Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /membri/massimotessitori/sovietwarplanes/board/Sources/Load.php(225) : runtime-created function on line 3
The Shturmovik Flies Again!
Sovietwarplanes
April 18, 2024, 10:57:46 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: This forum replaces the old sovietwarplanes.com whose domain has expired in January 2017. It has been updated with the posts of the year 2016.
The new location of the site 'Sovietwarplanes pages' is at http://massimotessitori.altervista.org/sovietwarplanes/pages/

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: The Shturmovik Flies Again!  (Read 3878 times)
learstang

« on: October 10, 2011, 06:34:30 PM »

Everyone check this out - фантастический!   "http://www.youtube.com/v/jphYnNJQAnw&hl=en_US&feature=player_embedded&version=3".

Best Regards,

Jason

"I'll sleep when I'm dead."

- Warren William Zevon
Massimo Tessitori
Administrator

« Reply #1 on: October 10, 2011, 07:36:20 PM »

Splendid plane! I hope that it won't have any accident while flying. My idea of historical planes is that they should stay in museums.
Pity for the choice of the camouflage, black and green were desuete when arrow Il-2 entered in production.
Regards
Massimo
learstang

« Reply #2 on: October 10, 2011, 07:46:42 PM »

My feelings also, although I do have to admit I got goosebumps whilst watching it fly.  It would be much better if a completely new-build IL-2 were constructed for flying, as the airframe and avionics would be completely new (and safer).  I do hope they are extremely careful flying this priceless aeroplane - and let's not forget the safety of the pilot, either.  It is a shame about the camouflage - I'd love to see it in the three-colour scheme.  At least the fuselage doesn't appear to be metal.  Still-in-all, despite the incorrect (for the arrow) camouflage, a splendid-looking aeroplane.

Regards,

Jason

"I'll sleep when I'm dead."

- Warren William Zevon
Pascal

« Reply #3 on: October 10, 2011, 11:48:42 PM »

a splendid-looking aeroplane.

Oh yes, it is ! I think like you : museums are the place for historical planes. But what a feeling to see this one flying...

Pascal

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: