Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /membri/massimotessitori/sovietwarplanes/board/Sources/Load.php(225) : runtime-created function on line 3
AKAN AE-9
Sovietwarplanes
April 19, 2024, 02:28:39 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: This forum replaces the old sovietwarplanes.com whose domain has expired in January 2017. It has been updated with the posts of the year 2016.
The new location of the site 'Sovietwarplanes pages' is at http://massimotessitori.altervista.org/sovietwarplanes/pages/

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: AKAN AE-9  (Read 7734 times)
Massimo Tessitori
Administrator

« on: September 11, 2011, 08:08:06 AM »

Hi,
I've seen that Akan has released a can of AE-9 paint and has explained its genesis here.
http://akan.ru/index.php/satii/34-rackpyltaynuae9
I don't think that this paint is good: it's a dark grey-green copied from some exhibits that was no doubt real and existing, but can't be the same color utilized to paint SBs and I-153.
If I understand well, he demonstrates that AE-9 was utilized on the inside of I-16s, then takes the color found on the inside of a TB-3, of a Yak and of a gunsight and assumes that this is the same color as AE-9. But this doesn't resemble tio the color seen on color photos of wrecks of SB, nor to that deductable by bw photos of that age.
He honestly writes that Orlov doesn't agree with his interpretation.
Regards
Massimo
KL

« Reply #1 on: September 17, 2011, 05:34:34 AM »

I don't think that this paint is good: it's a dark grey-green copied from some exhibits that was no doubt real and existing, but can't be the same color utilized to paint SBs and I-153.

I think the same  Wink.
There is always a posibilty to misidentify/misinterpret museum exhibits or "specimens" from private collections.  Fortunately, Akanihin hasn't indulge in paint indentification/interpretation too often;  contrary to a western "researcher" whose colours are based on the "Physical inspection" of Monino exhibits and specimens that nobady else have seen.   

... takes the color found on the inside of a TB-3

following is from Aviakollektsiya 12-2007 at http://retrospicere.narod.ru/library-books/book_998_2.htm

Бомбардировщик сверху красился в ?защитный? (зеленый с желтоватым оттенком) цвет. Состав был таким: 42% крона, 27,3% олифы, 25,5% умбры и 1% сажи. Снизу самолет был светло-серым: 34,84% литопона (смеси солей цинка и бария), 34% свинцовых белил и 31% олифы. Внутри машина красилась в серый цвет: 31,6% литопона, 31,6% свинцовых белил, 2,2% крона и 33,8% олифы.

Cheers,
KL
Massimo Tessitori
Administrator

« Reply #2 on: September 17, 2011, 07:30:38 AM »

That is, more or less:
The bomber from above was painted in "protective" (green with a yellowish shade) color. The structure was such: 42 % a crone, 27,3 % of drying oil, 25,5 % умбры and 1 % of soot. At the bottom the plane was light grey: 34,84 % литопона (mixtures of salts of zinc and barium), 34 % of white lead and 31 % of drying oil. Inside the car was painted in grey color: 31,6 % литопона, 31,6 % of white lead, 2,2 % a crone and 33,8 % of drying oil.
Regards
Massimo
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: