Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /membri/massimotessitori/sovietwarplanes/board/Sources/Load.php(225) : runtime-created function on line 3
P-47D Bubbletop - Lend-Lease "Tandyerbolt"
Sovietwarplanes
March 28, 2024, 11:35:18 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: This forum replaces the old sovietwarplanes.com whose domain has expired in January 2017. It has been updated with the posts of the year 2016.
The new location of the site 'Sovietwarplanes pages' is at http://massimotessitori.altervista.org/sovietwarplanes/pages/

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  
Author Topic: P-47D Bubbletop - Lend-Lease "Tandyerbolt"  (Read 26865 times)
xan

« Reply #15 on: September 18, 2011, 08:39:00 PM »

Wonderfull work!
there is a lot of work on the olive drab and on the light grey colours
all the colors (particularry the colours to cover the american stars ) are very credible
congratulation, it's really wonderfull !
Xan

Tibor Varga

« Reply #16 on: September 18, 2011, 09:26:33 PM »

Hi, thanks Xan,

JP, Massimo, you can use any info from my post, but keep in mind some of my limits:
-That the photos are from the internet, so there could be possible copyright issues.
-Also my research is limited, I'm rather a modeller than a researcher, the most of the information was from the MBI book.

so Massimo is right, some more sources should be used if an article is planned to be published. Or perhaps any primary research involved.
Anyway if I can help you just let me know.

Also some of you guys might have to finnish book:
Red Stars 4 - Lend-Lease Aircraft in Russia (Red Stars, Volume 4) C-F Guest and G. Petrov (Kustanyaja, Tampere, Finland, 2002 - it could have usefull info and pictures about the Soviet Thunderbolts also.
Massimo Tessitori
Administrator

« Reply #17 on: September 18, 2011, 11:14:28 PM »

Thanks Tibor,
I have that book, I'll have a look.
Regards
Massimo
barneybolac

« Reply #18 on: June 26, 2012, 03:03:50 AM »

Nice job on your model. A slight hijack on my part since we are on the 255TH. The profile posted of the Razorback has any one photos of this plane?

A book I have says the scheme is supported by photographic evidence.

« Last Edit: June 26, 2012, 04:21:09 AM by barneybolac » Logged
Ohotnyik

« Reply #19 on: June 26, 2012, 05:51:14 AM »

Nice job on your model. A slight hijack on my part since we are on the 255TH. The profile posted of the Razorback has any one photos of this plane?

The photo is in the 4th part of the Red Stars.
It is surely camouflaged but I am unsure that the photo is about this plane.
There is a stripe or a range of numbers ont he tail.

Istv?n

66misos

Absence of evidence is not evidence of absence.

« Reply #20 on: July 07, 2012, 04:09:15 PM »

Hi Tibor,

very nice kit (velmi pekny model  Wink. I very like camo fading and weathering. One can get a very good idea how also Airacobras could look like.
I really appreciated your approach to US national marking repainting on the fuselage and underwing:
On the right side of the 2nd photo / left underwing / some lighter color is visible under the star, AMT-7  overpaint?
And AMT-4 on fuselage?

Regards
    66misos SK

B_Realistic

« Reply #21 on: July 07, 2012, 04:40:46 PM »

Tibor,

this is wonderful how you've weathered yor P-47. Shocked
The color differencies are very subtle and good.
This is one of the best weathered P-47 I've seen and yes I'm direct a fan from your work. Cheesy
I've sent you a PM.

Michel
Palanadine

« Reply #22 on: September 02, 2013, 08:46:28 PM »

Very nice work indeed! I like both the painting which is very well done, but also all the subtle weathering, give this special air to the model.

One question though, about the camouflaged P-47:

Was there really an aircraft painted in this scheme, or is it a misunderstood play of light and shadow on the background?

Panayotis

"We cannot direct the winds, but we can adjust the sails."
Massimo Tessitori
Administrator

« Reply #23 on: September 02, 2013, 09:20:30 PM »

Hi Panayotis,
I think it's really camouflaged, even if I am not sure that the drawing is exact. I would say... defendable. However I would follow better the pattern of the Lavochkins.
Regards
Massimo
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  

Jump to: