Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /membri/massimotessitori/sovietwarplanes/board/Sources/Load.php(225) : runtime-created function on line 3
Thanks for a great site!
Sovietwarplanes
March 28, 2024, 11:07:35 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: This forum replaces the old sovietwarplanes.com whose domain has expired in January 2017. It has been updated with the posts of the year 2016.
The new location of the site 'Sovietwarplanes pages' is at http://massimotessitori.altervista.org/sovietwarplanes/pages/

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Thanks for a great site!  (Read 4004 times)
MtFlyR

« on: August 15, 2006, 11:55:47 PM »

Great site!  I'm into the history of the WWII VVS aircraft and pilots who flew them.  Thanks for all the great reference material.
I build and fly electric scratch built models from Depron foam.  With the help of info. on this site I've done an I-16, LaGG-3, La-5,
Yak-1b and a Yak-1.  I'd post some flying pic's if I can figure out how too.  Not sure if you folks are ok with RC models mine are small WS 27"-32" max.

Also I was wondering if anyone can tell me if there's any film footage available out there of some of these aircraft?  Seems to me I remember a Wings of the Red Star or something.  Maybe that was just on early jets though MiG-15's etc.
I also scratch built a Russian electric ducted fan MiG-15 Korean red 009 and a MiG-17 Chinese PAF red 2077

Thanks,
MTFlyR
Marcin Widomski

« Reply #1 on: September 05, 2006, 01:07:53 AM »

There is a series called "Red Stars". I have recoreded only 2 or 3 parts on VHS tape form Ukrainian TV.  They contain really great footage - ie. newsreal from 401 IAP in 1941. It's worth looking for.
Massimo Tessitori
Administrator

« Reply #2 on: September 06, 2006, 06:15:37 AM »

Hi MtFlyR, Smiley
unfortunately the options to upload images directly on this forum are disabled.
To visualize images, one has to upload them on a different area and to link or visualize them from his post
Hi Marcin, Smiley
back from the USA? Welcome!
Massimo
« Last Edit: September 06, 2006, 06:20:56 AM by Massimo Tessitori » Logged
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: