Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /membri/massimotessitori/sovietwarplanes/board/Sources/Load.php(225) : runtime-created function on line 3
Zvezda 1/144 VVS GPW kits
Sovietwarplanes
March 29, 2024, 03:04:16 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: This forum replaces the old sovietwarplanes.com whose domain has expired in January 2017. It has been updated with the posts of the year 2016.
The new location of the site 'Sovietwarplanes pages' is at http://massimotessitori.altervista.org/sovietwarplanes/pages/

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Zvezda 1/144 VVS GPW kits  (Read 2720 times)
TISO

« on: August 11, 2011, 09:08:50 PM »

I got me Il-2 and LaGG-3 in this micro scale. Both are wargaming klip-klap kits (no glue required) for their new bord wargame series. With kit you get a stand and a wargaming card with it. I'm not a wargamer but i just coudn't ressist the temptation (there is no such thing as to many Il's or LaGG's) plus i have a wager on with a friend on small kit detailing. Tongue

On closer inspection kits have potential. Il-2 is a single seater and LaGG-3 is early series bird with ShKAS bulges. Il-2 doesn't have any panel lines except control surfaces. LaGG-3 does have reiforcing strips on the wings and heat shields after exhausts in addition to control surfaces but that is it. Fuselages are one piece affair same as wings. Kokpits (and all other orifices like intakes etc.) have to be drilled out and canopies sqashed anew. U/C can be positioned in down or up position. U/C bays on LaGG are rather good but on Il-2 they have to be drilled out. Propelers are quite thin and thus fragile and are problematic to work with (cleaning up the spinner without breakeing the blades off). Decals consist of white bordered stars and generic series of numbers so they are more or less unusable.

I already drilled out cockpit hole on Il-2 and corrected the upper cooler intake. OK I don't know why i did it (reflex probably) becouse I have no idea how i'll manage to "detail" the cockpit but at least they are not expensive (2,75GBP by Hannants) so i will get me a new one if i mess up. I kind a like this two.
« Last Edit: August 11, 2011, 09:13:41 PM by TISO » Logged

Disciple of Error
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: