Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /membri/massimotessitori/sovietwarplanes/board/Sources/Load.php(225) : runtime-created function on line 3

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /membri/massimotessitori/sovietwarplanes/board/Sources/Load.php(225) : runtime-created function on line 3
Yak-2/4 radiators
Sovietwarplanes
March 29, 2024, 01:23:22 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: This forum replaces the old sovietwarplanes.com whose domain has expired in January 2017. It has been updated with the posts of the year 2016.
The new location of the site 'Sovietwarplanes pages' is at http://massimotessitori.altervista.org/sovietwarplanes/pages/

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Yak-2/4 radiators  (Read 3512 times)
warhawk

« on: September 03, 2011, 09:10:19 PM »

If the radiator was moved to the front of the engines of the Yak-4, why were the inlets on the back side of the engines retained? Also, were there radiator covers on the very end of the Yak-4 nacelles that could be opened (Like on Yak-2)?
Massimo Tessitori
Administrator

« Reply #1 on: September 03, 2011, 10:22:28 PM »

Hi,
the front cooler of the Yak-4 is for oil only, its installation on that position replaced some small intakes on the engine sides of the Yak-2.
The back radiator is for water, and it is almost unchanged between Yak-2 and 4.
Regards
Massimo
warhawk

« Reply #2 on: September 04, 2011, 09:03:25 PM »

Thanks for the clarification.

I have just recently begun to have interest in this machine, so I'm doing my research so I could make up my mind whether to buy Amodel's Yak-2 or Yak-4 (don't wanna buy both, since it's Amodel after all...)
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: