Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /membri/massimotessitori/sovietwarplanes/board/Sources/Load.php(225) : runtime-created function on line 3
Good general site
Sovietwarplanes
April 25, 2024, 06:17:33 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: This forum replaces the old sovietwarplanes.com whose domain has expired in January 2017. It has been updated with the posts of the year 2016.
The new location of the site 'Sovietwarplanes pages' is at http://massimotessitori.altervista.org/sovietwarplanes/pages/

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Good general site  (Read 3647 times)
JP
Administrator

« on: August 30, 2011, 06:54:01 AM »

http://www.airpages.ru/index.html

A little bit of everything, mostly good text and bad profiles.
learstang

« Reply #1 on: August 30, 2011, 07:29:39 AM »

I can only comment with any authority (such as it is) on the IL-2 portion.  Since the text appears to be from Perov and Rastrenin's book, I assume it's good.  The drawings have problems; an arrow with the short antenna mast, used only on early two-seaters, and a later single-seater with metal wings, but with the metal-fuselage - a combination that does not seem to have existed in real life.  Still, it does have some nice pictures, and even has a picture of the enigmatic early two-seater, "White 24", with other aeroplanes in the same photograph, the only time I've seen the entire photograph.  This site will be worth some more looking at.  Thank you for the link, John!

Regards,

Jason

"I'll sleep when I'm dead."

- Warren William Zevon
Massimo Tessitori
Administrator

« Reply #2 on: August 30, 2011, 12:45:15 PM »

Hi,
strange site... it has many interesting things, but I don't know how they are linked. For example, there is an intersting page on the Tu-2 manual that seems not accessible from their pages on Tu-2.
Regards
Massimo
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: