Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /membri/massimotessitori/sovietwarplanes/board/Sources/Load.php(225) : runtime-created function on line 3
SU-2
Sovietwarplanes
March 29, 2024, 02:18:34 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: This forum replaces the old sovietwarplanes.com whose domain has expired in January 2017. It has been updated with the posts of the year 2016.
The new location of the site 'Sovietwarplanes pages' is at http://massimotessitori.altervista.org/sovietwarplanes/pages/

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: SU-2  (Read 4164 times)
JMSmith

« on: January 07, 2012, 11:58:34 AM »

hi guys,

some of you might remember me from the AWF site, if so i am sorry Grin

i spend my time now doing profiles, my latest is the SU-2, i would like you opinions with regard the various camouflage schemes used also an images or manuals to help me get them as accurate as possible.

here is what i have done sofar.

tell me if anything is wrong
Massimo Tessitori
Administrator

« Reply #1 on: January 07, 2012, 02:12:28 PM »

Hi JMS,
welcome here.
You have uploaded nice profiles, really. I suppose you have the Russian monograph of Maslov.
Apart for the green of the third plane, I suggest to modify the small dark shadow under the wingroot of each wing and to make an uniform shadow under the ailerons and flaps that are nearly flat.The star under the wing of the first profile can be done narrower as under the other ones.
Have you published your profiles on some site or magazine? I am highly interested to see all them.
Regards
Massimo
JMSmith

« Reply #2 on: January 07, 2012, 05:24:18 PM »

hi mate,

yes the first underwing star is wrong, done on the fly without doing the maths, the second one is correct, but both never had stars painted on them Grin just put them on for effect, that underwing to fuselage really hurt my head but in the new profiles it will look right.
 yes got that book, it's the only one out there.
  only place they are posted at the moment is here,
 http://www.simmerspaintshop.com/forums/forum29-aviation-profile-painting/

only just started again after a year off due to health and work issues.
 previous ones are
 Singapore
 Spearfish
 Firecrest
 and many unfinished
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: