Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /membri/massimotessitori/sovietwarplanes/board/Sources/Load.php(225) : runtime-created function on line 3
New front page and some small works on line
Sovietwarplanes
March 28, 2024, 12:35:01 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: This forum replaces the old sovietwarplanes.com whose domain has expired in January 2017. It has been updated with the posts of the year 2016.
The new location of the site 'Sovietwarplanes pages' is at http://massimotessitori.altervista.org/sovietwarplanes/pages/

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  
Author Topic: New front page and some small works on line  (Read 12210 times)
Massimo Tessitori
Administrator

« on: August 20, 2011, 02:13:09 PM »

Hi,
I've made a new front page to include many new types on which I have collected something.

http://mig3.sovietwarplanes.com/index.html
In many cases, the pages are derived from that on the general painting of Soviet planes that was becoming too wide.
Many pages are still on work, but could have something interesting all the same.
For the pages on Tu-2 and Pe-2 in particular, I think to add the conclusion that all that light paint mysteriously fallen on them is blue-grey in 1945.
The page on Yer-2 let me doubts because of the strangeness of the painting and the scarcity of documents. I suppose I'll modify the templates in a more angular form.
Please, let me know any comment.
Regards
Massimo
warhawk

« Reply #1 on: August 20, 2011, 09:33:42 PM »

Sweet... my favourite VVS bomber finally got a deserved place on this magnificent resource site!  Cool
To bee honest, I am amazed by the speed of the color research expansion these days, Massimo!

I would like to remind you of an article I have translated from Aviakollekciya book (if you haven't used it already...)

http://sovietwarplanes.com/board/index.php?topic=718.0

I think to add the conclusion that all that light paint mysteriously fallen on them is blue-grey in 1945

Interesting to see AMT11/12 scheme not being mentioned for these birds...

« Last Edit: September 08, 2011, 10:41:37 AM by warhawk » Logged
Massimo Tessitori
Administrator

« Reply #2 on: August 20, 2011, 10:12:24 PM »

Hi Aleksandar,
I've that article still on my hard disk, I didn't remember it.
Well, it's interesting, no doubt. Only one has to connect the descriptions of colors to the photos to which are referred.
At present time I didn't see planes identical to the templates, and grey-grey profiles have not found a photographic proof, but I've seen some with an high-contrast (apparently)bicromatic camo that could be really greygrey planes.  What has created doubts to me is to see many photos of planes that had much in common with the three shades template, but with an anomalous extension of the light parts as they have been repainted. I don't see a reason for a wide light brown repainting, but grey would be justified by the existance of the instructions of 1945.
Regards
Massimo
JP
Administrator

« Reply #3 on: September 08, 2011, 05:41:30 AM »

I added most of the newer content to the main site page.  Let me know if I missed anything big.
learstang

« Reply #4 on: September 08, 2011, 06:39:23 AM »

I thing I notice, Massimo, is that where it says "still on work" it should say "still in progress".

Regards,

Jason

"I'll sleep when I'm dead."

- Warren William Zevon
Massimo Tessitori
Administrator

« Reply #5 on: September 08, 2011, 10:17:00 AM »

Hi JP,
you could add the page on Yak-6.
The page on Li-2 is still very uncomplete, while that on Tu-2 has a lot of images, but I have still to trace a better conclusion on the camouflage. I'll have to try in the next future.
Regards
Massimo
warhawk

« Reply #6 on: September 08, 2011, 12:19:24 PM »

One little suggestion:
Could the "Updates", "Soviet warplanes main page" and "forum" buttons be equally sized, just to make it more ordered?
Massimo Tessitori
Administrator

« Reply #7 on: September 08, 2011, 01:52:51 PM »

Hi,
I've updated the main page taking into account your suggestions.
Regards
Massimo
JP
Administrator

« Reply #8 on: September 08, 2011, 04:50:47 PM »

I changed the main site page as you suggest.

I don't know if this is happening for anyone else, but there are some broken link images on some of the entry pages for specific aircraft types.  I will add them here as I find them.

http://mig3.sovietwarplanes.com/yak-6/yak-6.htm
Broken image and the page loads in the browser title bar on top as "IL-2 Shturmovik"

http://mig3.sovietwarplanes.com/li-2/li-2.htm
Broken image

http://mig3.sovietwarplanes.com/tu-2/tu-2.htm
Broken image and the page loads in the browser title bar on top as "IL-2 Shturmovik"

learstang

« Reply #9 on: September 08, 2011, 05:57:54 PM »

I think when you click on any link, it should take you to the IL-2 page. Wink

Regards,

Jason

"I'll sleep when I'm dead."

- Warren William Zevon
KL

« Reply #10 on: September 08, 2011, 06:08:55 PM »

I added most of the newer content to the main site page.  Let me know if I missed anything big.

Some aircraft designations are incorrect:  for example, it wasn't "Polikarpov I-5" - only I-5 (plane was designed by Grigorovich and Polikarpov, both imprisoned).
Even after Dec 1940, it was only abriviated OKB name and number: not Yakovlev Yak-3 - only Yak-3.  It's a common mistake in popular aviation literature.

R-10 was designed at the Kharkov Aviation Institute by a team lead by Y.G. Nieman (not Rieman!).

Cheers,
KL

PS:  check Wikipedia at  http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Soviet_Union_military_aircraft_designation_systems

Contrary to western sources, official Soviet designations did not include constructors' names (e.g. Yakovlev Yak-1), only abbreviations (i.e. Yak-1). 
« Last Edit: September 08, 2011, 06:24:07 PM by KL » Logged
Massimo Tessitori
Administrator

« Reply #11 on: September 08, 2011, 08:01:49 PM »

Ok, thank you, I've corrected this too.
Regards
Massimo
Massimo Tessitori
Administrator

« Reply #12 on: September 09, 2011, 12:12:48 PM »

Hi,
I've made some minor updates on the pages on Pe-2 and Tu-2.
On this latest type, unfortunately the conclusions and patterns are rather weak, because of the unexplained abundance of light color over the wings.
Regards
Massimo
Kukuruznik

« Reply #13 on: September 09, 2011, 10:28:50 PM »

I think when you click on any link, it should take you to the IL-2 page. Wink

Regards,

Jason

Agreed. But then again, for me that goes for most of the internet... Grin

/Peter
marluc

« Reply #14 on: September 10, 2011, 06:28:12 PM »

Massimo,great updates.The pages on the Il-2,Li-2 and Yak-6 are excellent,I particularly like the latter as the Yak-6 is not a widely known plane.Greetings.

Martin
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  

Jump to: