Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /membri/massimotessitori/sovietwarplanes/board/Sources/Load.php(225) : runtime-created function on line 3
La-5FN early type Zvezda 1/48
Sovietwarplanes
March 28, 2024, 09:42:44 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: This forum replaces the old sovietwarplanes.com whose domain has expired in January 2017. It has been updated with the posts of the year 2016.
The new location of the site 'Sovietwarplanes pages' is at http://massimotessitori.altervista.org/sovietwarplanes/pages/

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  
Author Topic: La-5FN early type Zvezda 1/48  (Read 11138 times)
richard.kiss

« on: September 02, 2011, 07:14:44 PM »

I've just started a new project, a quarterscale Zevzda La-5FN just out of box.

It will be my second VVS airplane and very first posted on SWM. Never built this kit earlier, no experience on faults and bugs so all tips or suggestions are welcome!

Probably the original decal sheet goes to trash can and I'll use an aftermarket stuff instead of. The AMLD #48012 sheet rests in my stash however the camo/markings not yet decided as well as not yet verified AML accuracy by me.

I examined colour table and 'Interior colours for Yak's, Lavochkin, Pe-2, Il-2, Mig 3, I-16' topic so the colour of interior surfaces (like cockpit, gear bays etc.) is the A-14 Steel Grey, isnt?

JP
Administrator

« Reply #1 on: September 02, 2011, 09:42:03 PM »

No advice from me on this, just wanted to say I have a couple of these kits and they look excellent in the box.  I'll be watching this thread with interest.  Good luck!  Do post updates as you go so we can see how it's going.
richard.kiss

« Reply #2 on: September 03, 2011, 11:19:29 PM »

progress so far...

learstang

« Reply #3 on: September 04, 2011, 05:51:26 AM »

Wow!  Zvezda certainly put a lot of detail into the interior structure.  Looking good, Richard, and I too shall be following this build with interest.

Regards,

Jason

"I'll sleep when I'm dead."

- Warren William Zevon
Massimo Tessitori
Administrator

« Reply #4 on: September 04, 2011, 07:41:33 AM »

Hi Richard,
I read somewhere that it was necessary to change the assembling order of the instructions sheet to join the fuselage to the wing without major problems. If I don't miss, you've already done it.
Regards
Massimo
richard.kiss

« Reply #5 on: September 04, 2011, 02:17:17 PM »

@Jason: indeed, there is a lot of detail however as much detail is missing at least Cheesy so would be good to use Eduard and/or scratch some details.  this is my 1st Zvezda La-5FN kit therefore I want a quickbuild and check how goes well.

@Massimo: thanks for tip!
no major problem encountered, I'm satisfied till now. by the way the internal structure has not glued to the wing, just a dry-fit.

richard.kiss

« Reply #6 on: September 05, 2011, 01:43:56 PM »

painting process of interior has started.

AKAN 73040 A-14 was used to the base colour.

learstang

« Reply #7 on: September 05, 2011, 05:31:28 PM »

Very nice Richard!  Did you lighten up the A-14?

Regards,

Jason

- Warren William Zevon
JP
Administrator

« Reply #8 on: September 05, 2011, 06:47:04 PM »

I agree.  Some very nice looking work!
richard.kiss

« Reply #9 on: September 06, 2011, 07:53:29 PM »

thanks!

Jason:
after the base colour applied I airbrushed a darkened, heavy diluted A-14 besides the panel lines & frames, then the middle of panels got a lightened and also well-diluted base colour.
Then more highlights, details and chipping effect brushed with Vallejo and used some oil colours as well. I would like to achieve a more realistic appearence on leather covered parts, the brown colour is just the base.

What do you think, the shade of A-14 is ok?

learstang

« Reply #10 on: September 06, 2011, 09:36:58 PM »

thanks!

Jason:
after the base colour applied I airbrushed a darkened, heavy diluted A-14 besides the panel lines & frames, then the middle of panels got a lightened and also well-diluted base colour.
Then more highlights, details and chipping effect brushed with Vallejo and used some oil colours as well. I would like to achieve a more realistic appearence on leather covered parts, the brown colour is just the base.

What do you think, the shade of A-14 is ok?

I think it looks excellent, Richard.  For A-14 I use Testors Light Ghost Gray which I suspect is too light, but for my 1/72nd scale models I think it's close enough.

Regards,

Jason

- Warren William Zevon
richard.kiss

« Reply #11 on: September 13, 2011, 09:12:42 PM »

update: some cockpit & internal frame pics.

AML belt set used to enhance the seat.

« Last Edit: September 13, 2011, 09:16:25 PM by richard.kiss » Logged

Pascal

« Reply #12 on: September 13, 2011, 09:52:07 PM »

I have this kit to build... Yours is very beautiful, go on !

Pascal

Massimo Tessitori
Administrator

« Reply #13 on: September 13, 2011, 10:10:59 PM »

Hi Richard,
beautiful model indeed.
Have you already made some fit tests with the fuselage?
Regards
Massimo
JP
Administrator

« Reply #14 on: September 14, 2011, 05:01:54 AM »

It's looking excellent.  I look forward to seeing more!
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  

Jump to: