Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /membri/massimotessitori/sovietwarplanes/board/Sources/Load.php(225) : runtime-created function on line 3
Help with 1/72 ICM I-5
Sovietwarplanes
April 19, 2024, 08:04:47 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: This forum replaces the old sovietwarplanes.com whose domain has expired in January 2017. It has been updated with the posts of the year 2016.
The new location of the site 'Sovietwarplanes pages' is at http://massimotessitori.altervista.org/sovietwarplanes/pages/

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Help with 1/72 ICM I-5  (Read 4753 times)
Aaronw

« on: August 22, 2011, 04:05:43 AM »

I guess I never got around to reposting this over here.

Back in March I started building the 1/72 ICM I-5, everything was going fine until I got to mounting the upper wing. I have built a fair number of biplanes, but this one is driving me crazy. It seems to want to force the wing into the wrong position or angle like the struts are the wrong length, only they don't appear to be.

Anyone have experience with this kit, that might be able to give me some pointers?

Thanks
Massimo Tessitori
Administrator

« Reply #1 on: August 22, 2011, 07:32:33 AM »

Hi Aaronw,
I've not built an I-5, only an I-15bis that looks to have a similar problem.
If I remember well, I've leghtened the outer struts to fit.
An author on Hobbyvista (Matt, perhaps) has made the opposite thing: he first mounted the upper wing on the external struts, then shortened the central struts to fit them between the fuselage and the wings.
Maybe you could post some image, so we can see better what doesn't fit.
Regards
Massimo
Aaronw

« Reply #2 on: August 31, 2011, 09:16:02 AM »

I actually haven't had much time to build this one since March, so I'm going to have to sit down a figure out for myself exactly what the problem was again. Lengthening or shortening struts sounds like the likely fix, I was just wondering if I was doing something wrong.
Kind of frustrating because up to the point of attaching the wings this was turning out to be a fairly painless build and the detail is quite good for 1/72.
JP
Administrator

« Reply #3 on: August 31, 2011, 05:08:17 PM »

Be careful with the struts.  I have read in other places that the plastic is brittle and can easily shatter.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: