Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /membri/massimotessitori/sovietwarplanes/board/Sources/Load.php(225) : runtime-created function on line 3
replica 1/48: Polikarpov I-15bis 70IAP Kalkhin gol mai 39 FINISHED!
Sovietwarplanes
March 28, 2024, 04:56:22 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: This forum replaces the old sovietwarplanes.com whose domain has expired in January 2017. It has been updated with the posts of the year 2016.
The new location of the site 'Sovietwarplanes pages' is at http://massimotessitori.altervista.org/sovietwarplanes/pages/

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  
Author Topic: replica 1/48: Polikarpov I-15bis 70IAP Kalkhin gol mai 39 FINISHED!  (Read 18351 times)
xan

« on: November 09, 2011, 10:44:05 PM »

hi everybody!
I finished at last mi I-15 bis!!!
thanks to all of you an particulary to mister KL, for all the information he gives to me. I learned a lot thanks to you.
those are not the definitive pics, but you will have at once an idea of what the model ended look like  Wink

Xan

learstang

« Reply #1 on: November 09, 2011, 10:53:35 PM »

Very nice work, Xan!  That's what we need more of on this site, people showing their models (I'm as guilty as others in not showing my work - I suppose I'll have to change that).

Regards,

Jason

"I'll sleep when I'm dead."

- Warren William Zevon
KL

« Reply #2 on: November 10, 2011, 06:40:26 PM »

Bravo, bravo!  Really attractive model and diorama Xan!

thanks to all of you an particulary to mister KL, for all the information he gives to me. I learned a lot thanks to you.

You are welcome, it was fun.  It?s nice to know you found new information interesting.

Happy modeling, Smiley
KL
Saivila

« Reply #3 on: November 10, 2011, 07:20:12 PM »

Wow! Looks Great. Kit allso looks well engineered,better than Special Hoppy one. That kit for sure is not a nice afternoon stick-it-together session.  This could be better subject for modelers with a deficit of patience,like me.
Anyway, nice to see modelpics here. I-15bis  is not a common sight. Beautiful.

MS
Walker

« Reply #4 on: November 10, 2011, 07:56:39 PM »

Beautiful! But the upper wing has a pronounced angle.
xan

« Reply #5 on: November 10, 2011, 11:06:51 PM »

Thanks to all of you...
Walker, you're right, but the transformation was very hard ...
tomorow i will put on line the definitive pics..

Xan

Massimo Tessitori
Administrator

« Reply #6 on: November 11, 2011, 06:56:56 AM »

Surely well made and pleasant. Both the model and its base are realistic and well detailed. The crew is extremely well painted for the scale. Just, that poor technician... will someone come to help him when he'll have to load the 50 kg bomb?
Regards
Massimo
bbrought

« Reply #7 on: November 11, 2011, 07:25:59 AM »

Wonderful work Xan. I agree with the others that I would like to see more build threads like yours. The discussions about paint colours are interesting and useful, but so much more so when done in the context of a model under construction. I am working on a couple of non-Soviet models at the moment, but I'll try do contribute here myself when I work on my next Soviet model.

Now for a completely different question: How in the world did you create that wonderful grass seen on your base? What did you use as material and, in particular, how did you place the tufts of grass standing up?

Regards,
Bennie

BA Broughton
bbrought

« Reply #8 on: November 11, 2011, 07:33:40 AM »

Just, that poor technician... will someone come to help him when he'll have to load the 50 kg bomb?

This reminds me: I recently read "Over Fields of Fire: Flying the Sturmovik in Action on the Eastern Front 1942-1945" by Anna Timofeeva-Egorova (by the way, highly recommended). In it she often praises the hard working female armourers. It seems that many of the technicians and armourers were, in fact, female. It gives me some interesting ideas for displaying my next model...

BA Broughton
learstang

« Reply #9 on: November 11, 2011, 07:48:26 AM »

It's true, Bennie.  In photographs of what are otherwise male regiments (the pilots and gunners are male), you'll often see women loading bombs and gun belts.

Regards,

Jason

- Warren William Zevon
KL

« Reply #10 on: November 11, 2011, 05:55:56 PM »

Just, that poor technician... will someone come to help him when he'll have to load the 50 kg bomb?

There should be more people.  Say 2-3 armourers...

"Podveska bomb" (hanging the bombs  Huh) was one of the favourit themes for propaganda photographers, even artists

Photo is staged, there are too many people around, but you may get the idea.  Note the "two shoulder method"

« Last Edit: November 11, 2011, 06:02:51 PM by KL » Logged
learstang

« Reply #11 on: November 11, 2011, 06:16:49 PM »

Konstantin, do you have a bigger version of the R-Z painting - I'd like to be able to see the engine details better.  As far as the Polikarpov SSS, I didn't realise it took 15 men to rearm one!  The Nazis shouldn't have bombed any of those at the start of Operation Barbarossa; every time the Soviets rearmed them it would have immobilised the entire Red Air Force!

Regards,

Jason

- Warren William Zevon
KL

« Reply #12 on: November 11, 2011, 07:12:52 PM »

http://mediazavod.ru/articles/99170

Massimo Tessitori
Administrator

« Reply #13 on: November 11, 2011, 07:26:05 PM »

Hi,
Beautiful color drawing indeed, thank you for posting. I wonder if the blue represents only reflection on a gloss black surface.
Regards
Massimo
learstang

« Reply #14 on: November 11, 2011, 07:32:57 PM »

Thank you, Konstantin!  I was wondering about the engine colours also, Massimo - that's why I wanted a better look.  It does look like the engine block is bright blue, with black cylinders, and the propeller appears to be polished metal.  Interesting.

Regards,

Jason

- Warren William Zevon
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  

Jump to: