Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /membri/massimotessitori/sovietwarplanes/board/Sources/Load.php(225) : runtime-created function on line 3
photos of Spanish I-16
Sovietwarplanes
April 19, 2024, 04:06:35 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: This forum replaces the old sovietwarplanes.com whose domain has expired in January 2017. It has been updated with the posts of the year 2016.
The new location of the site 'Sovietwarplanes pages' is at http://massimotessitori.altervista.org/sovietwarplanes/pages/

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: photos of Spanish I-16  (Read 5818 times)
Massimo Tessitori
Administrator

« on: August 28, 2011, 05:35:15 PM »

Hi,
here are some good photos of 'popeye' I-16.
One can see that the undersurfaces were of two colors, probably silver and grey, even su some Spanish planes, so they preserved the Soviet colors.
http://elhangardetj.blogspot.com/search?updated-min=2011-01-01T00%3A00%3A00-08%3A00&updated-max=2012-01-01T00%3A00%3A00-08%3A00&max-results=20
Regards
Massimo
marluc

« Reply #1 on: August 29, 2011, 10:17:00 PM »

Thanks Massimo for sharing these great pictures.Greetings.

Massimo
Massimo Tessitori
Administrator

« Reply #2 on: August 30, 2011, 07:18:13 AM »

You are welcome , Martin.
I've always appreciated this blog for photos of recent planes too.
Regards
Massimo
stevehed

« Reply #3 on: August 30, 2011, 09:52:42 PM »

Well done Massimo,
                           Just had a quick glance but these are great photos. The bottom picture on the first page showing a couple of Faits about to attack a Republican bomber caught my eye. My Spanish is a little rusty so next time I'll sit down with a dictionary but it seems to me that it is suggested the bomber is a French aircraft. Well it looks like an American Martin B10 or whatever number the export version was. Picture has to be a fake don't you think? Nationalists thought SB2's were Martins and called then so throughout the war. Propaganda picture based on mis-information ??  What do you guys think??

Regards, Steve
Massimo Tessitori
Administrator

« Reply #4 on: August 31, 2011, 06:59:33 AM »

Hi Steve,
it looks a B-10 to me too, but I'm not expert of planes of the '30s. Was it ever utilized in Spain?
Regards
Massimo
Pascal

« Reply #5 on: August 31, 2011, 11:27:00 AM »

I agree with your opinion about the bomber. It is not a french plane, it looks too nice ! Grin I think it's a fake too, with a pic of a B-10.

Pascal

KL

« Reply #6 on: August 31, 2011, 07:53:25 PM »

The bottom picture on the first page showing a couple of Faits about to attack a Republican bomber caught my eye. My Spanish is a little rusty so next time I'll sit down with a dictionary but it seems to me that it is suggested the bomber is a French aircraft. Well it looks like an American Martin B10 or whatever number the export version was. Picture has to be a fake don't you think? Nationalists thought SB2's were Martins and called then so throughout the war. Propaganda picture based on mis-information ??  What do you guys think??

Spanish Air Force had planned to purchase Martin B-10 bombers before SCW.  With the beginning of SCW all negotiations with the Americans were suspended and (real)Martin Bombers never reached Spain.

Sometimes during the war a retouched photo of Martin B-10 with red Republican markings appeared in Republican press.  It was probably an attempt to cover up origin of SB bombers (also an all-metal monoplane bomber).

Photomontages and retouched photos were common on both sides; it was a propaganda war too.  Similar Italian photomontage with Fiats flying around a smoking French parasol fighter is well known.

Cheers,
KL
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: