Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /membri/massimotessitori/sovietwarplanes/board/Sources/Load.php(225) : runtime-created function on line 3
P-40 K White "50" 1/48 Hasegawa
Sovietwarplanes
March 28, 2024, 02:37:58 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: This forum replaces the old sovietwarplanes.com whose domain has expired in January 2017. It has been updated with the posts of the year 2016.
The new location of the site 'Sovietwarplanes pages' is at http://massimotessitori.altervista.org/sovietwarplanes/pages/

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: P-40 K White "50" 1/48 Hasegawa  (Read 5573 times)
Ohotnyik

« on: August 26, 2011, 03:56:10 PM »

To comply wit Xan?s request I present you one of may latest works.
Hopefuly this few pics will help others too.
It was an old dream of mine to be able to build a family of P-40s. Thanks to Hasegawa it seamed to be at hands reach.
After opening the boksz, however it became clear to me that this kit won?t be my favourite.
I came to find an over opened heap of plastic ,with a promise of  much fittng problems.
The develpement of types can be done with the basespure, and with the additional spure you can build the variations from E to N, except the L and F types.
Only the fuselage was created from nine piece!
Here you can see the process of building, I know it is not a world language, but hopefuly someone will understand it.

http://www.makett.org/index.php/topic,56.0.html
http://www.makett.org/index.php/topic,868.0.html

JP
Administrator

« Reply #1 on: August 26, 2011, 04:01:53 PM »

Tres bien!  If you look at the two posts below this one, you will see that there has been some discussion on this aircraft "white 50", and even some characteristics of the AMT and Hasegawa P-40 kits.

What color did you use for covering the old British markings?
« Last Edit: August 26, 2011, 04:04:54 PM by JP » Logged
Ohotnyik

« Reply #2 on: August 26, 2011, 04:44:04 PM »

Im realy sorry but I can't remember, I made this about two years ago, but I think I mixed it some kind of brown, but as of today I would rather choose green, I thought about it that time too.
learstang

« Reply #3 on: August 26, 2011, 06:38:01 PM »

Im realy sorry but I can't remember, I made this about two years ago, but I think I mixed it some kind of brown, but as of today I would rather choose green, I thought about it that time too.

Ohotnyik, you mean like AMT-4 Green?  Excellent model, by the way!  Of all the P-40 variants, my favourite is the P-40K.

Regards,

Jason

"I'll sleep when I'm dead."

- Warren William Zevon
Ohotnyik

« Reply #4 on: August 26, 2011, 08:07:33 PM »

Ohotnyik, you mean like AMT-4 Green?  Excellent model, by the way!  Of all the P-40 variants, my favourite is the P-40K.

Regards,

Jason

Yes I was thinking of the AMT-4, but anyhow it is still just guessing. Unfortunatly someone borrowed my timemachine.
learstang

« Reply #5 on: August 26, 2011, 11:49:43 PM »

I know how you feel, Istvan.  I've often felt that I needed a time machine to ensure the accuracy of my VVS models.  Then again, if I had a time machine, I'm not sure that the first place I'd want to be is in the Soviet Union in the middle of the Great Patriotic War!

Regards,

Jason

"I'll sleep when I'm dead."

- Warren William Zevon
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: