Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /membri/massimotessitori/sovietwarplanes/board/Sources/Load.php(225) : runtime-created function on line 3
Kagero IL-2
Sovietwarplanes
March 29, 2024, 12:13:07 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: This forum replaces the old sovietwarplanes.com whose domain has expired in January 2017. It has been updated with the posts of the year 2016.
The new location of the site 'Sovietwarplanes pages' is at http://massimotessitori.altervista.org/sovietwarplanes/pages/

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Kagero IL-2  (Read 4663 times)
Ohotnyik

« on: August 27, 2011, 08:51:08 PM »

NEW!!

http://www.aeroscale.co.uk/modules.php?op=modload&name=Reviews&file=index&req=showcontent&id=6761
learstang

« Reply #1 on: August 28, 2011, 12:38:59 AM »

Thank you for the link, Istvan!  I've seen that book listed on a German publisher's site.  Just looking at these drawings and profiles, I can see some problems.  For example, the ski-equipped version seems to show a metal fuselage, which it almost certainly did not have.  The colour profiles are also wrong - in the three-colour scheme the "Brown" should not be brown at all, but a tan colour;  Shturmoviks were never painted with a dark brown.  I will reserve further judgement until I receive a copy of the book, but it appears that the definitive and accurate book on the Shturmovik, at least in regards to profiles and drawings, is still not here.

Regards,

Jason
« Last Edit: August 28, 2011, 01:06:30 AM by learstang » Logged

"I'll sleep when I'm dead."

- Warren William Zevon
learstang

« Reply #2 on: November 20, 2011, 06:34:52 PM »

I have now received the book, and as I feared, it is full of inaccuracies, some small, some not so small (like a drawing of an IL-2 with a metal fuselage and wooden wings!).  The drawings and the profiles are skillfully done, but are often inaccurate.  This is not the definitive book for the modeller (hopefully that will be the book I still continue to plod along with).  If you have any specific questions about the book, please let me know.  I am in the process of creating a list of inaccuracies to provide to the Kagero distributor, so he can then furnish them to the creators of the book, who will hopefully correct their next edition.

Best Regards,

Jason

"I'll sleep when I'm dead."

- Warren William Zevon
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: