Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /membri/massimotessitori/sovietwarplanes/board/Sources/Load.php(225) : runtime-created function on line 3
Winter scheme La-5N or F model.
Sovietwarplanes
March 28, 2024, 05:40:17 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: This forum replaces the old sovietwarplanes.com whose domain has expired in January 2017. It has been updated with the posts of the year 2016.
The new location of the site 'Sovietwarplanes pages' is at http://massimotessitori.altervista.org/sovietwarplanes/pages/

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  
Author Topic: Winter scheme La-5N or F model.  (Read 11405 times)
barneybolac

« on: December 02, 2011, 04:22:53 AM »

For a while now I have been looking for a winter scheme that flew combat for either of these two models. This is the only photo I have found to date.

Any one have photos at all of a front line aircraft?
Massimo Tessitori
Administrator

« Reply #1 on: December 02, 2011, 07:05:34 AM »

Hi,
I think this is not a winter scheme. It's a prototype. Yes, it's not bad on the snowy ground.
Regards
Massimo
learstang

« Reply #2 on: December 02, 2011, 07:39:34 PM »

Barney, I'm working on some La-5's right now (all three variants as a matter of fact), and going through my reference material I haven't seen any La-5F's or FN's painted with white.  I believe that by the time the two-grey scheme was introduced (from the middle of 1943), the white winter scheme had been abandoned for fighters, at least on the Lavochkins (my knowledge of the Yak fighters is relatively limited).  I don't think it was ever that common on La-5's, even on the early razorback La-5's, although I have seen some profiles of early La-5's in the winter or partial-winter scheme.  However, I'd love to be proven wrong, as a winter-camouflaged La-5F or La-5FN would look very nice.

Regards,

Jason

"I'll sleep when I'm dead."

- Warren William Zevon
barneybolac

« Reply #3 on: December 02, 2011, 10:39:34 PM »

Barney, I'm working on some La-5's right now (all three variants as a matter of fact), and going through my reference material I haven't seen any La-5F's or FN's painted with white.  I believe that by the time the two-grey scheme was introduced (from the middle of 1943), the white winter scheme had been abandoned for fighters, at least on the Lavochkins (my knowledge of the Yak fighters is relatively limited).  I don't think it was ever that common on La-5's, even on the early razorback La-5's, although I have seen some profiles of early La-5's in the winter or partial-winter scheme.  However, I'd love to be proven wrong, as a winter-camouflaged La-5F or La-5FN would look very nice.

Regards,

Jason
I have seen photos of razor backs with the winter camo. Thanks for the replies.
Walker

« Reply #4 on: December 03, 2011, 11:38:08 AM »

By the time of release F / FN, winter schematic with quick washed off with white paint on the basis of casein glue and chalk not used. The above photo La-5F in BNTI TsAGI, nothing in common with the combatant aircraft does not have.
Massimo Tessitori
Administrator

« Reply #5 on: December 03, 2011, 01:27:29 PM »

I have seen photos of razor backs with the winter camo. Thanks for the replies.

I think to have seen a hoto of a white F too, but now I haven't found it on my hard disk.
Regards
Massimo
barneybolac

« Reply #6 on: December 03, 2011, 10:06:54 PM »

learstang

« Reply #7 on: December 03, 2011, 11:46:52 PM »

The third one in line, bort 58, is the one I have decals for and would like to do.  I really like the partial winter camouflage scheme.

Regards,

Jason

- Warren William Zevon
Massimo Tessitori
Administrator

« Reply #8 on: December 04, 2011, 07:39:47 AM »

Hi Barneybolac, hi Jason,
if someone is interested to La-5s in winter scheme, there are many at http://mig3.sovietwarplanes.com/la5/la5.html
Unfortunately, none of them is a F or FN.
Regards
Massimo
learstang

« Reply #9 on: December 04, 2011, 05:21:58 PM »

Thank you, Massimo!  That "Red 58" model is the very one I'm doing.  I did the Eastern Express rebrand of the Cooperativa kit (basically the same kit, but without the photoetch).  I even have those AML decals to do it.

Regards,

Jason

- Warren William Zevon
Massimo Tessitori
Administrator

« Reply #10 on: December 05, 2011, 07:04:58 AM »

Hi Jason,
it looks that n.58 is the La-5 that obtained the highest interest between modellers.
Regards
Massimo
learstang

« Reply #11 on: December 05, 2011, 05:29:58 PM »

Massimo, are you going to add the La-5F and -FN's on the La-5 page?  I suspect you may be waiting to see what consensus is reached about the AMT-11/AMT-12 scheme.

Regards,

Jason

- Warren William Zevon
Massimo Tessitori
Administrator

« Reply #12 on: December 05, 2011, 07:40:03 PM »

Hi Jason, it's a question of time to work on profiles. Probably a day I'll do this. I'm not too worried on the uncertainties on shades, it's impossible to have an exact correspondance between digital chips and painted chips even having reliable ones.
Regards
Massimo
learstang

« Reply #13 on: December 05, 2011, 10:49:05 PM »

I understand about having the time, Massimo.  I'm supposed to do a review on the Hobby Boss straight-winged two-seater IL-2 for the Large Scale Planes forum, but I haven't gotten around to it.  I'm still working on my IL-2 modelling guide, and I've started work on a VVS colour guide aimed towards the modeller (it's not the Orlov translation, although I'll rely heavily on that).  And, amazingly, I'm actually working on some models, instead of just writing about them.  Still, I look forward to when you can find time to do some work on the later La-5's (and the La-7).

Regards,

Jason

- Warren William Zevon
barneybolac

« Reply #14 on: March 16, 2015, 10:18:31 PM »

Found  some partial photos from 193 IAP?

Мл.лейтенанты Стебенев, Торев, Елькин, Демидов./Ml.leytenanty Stebenev, Torrevieja, Elkin, Demidov.

Ст.лейтенант Селиванов./St.leytenant Selivanov.

The link below had another link that bought me to these two photos.

http://dimdim.xost.ru/148_history.html

http://www.airforce.ru/history/savasleika/index.htm

https://translate.google.com/translate?sl=ru&tl=en&js=y&prev=_t&hl=en&ie=UTF-8&u=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.airforce.ru%2Fhistory%2Fsavasleika%2Findex.htm&edit-text=

This link has the names.

http://www.airforce.ru/content/sovremennyi-period/1680-savasleika-istoricheskaya-spravka/
« Last Edit: March 16, 2015, 10:44:35 PM by barneybolac » Logged
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  

Jump to: