way put the code in the tail
I get new pics:

« Last Edit: January 03, 2012, 10:08:53 AM by xan » Logged

Massimo Tessitori
Administrator

« Reply #2 on: June 21, 2011, 10:33:22 PM »

Hi Xan,
I can't see the photos.
Regards
Massimo
learstang

« Reply #3 on: June 21, 2011, 11:10:42 PM »

I can't either, Xan.

Regards,

Jason

"I'll sleep when I'm dead."

- Warren William Zevon
xan

« Reply #4 on: June 22, 2011, 12:00:42 AM »

Sorry, it doesn't work in hot link...
Xan

John Thompson
Global Moderator

« Reply #5 on: June 23, 2011, 01:53:39 AM »

More:

John
xan

« Reply #6 on: January 03, 2012, 04:26:04 PM »

Hi , and happy new year to all of you!

loocking at this pic, I don't see a red star i, the fuselage but a strange symbol, who could be a propeller blade...

what do you think about please?

Xan

John Thompson
Global Moderator

« Reply #7 on: January 04, 2012, 03:53:13 PM »

Hi , and happy new year to all of you!

loocking at this pic, I don't see a red star i, the fuselage but a strange symbol, who could be a propeller blade...

what do you think about please?

Xan

Hi xan! Happy New Year to you, too! Personally, I think it's just a damaged area, possibly caused by a souvenir-hunter trying to peel the surface layer off to get the red star as a war trophy. even though I can't see any sign of the remains of the star. Or maybe it's a continuation of the damage caused by the large hole right below that area.

Something unrelated which I find interesting is the details visible on the left landing gear wheel - it has a pattern of 8 holes which I've never noticed on an I-16 before. Maybe there's a cover plate missing - I see a hole in the centre where the wheel bearing would be, which should be covered somehow to keep dirt from damaging the bearing.

John
K.Ingraham

« Reply #8 on: January 07, 2012, 11:02:19 AM »

Now with that relatively comprehensive set of photos (rare we get views of both sides, especially 1941), I challenge someone to do a dio of that scene.

Especially you John (?) - doing that with the SH I-16 kit should keep you busy until the next VVS subject appears in 32d.  Grin
Massimo Tessitori
Administrator

« Reply #9 on: January 07, 2012, 02:02:51 PM »

Hi,

the red star is not visible, but the hole made on the fuselage has just the shape of a star.

I think that the white drawing was a bomb or something similar traced by chalk by Germans on the red star. Then the wreck was repeatedly vandalized by souvenir hunters.

Something unrelated which I find interesting is the details visible on the left landing gear wheel - it has a pattern of 8 holes which I've never noticed on an I-16 before
Really!

Regards
Massimo
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: