Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /membri/massimotessitori/sovietwarplanes/board/Sources/Load.php(225) : runtime-created function on line 3

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /membri/massimotessitori/sovietwarplanes/board/Sources/Load.php(225) : runtime-created function on line 3
Special Hobbies 1/48 I-15
Sovietwarplanes
March 29, 2024, 12:54:22 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: This forum replaces the old sovietwarplanes.com whose domain has expired in January 2017. It has been updated with the posts of the year 2016.
The new location of the site 'Sovietwarplanes pages' is at http://massimotessitori.altervista.org/sovietwarplanes/pages/

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Special Hobbies 1/48 I-15  (Read 4818 times)
Seawinder

« on: December 28, 2011, 10:01:00 PM »

Hi Massimo.
I wasn't sure whether or not to post this to a new thread or to the I-15 Questions thread. Of course feel free to move it.

Anyway, this is the Special Hobbies I-15 in VVS markings from 1936. I used Model Master Enamel Dark Green 34079 and Russian Undersides Blue with a final clear coat of Mr. Hobby Semigloss.

Pip Moss
« Last Edit: July 26, 2017, 07:21:56 AM by Seawinder » Logged
Massimo Tessitori
Administrator

« Reply #1 on: December 28, 2011, 10:16:50 PM »

Hi Pip.
it looks good. Thank you for sharing the photos. I suppose that it required a lot of work.
Regards
Massimo
Seawinder

« Reply #2 on: December 28, 2011, 11:27:37 PM »

Hi Pip.
it looks good. Thank you for sharing the photos. I suppose that it required a lot of work.
Regards
Massimo

Thanks, Massimo.
Overall the fit wasn't really too bad, but the top wing-fuselage join took some work. The engine required the most: eighteen pieces of guitar string for pushrods, nine exhaust stacks and four blast tubes from plastic tube, plus the holes had to be opened in the faceplate. The rigging was quite simple besides the lack of any indication of precise location in the instructions. I'm grateful for the color and detail information I obtained at this site.

Pip
learstang

« Reply #3 on: December 29, 2011, 03:06:49 AM »

Nice Chato, Pip!  It's nice to see one in Soviet markings.  I built one a while back, but did it in Spanish Republican markings.

Regards,

Jason

"I'll sleep when I'm dead."

- Warren William Zevon
Seawinder

« Reply #4 on: December 29, 2011, 08:32:39 PM »

Nice Chato, Pip!  It's nice to see one in Soviet markings.  I built one a while back, but did it in Spanish Republican markings.
Regards,
Jason

Thanks, Jason. Yes, I kinda like the VVS markings, although, as Konstantin pointed out, the I-15 wasn't much liked by the Soviets. Anyway, I'm planning to work my way up through the years and various greens: the next VVS model will be something wearing AII-Z.

Pip
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: