Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /membri/massimotessitori/sovietwarplanes/board/Sources/Load.php(225) : runtime-created function on line 3
color photos of MiG-3
Sovietwarplanes
March 29, 2024, 04:10:14 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: This forum replaces the old sovietwarplanes.com whose domain has expired in January 2017. It has been updated with the posts of the year 2016.
The new location of the site 'Sovietwarplanes pages' is at http://massimotessitori.altervista.org/sovietwarplanes/pages/

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: color photos of MiG-3  (Read 4946 times)
Massimo Tessitori
Administrator

« on: August 08, 2011, 09:39:15 AM »

Hi,
here is a link to three wartime color photos of MiG-3.
Regards
Massimo
http://scalemodels.ru/modules/forum/viewtopic_t_6048_start_340.html
John Thompson
Global Moderator

« Reply #1 on: August 13, 2011, 10:53:08 PM »

Oops - duh!  Embarrassed I didn't see this thread before I posted the thumbnails in the "MiG-3 Camouflage & Markings Discussion" thread - sorry!

John
John Thompson
Global Moderator

« Reply #2 on: August 13, 2011, 11:02:32 PM »

Oops - duh!  Embarrassed I didn't see this thread before I posted the thumbnails in the "MiG-3 Camouflage & Markings Discussion" thread - sorry!

John

...so I deleted my post from the other thread, and reposted the thumbnails here:

John
Massimo Tessitori
Administrator

« Reply #3 on: August 14, 2011, 07:16:13 AM »

Hi John,
perhaps I should have utilized the old thread, sorry.
I wonder if the turquoise shade of the skies of so many of these color photos results from some colorizing. They are difficult to correct with the global histruments of Photoshop without contouring, the ground is nearly more reddish than the stars...
However, the photo seems to confirm that the inside of engine cowling panels was green, appearing darker than the outside perhaps because preserved from the sun exposure.
Regards
Massimo
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: