Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /membri/massimotessitori/sovietwarplanes/board/Sources/Load.php(225) : runtime-created function on line 3

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /membri/massimotessitori/sovietwarplanes/board/Sources/Load.php(225) : runtime-created function on line 3
Info about camo ol La 5FN of Vitali Popkov
Sovietwarplanes
March 28, 2024, 01:14:52 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: This forum replaces the old sovietwarplanes.com whose domain has expired in January 2017. It has been updated with the posts of the year 2016.
The new location of the site 'Sovietwarplanes pages' is at http://massimotessitori.altervista.org/sovietwarplanes/pages/

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  
Author Topic: Info about camo ol La 5FN of Vitali Popkov  (Read 14187 times)
Massimo Tessitori
Administrator

« Reply #15 on: November 03, 2011, 02:04:35 PM »

But, what is the reason to put all those giant photos of wrong models based on wrong drawings of 20 or more years ago?  It's unuseful to repeat here how planes were painted, now we know much more that at those times.

About  numbers of 01: I don't think it's silver, it's too uniform. No shining on the upper part, no shadows where it reflect the dark uniform.
I think that it's simply an older and darker layer of white, painted much before the stripes.
Regards
Massimo
KIKKO

...Frangar non flectar............

« Reply #16 on: November 03, 2011, 02:29:50 PM »

"About  numbers of 01: I don't think it's silver, it's too uniform. No shining on the upper part, no shadows where it reflect the dark uniform.
I think that it's simply an older and darker layer of white, painted much before the stripes.
Regards
Massimo "

I'm agree with white old star........(also because so doing I don't need another decals sheet!!!!!!!!!!Just for joke guys.... Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy)
Thanks again for your answers........Enrico.
bbrought

« Reply #17 on: November 03, 2011, 03:18:36 PM »

Thanks for all your inputs. I was actually planning to do one of the other schemes on the AML sheet, but these discussions on Popkov's aircraft now made me reconsider again. I think there is enough uncertainty from that photo to conclude that it "might" be silver, although I agree with Massimo and Kikko that it could also just be older paint. The difference is quite noticeable though. I do think in this case, because I have the AML sheet, because their interpretation is not quite impossible and it would certainly make for an interesting interpretation, I might just go for Popkov's plane but with the silver 01 and stars. I am also still in two minds whether the rudder tip should be white or not...

I am working on two other projects at the moment, so I still have time to consider it. Massimo, this whole discussion on Popkov's aircraft could make for an interesting article on your La-5 pages?

Regards,
Bennie

BA Broughton
Massimo Tessitori
Administrator

« Reply #18 on: November 03, 2011, 06:11:41 PM »

Hi Bennie, hi Enrico,

Certainly, the fact to have a decals sheet is a good reason to accept it unless it's proven wrong and there is a better alternative.

Massimo, this whole discussion on Popkov's aircraft could make for an interesting article on your La-5 pages?
I think I'll certainly include photos of those planes and some comments, but they will be only a quick resuming of the topic because, unfortunately, a clear conclusion was not reached.
I suppose that the next plane of which I'll collect photos will be the SB.

Regards
Massimo
learstang

« Reply #19 on: November 03, 2011, 11:48:01 PM »

The SB - good choice, Massimo!

Regards,

Jason

"I'll sleep when I'm dead."

- Warren William Zevon
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  

Jump to: