Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /membri/massimotessitori/sovietwarplanes/board/Sources/Load.php(225) : runtime-created function on line 3

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /membri/massimotessitori/sovietwarplanes/board/Sources/Load.php(225) : runtime-created function on line 3
Look at this MiG-3
Sovietwarplanes
March 29, 2024, 12:48:55 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: This forum replaces the old sovietwarplanes.com whose domain has expired in January 2017. It has been updated with the posts of the year 2016.
The new location of the site 'Sovietwarplanes pages' is at http://massimotessitori.altervista.org/sovietwarplanes/pages/

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Look at this MiG-3  (Read 5290 times)
Rodrigo

« on: January 03, 2007, 07:09:32 PM »

Hi guys...

There is a page with an MiG-3 (1/32 of Trumpeter) developing construction in   www.modellersite.com/nov2006/Espanol/Mig3_Esp.asp 
You can traslate this using the english key inside...
Then please comment Grin...

Rodrigo
Dark Green Man

« Reply #1 on: January 03, 2007, 09:39:15 PM »

the link does not work for me.
 is it typed in correctly?
how about a link to the main page?
we can look around from there.

[/font]

"when we lose the right to be different, we lose the priviledge to be free"--Charles Evans Hughes
Rodrigo

« Reply #2 on: January 04, 2007, 10:18:01 PM »

Hi Green Man:  Sorry  Cry I couldn?t copy the exact site so I rewrite all the main page is  www.modelersite.com and you can search this here in english or spanish too

The correct site for this article is www.modelersite.com/nov2006/Espanol/Mig3_Esp.asp
 Embarrassed

Regards

Rodrigo

Massimo Tessitori
Administrator

« Reply #3 on: January 05, 2007, 12:22:54 AM »

Hi Rodrigo, Smiley
I've seen your model.
It's interesting under some points, because such weathering requires a lot of technique.
On the other hand, it don't fit the look of MiG-3 n.39 on wartime photos, nor the typical look of MiG-3s, unless you mean an abandoned one.
White was too visible on an unsnowed background, so, when spring arrives, survived winter planes were washed or repainted.
I have photos of LaGG-3s of early 1943 that can somewhat resemble this look.
Massimo Smiley
Rodrigo

« Reply #4 on: January 05, 2007, 02:13:11 PM »

Dear Massimo: Good point. In some articles that I have about MiG-3 the paint is presented like a casein based compound. (Case?n is the milk protein). Is this true??.

A question: Correct the Scuadron Signal vacum canopy the shape of the MiG-3 canopy??

Another thing: How I can obtain your MiG-3 book signed by you? Roll Eyes

All the best for you
Massimo Tessitori
Administrator

« Reply #5 on: January 06, 2007, 08:06:38 AM »

Hi Rodrigo, Smiley
about casein... I don't really know. I see that the style of? painting of winter 1941 (nearly solid, prevalent on MiG-3s) is often different from that of 1942 (mainly on LaGG). I have found somewhere a photo of Lagg wreck that has lost all his white paint during the spring, and paint lies on the ground... but it's a wreck.
About the book, I would answer by mail.

Massimo
« Last Edit: January 06, 2007, 08:08:33 AM by Massimo Tessitori » Logged
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: