Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /membri/massimotessitori/sovietwarplanes/board/Sources/Load.php(225) : runtime-created function on line 3
Lavrinenkov's La-7, 9 GIAP
Sovietwarplanes
March 29, 2024, 03:16:47 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: This forum replaces the old sovietwarplanes.com whose domain has expired in January 2017. It has been updated with the posts of the year 2016.
The new location of the site 'Sovietwarplanes pages' is at http://massimotessitori.altervista.org/sovietwarplanes/pages/

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2] 3
  Print  
Author Topic: Lavrinenkov's La-7, 9 GIAP  (Read 29736 times)
KL

« Reply #15 on: August 13, 2011, 08:44:00 AM »

Does it give any temporal goal for the overall light grey livery (AMT-16 I think)?

In July 1946 VVS requested from factories to paint all metal planes with matt laquers made after the new gray-light blue standards.  Such single tone AMT-11 scheme was used on first La-9 series.

New gray paints AMT-16, AGT-16, A-36g, PF-36m and PF-36g were put in test production in May 1947. Technical specifications for them appeared in the second half of 1947.

Aug 11, 1947 MAP (former NKAP) directive requested from La-9 producers to swich to glossy gray oil paint A-36g.

Hope this helps.  Smiley

Cheers,
KL  
« Last Edit: August 13, 2011, 08:46:56 AM by KL » Logged
Massimo Tessitori
Administrator

« Reply #16 on: August 13, 2011, 09:42:02 AM »

Thank you Konstantin
Massimo
John Thompson
Global Moderator

« Reply #17 on: August 13, 2011, 06:17:16 PM »

Hi
In 1948 according to Orlov in Aviakollektsiya La-9 and Aviakollektsiya La-11 issues
Does it give any temporal goal for the overall light grey livery (AMT-16 I think)?
Regards
Massimo

AMT-16 or A-36?

John
John Thompson
Global Moderator

« Reply #18 on: August 13, 2011, 06:56:00 PM »

Thank you, Massimo, I'll look for the Eastern Express copy.  I have a model I made out of the KP kit many years ago; the main fault I had with the kit was the shape of the canopy which didn't look right at all.  It's a sad comment on the state of VVS modelling when the best kit in 1/72nd scale of one of the best fighters of the war may be the copy of an old Frog kit.  Then again, look at the I-153.  At least with this, we'll hopefully have a decent kit from ICM by the end of the year.  Maybe instead of cranking out another sodding Spitfire (which does happens to be one of my favourite aeroplanes, but do we really need another early version of it?) or Bf-109 (if I see another new kit of an "Emil" in any scale, I think my head will explode), the Western manufacturers will look to the potentially huge market for VVS subjects in Eastern Europe.  Then again, why, when they can come out with whatever the current version of the F-16 is (I believe it's the F-16CJXKE Block 328Z with the new "Doorahk" electronics suite).

Regards,

Jason

Huh I hope I've stumbled in here in time to save you wasting your time and money - in a word, DON'T. Unfortunately when I went to look in my La-7 storage box for my example of the Frog/EE La-7, it wasn't there (maybe I palmed it off on some unsuspecting Junior Forest Ranger already). I just don't see why anyone would consider this sick old puppy instead of the very modern Eduard kit, unless you feel a need to fit yourself up with a hair shirt or to do what some call "practice bleeding". I don't know offhand of a detailed online build review of the Eduard La-7 (if anyone else does, please post a link) itemizing its faults, but the only one I can think of quickly is that the spinner is oddly shaped. For this you can either rework the kit one, take a better one from another kit (Cooperativa LaG-5, for example), or buy the corrected resin spinner which is available from SBS:
http://www.modelimex.com/1-72-la-7-spinner-edu

To give you something to work from, scans from the MBI La-7 monograph, including scale drawings, are here:
http://www.airwar.ru/other/draw/la7mbi.html

I thought this might be helpful, but all of the images are gone:
http://sovietwarplanes.com/board/index.php?topic=272.0

At the time, I did save the images (all 27 of them!) myself, so I could post a few if you want. If so, be prepared for shock and awe - it's a typical Czech super-super-detailed mega-masterpiece...  Shocked

John
learstang

« Reply #19 on: August 13, 2011, 07:03:19 PM »

Thank you very much for the info and links, John!  I haven't bought the La-7 kit yet, so your post comes at a very opportune time (I'm still trying to complete my P-39; to do it as Rechkalov's, Pokryshkin's, or Ahmet-Khan's - that's the question - if I do it as Sultan Ahmet-Khan's, then it would go with the La-7).

Best Regards,

Jason

"I'll sleep when I'm dead."

- Warren William Zevon
Massimo Tessitori
Administrator

« Reply #20 on: August 13, 2011, 09:46:41 PM »

Hi John,
perhaps A-36g, they were all metal planes.
Who knows on what planes was AMT-16 utilized? Yak-11?
Regards
Massimo
Massimo Tessitori
Administrator

« Reply #21 on: August 13, 2011, 09:52:33 PM »

Hi John,
to tell the truth, I think that the drawings of MBI, and all the models made on those drawings, have a canopy too pushed on the fuselage. Perhaps it can be corrected with the addition of some plastic to make the canopy more protruding. However, it's the best model of La-7 all the same.
Regards
Massimo
Pascal

« Reply #22 on: August 13, 2011, 10:27:01 PM »

Honestly, I would forget Eduard?s profile from the beginning of the tread!

Thank you for your answer, it is very clear : my La-7 will have a two-tone camouflage on upper surface, include the nose, the spinner will be red, and maybe the arrow too. But I prefer the white arrow...

The profile I showed in the beginning is not Eduard's but an extract from the Osprey book about the Lavochkin aces. Eduard's one is accurate with your specifications except for the red nose.

I did like the all light grey camouflage, too bad ! So I'll be looking for a La-9... Wink

Thanks to all of you,

Pascal
« Last Edit: August 14, 2011, 06:57:10 PM by Pascal » Logged

Troy Smith

« Reply #23 on: September 01, 2011, 05:28:10 AM »

I did like the all light grey camouflage, too bad ! So I'll be looking for a La-9... Wink
Pascal

Pascal

you could have all dark grey grey uppers...

This  looks like single upper colour on these La-7's, AMT12,  with I presume red nose and rudder tabs?  A (looks same colour as stars) A little blurred but the La-7 badges and cowl bands are visible.
Dated April 1945.

For more on La-7 see  http://sovietwarplanes.com/board/index.php?topic=818.msg4801#msg4801

HTH
T
Pascal

« Reply #24 on: September 01, 2011, 10:01:19 AM »

Thanks, Troy ! I've seen this thread and it's interesting... Wink

Pascal

Pascal

« Reply #25 on: June 10, 2012, 11:11:17 PM »

Hi everybody!

I want to show you my La-7, after such many months...

I finally decided to paint the cowling ring in red, because I guess it is a possible thing, and I like it. Wink The paints are all Akan, and I like them too.

Regards,

Pascal
« Last Edit: June 13, 2012, 12:17:30 AM by Pascal » Logged

learstang

« Reply #26 on: June 11, 2012, 04:12:24 AM »

Very nice, Pascal!  It looks good with the red cowling ring.

Regards,

Jason

- Warren William Zevon
Pascal

« Reply #27 on: June 15, 2012, 10:29:00 AM »

Thank you, Jason!

Here are three other pics, in day light:

It looks good, isn't?

Pascal

Massimo Tessitori
Administrator

« Reply #28 on: June 15, 2012, 11:44:00 AM »

Hi Pascal,
really a nice model.
Regards
Massimo
learstang

« Reply #29 on: June 15, 2012, 05:40:31 PM »

You're welcome, Pascal, it looks great in natural light!  The colours don't look so blueish.

Regards,

Jason

- Warren William Zevon
Pages: 1 [2] 3
  Print  

Jump to: