Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /membri/massimotessitori/sovietwarplanes/board/Sources/Load.php(225) : runtime-created function on line 3
Li-2 page
Sovietwarplanes
March 28, 2024, 09:09:01 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: This forum replaces the old sovietwarplanes.com whose domain has expired in January 2017. It has been updated with the posts of the year 2016.
The new location of the site 'Sovietwarplanes pages' is at http://massimotessitori.altervista.org/sovietwarplanes/pages/

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4
  Print  
Author Topic: Li-2 page  (Read 31361 times)
Massimo Tessitori
Administrator

« Reply #15 on: January 13, 2012, 11:12:58 AM »

Hi,
I've corrected the windows on the drawings, and added a new grey-grey pattern.
Regards
Massimo
K.Ingraham

« Reply #16 on: January 15, 2012, 06:44:46 AM »

Zvesda is releasing a new tool Li-2, but it is in the (for me & 99% of us) astonishingly wrong scale of 1/200th!
At least they they were thinking about it.
learstang

« Reply #17 on: January 15, 2012, 07:26:49 AM »

I saw that too, Kevin.  However, if you think about it - Amodel have released a Tabby (Japanese licence-built DC-3) in 1/72nd scale.  Now Zvezda have released the Li-2, complete with dorsal turret, albeit in 1/200th scale.  I think they're teasing us.  All they have to do is magically combine the two and we've got an Li-2 in 1/72nd scale!  Simple, really.  All right, back on the meds for me.

Regards,

Jason
« Last Edit: January 15, 2012, 05:59:54 PM by learstang » Logged

"I'll sleep when I'm dead."

- Warren William Zevon
Massimo Tessitori
Administrator

« Reply #18 on: January 15, 2012, 07:33:47 AM »

Hi Kevin and Jason,
a Li-2 with turret and camouflage aside the airliners of Hasegawa looks a bit out of place, isn't it?
Regards
Massimo
learstang

« Reply #19 on: January 15, 2012, 06:04:03 PM »

Hi Kevin and Jason,
a Li-2 with turret and camouflage aside the airliners of Hasegawa looks a bit out of place, isn't it?
Regards
Massimo

That's why I like it, Massimo.  An Li-2NB armed to the teeth with one UBT and three ShKAS machine guns and 1000kg of bombs.  It would certainly look different if you placed it next to a DC-3 in TWA markings.  Of course, I'm not going to buy one in 1/200th scale, but it'd still be interesting to see.

Regards,

Jason

- Warren William Zevon
K.Ingraham

« Reply #20 on: January 19, 2012, 05:09:42 AM »

Me too. Even if I wasn't a hard-core VVS buff, I'd be drawn to an armed Li-2 simply because it is such a contrast to the usual Dakotas.

Much the same reason I'm tackling that A-Model Er-2, it just looks so bizarre next to any other airplane 

and speaking of meds Jason, mine at this moment is an 18oz Baltika #3, poured in commemoration of the 69th anniversary of the Soviets breaking the Leningrad siege. Yeah, that's it, in fact, this day is so significant that I think I'll pour another.  Grin
learstang

« Reply #21 on: January 19, 2012, 05:23:18 AM »

Well, I guess I picked a bad day to quit drinking (and sniffing glue) or I'd join you Kevin.  Have one for me!  Za Operatsiya Iskra! Za Leningrad! Za Pobedu!  Za Vodka!

Regards,

Jason

- Warren William Zevon
Massimo Tessitori
Administrator

« Reply #22 on: June 14, 2012, 07:39:10 AM »

Hi, here is an apparently good version of that photo of the plane in Leningrad

http://office.altsoft.spb.ru/cgakffd/cd/5/index.html#/menu/2513814900/2501860815
Regards
Massimo
TISO

« Reply #23 on: May 01, 2013, 07:11:44 PM »

Could be interesting in Storming Berlin 1945 documentary made from original footage (part 2 of 5) there are 2 Li-2's when a camera flys over an airfield (one 2 tone green-black and one 3 colour camo) check 1:18

Штурм Берлина, Май 1945
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j-K7b8sAH1w

Disciple of Error
Massimo Tessitori
Administrator

« Reply #24 on: May 01, 2013, 08:19:40 PM »

Interesting. The quality of the screenshots is poor, but we find some interesting things:
Pe-2s, two of which seem in uniform green, the other ones have a highly contrasted camo with a very light color on their wings;
as you wrote, two Li-2s, one in green and black, the other one with a 3 shades camo; the lighter color of the camo is by much darker that the one visible on the wings of the Pe-2s;
many p-39s in uniform color, and other planes (Yaks?) with disruptive camo.
It would be extremely interesting to find good prints from this movie.
Any thoughts?
Regards
Massimo
Massimo Tessitori
Administrator

« Reply #25 on: May 01, 2013, 10:49:00 PM »

Hi,
here is a photocollage of the most interesting planes of the movie, all taken in the same scene under the same light.
A black/green Li-2 and a 3 shades one (black or grey-green-brown?) aside a line of Pe-2 with strangely light blotches on their camo (one of the planes looks uniform green). For comparison, a pair of OD P-39 and what seems to be a far pair of Il-2s.

Regards
Massimo
« Last Edit: May 01, 2013, 10:50:55 PM by Massimo Tessitori » Logged
TISO

« Reply #26 on: May 04, 2013, 09:44:36 PM »

Just got me Eastern Express 1/144 Li-2T and i mean litterally just as i just drove home and almost ripped open tha box compared parts and started writing this.
When I was looking at pic's on HobbyTerra and was a bit dissapointed but I took a bit of a gamble on this one and bought it anyway. Reasoning was that since their 1/144 An-14 is absolutly a microscopic gem (considering it's size) this one should not be all that bad. Gamble paid off.

Be advised that photos of parts on HobbyTerra are of what i judge a very early test shot. Diffrences of what you get in the box from parts on the HobbyTerra photos are significant. Model in reality is way better than test shot model that is on the pic's. It does have passanger windows cut out and clear parts provided and decal black squares as an option (test shot has passanger windows as engraved only). Small parts are way better than those on the photos and have relatively little of flash (on the photos they are horrible). Also arrangment of parts is a bit different. Skies are no longer provided on the sprue but slotted cowl face is and an option. Decals provided are for the same machines as it's bigger brother i.e. 1/72 A-model kit. there are no bombs provides even tough some of the decals are for the bomber version.

In comparison with C-47 in same scale from Roden it is quite comparable even tough EE LI-2 is a short run kit and Roden C-47 is long-run (in direct comparison it shows).

Well worth a buy.

Now gentelmen someone (looking around whistling) should make C-47 and Li-2 decals in 1/144 scale.
« Last Edit: May 05, 2013, 02:32:46 AM by TISO » Logged

Disciple of Error
Massimo Tessitori
Administrator

« Reply #27 on: May 05, 2013, 07:45:19 AM »

Couldn't it be that they photographed a Zvezda kit in 1:200?
Regards
Massimo
TISO

« Reply #28 on: May 05, 2013, 02:31:29 PM »

I also did a bit of searching and found pic's Zvezda 1/200 kit and they don't correspond with EE kit (either photos or the kit):
http://hobbyterra.com/product/1-200-scale-model-li-2-soviet-transport-plane-1942-1945-zvezda-6140.html

I have Zvezda Il-2 and LaGG-3 (this one is rather good) kits in their wargaming 1/144 and they are long run kits. Photos are of obviously short run kit and besides Zvezda uses for all their wargaming stuff a rather "greasy" green plastic. Also while parts are arranged a bit differently on the sprue they are still the same shape while they are generally cleaned up.

My guess is that after showing first test shots there were a lot of comments/complaints and Roden announced their C-47 and they decided to listen and do some additional work on the kit (not unheard of Trumpeter and S-model did just that).
« Last Edit: May 05, 2013, 04:24:42 PM by TISO » Logged

Disciple of Error
mbittner

« Reply #29 on: May 12, 2013, 04:23:49 PM »

From where did you obtain your EE 1/144 Li-2?

Matt Bittner
Managing Editor
Internet Modeler
http://www.internetmodeler.com/
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4
  Print  

Jump to: