Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /membri/massimotessitori/sovietwarplanes/board/Sources/Load.php(225) : runtime-created function on line 3
Yak-1 1/48 South Front (Resetov)
Sovietwarplanes
April 26, 2024, 12:33:10 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: This forum replaces the old sovietwarplanes.com whose domain has expired in January 2017. It has been updated with the posts of the year 2016.
The new location of the site 'Sovietwarplanes pages' is at http://massimotessitori.altervista.org/sovietwarplanes/pages/

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  
Author Topic: Yak-1 1/48 South Front (Resetov)  (Read 17559 times)
Ohotnyik

« on: September 03, 2011, 07:40:15 AM »

Jak-1 early  1/48 South Front Resetov

Hello!
Right now Im building this one.
It is an interesting kit is bears the  signs of excelent designing and medioroce producing.
The most beautifull  Wheel  Bays  have ever seen in a JAK kit, also interesting and accurate details int he cockpit, realistic oil and water cooling system details.
But due to the overflow of the plastic mould the molding lines are unsure and you have to polsih over some of the fine details.
Sever  joint gap can be found in front of the cockpit.
Soon I reach the painting part, and I have a few questions regarding to that.
I choose Resetov?s plane from 1942.

The decals were relesaed by AML, wich preents it with a camo paintning.

Altough they didn?t recognised the typ well .(canopy)
But the  Authentic Dcals is now designing their own version of the same decal, where they picture it simply green.( AMT-4?)

http://scalemodels.ru/modules/forum/viewtopic_t_31536_start_0.html

Wathcing this poor quality picture, it is really hard to decide, but I found the AML-s camo painting to be more realistic.
Or not?
For me the Redstar with white sides is a bit troubling on the stabilizer fin, why was it white?
Perhaps it was a winter camo painted plane and the technican did some mistake during repaint?
It seems possible to me because ont he picture the side lines seem to be bit uncertain, also the wing?s edge.
But if that is the case why didn?t the star on the side of the plane made by the same methode?

Istv?n
Massimo Tessitori
Administrator

« Reply #1 on: September 03, 2011, 09:59:49 AM »

Hi Istvan,
thank you for sharing the photos of your model.
About the painting of the plane, I am for the camouflage, the large black blotches on the nose sides are visible enough.
About the irregular white around the star, I think it's just what it seems. You could have the choice between reproducing it as you can see it, or ignore the white border, or make a regular white border for a more aesthetical result.
Regards
Massimo
JP
Administrator

« Reply #2 on: September 03, 2011, 09:44:10 PM »

If I were a German pilot, I should be glad to have Russian aircraft painted in neon green as depicted in the AML instructions.
mholly

« Reply #3 on: September 04, 2011, 03:27:23 AM »

If I were a German pilot, I should be glad to have Russian aircraft painted in neon green as depicted in the AML instructions.
Not a "neon green" but "EPII Green", as per  "Orlov & Nakrasok" research! Cheesy
Cheers,
Mario
Ohotnyik

« Reply #4 on: April 21, 2012, 09:19:03 PM »

Hi,
Finaly the two important spring model event (Szolnok 2012 ; and Mosonmagyar?v?r MMS 2012)  in Hungary is ended http://www.ambbrescia.com/?p=787#more-787    http://www.modelarovo.cz/moson-2012/, so I have time again to build models.
This model can be built easily, but in front of the cabin I had to extend it a little and over the wings the   fuselage was too wide. Unfortunatly the quality of the material makes the work difficult because it is too light.

« Last Edit: April 21, 2012, 09:20:53 PM by Ohotnyik » Logged
learstang

« Reply #5 on: April 22, 2012, 12:34:40 AM »

Looking very good, Istvan!  What colour did you use for the interior?

Regards,

Jason

"I'll sleep when I'm dead."

- Warren William Zevon
Ohotnyik

« Reply #6 on: April 22, 2012, 08:53:22 AM »

Looking very good, Istvan!  What colour did you use for the interior?

Regards,

Jason

Akan A-14
Ohotnyik

« Reply #7 on: April 30, 2012, 06:29:40 AM »

In the last days I could go ahead with the painting.
I will not continue the building of this model for a while, because I wait for the set of the Authentic Decals. I hope it will come soon.

Ohotnyik

« Reply #8 on: August 05, 2015, 09:58:49 PM »

Hello!

Unfortunately the Authentic have not issued yet decals of the 1/48 Jak-1. I waited that untill now, but I lost my patience. Luckily one of my friend has helped me.

Ohotnyik

« Reply #9 on: August 16, 2015, 10:18:23 AM »

Massimo Tessitori
Administrator

« Reply #10 on: August 16, 2015, 04:44:06 PM »

Looks good so far. Maybe the dark wash of some panel lines could be improved.
Regards
Massimo
Ohotnyik

« Reply #11 on: August 16, 2015, 06:26:29 PM »

Hallo Massimo!

The next will be that, but currently I am so happy to be able to paint the signs.
Johann

« Reply #12 on: August 19, 2015, 12:40:24 AM »

Allow a little advice? Stitches wing tanks is not worth much to allocate. But Most of the photo you can see that they were sealed up with percale stripe.
Ohotnyik

« Reply #13 on: August 19, 2015, 08:54:53 PM »

Johan!

Thank you your idea. I have not noticed this untill now, but I will check it.
Unfortunately the base material of this kit is very light therefore it is difficult to rescratch it. It creases the base material instead of cutting it.

Istv?n

Ohotnyik

« Reply #14 on: November 20, 2015, 09:08:13 PM »

Hello,
Finally I have finished.
As It was ready the decals of the FOXBOT were issued which I was waiting for for years.

Pages: [1] 2
  Print  

Jump to: