Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /membri/massimotessitori/sovietwarplanes/board/Sources/Load.php(225) : runtime-created function on line 3
MiG-3 yellow 9
Sovietwarplanes
March 28, 2024, 10:33:32 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: This forum replaces the old sovietwarplanes.com whose domain has expired in January 2017. It has been updated with the posts of the year 2016.
The new location of the site 'Sovietwarplanes pages' is at http://massimotessitori.altervista.org/sovietwarplanes/pages/

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: MiG-3 yellow 9  (Read 3674 times)
Massimo Tessitori
Administrator

« on: August 19, 2006, 07:53:06 AM »

Hi, Smiley
I've seen the profile of yellow 9 published on
http://vvs.hobbyvista.com/DigitalModeling/monthly_profile/aug06/aug06.htm
and I have some comments to add, having drawn a different interpretation of the same plane.

I can agree that light rectangles are more likely due to peeling of fabric skinning (so they should appear yellow) and not to repairing as initially thought.

However, I don't agree that the plane has to be interpreted as a simple mottling of light grey over AII green. Undecided

The first reason, of course, is that I think to see darker bands as drawn. You can judge it by yourself, the profile is aside two photos of the original subject.

The second reason is that some darker bands overposed to the light (grey?) color have a convex curvatute profile, as if they are painted after the light bands and partially overposed to them. So, the use of at least three colors is likely.

Besides, usually early type MiG-3s were factory painted with stars on fuselage and solid green uppersurfaces. Now, those stars aren't visible on the photo. Why should they have deleted the original star if they didn't widely repaint the fuselage sides? And why should them have repainted them with the same base color?

Massimo
Marcin Widomski

« Reply #1 on: September 05, 2006, 01:04:23 AM »

I think you are correct. And this plane just looks better more patchy Wink.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: