Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /membri/massimotessitori/sovietwarplanes/board/Sources/Load.php(225) : runtime-created function on line 3

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /membri/massimotessitori/sovietwarplanes/board/Sources/Load.php(225) : runtime-created function on line 3
ICM 1/72 I-153???
Sovietwarplanes
April 25, 2024, 07:35:59 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: This forum replaces the old sovietwarplanes.com whose domain has expired in January 2017. It has been updated with the posts of the year 2016.
The new location of the site 'Sovietwarplanes pages' is at http://massimotessitori.altervista.org/sovietwarplanes/pages/

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: ICM 1/72 I-153???  (Read 7569 times)
John Thompson
Global Moderator

« on: January 05, 2012, 06:03:45 PM »

$#@&*&^!!! WHERE is this kit??? It was supposed to be released back in September, I thought! I've tried to pry answers out of ICM two or three times, but I have not received any firm responses, only things like "Yes, it will be available soon" (several months ago), or else no reply ar all!  Angry

John
learstang

« Reply #1 on: January 05, 2012, 07:17:07 PM »

I've largely suspended work on my Frankenchaika because of the "imminent" release of the ICM I-153 (that and the fact I'm working on a "zveno" of Lavochkins).  I too await this long-overdue kit with great anticipation.  I get regular updates from ICM and I always check the for sale items, but of course, no I-153.  It will be released this year, I feel it, oh yes, it will be!  (It'd better be, or back to my b****y Frankenchaika.)

Regards,

Jason

"I'll sleep when I'm dead."

- Warren William Zevon
John Thompson
Global Moderator

« Reply #2 on: January 06, 2012, 01:04:46 AM »

I'm probably "preaching to the converted" on this, but I'm bugged because VVS GPW enthusiasts are lucky to see one new release a year; okay, we had the Zvezda Yak-3 pretty much as promised, so I guess that was it for 2011. Elsewhere I see posts complaining about wingspan "errors" of a couple of millimetres or too-deep panel lines on the latest in the flood of new-mold Spitfires/Mustangs/Zeroes/Bf-109's - I'd be thrilled senseless if Airfix (for example) came out with a brand-new 1/72 Yak-9 to that inferior standard, never mind the apparent perfection of their recent Swordfish kit.

I know, I know - cry me a river...  Cry

John (maybe I'll restart MY OWN "Frankenchaika!!!)
learstang

« Reply #3 on: January 06, 2012, 01:24:01 AM »

Converted, John? - I'm the Pontifex Maximus of that particular faith.  On the Large Scale Planes site, I'm constantly complaining about the lack of plastic GPW VVS subjects in 1/32nd scale.  At the present time, we have, oh, three different aeroplanes - the Trumpeter MiG-3, the Special Hobby/Azur I-16's, and the Hobby Boss IL-2's.  If the lack of new-mould VVS aircraft is annoying in 1/72nd scale, it's positively scandalous in 1/32nd scale.  It kind of makes you wonder what the "Blond Knight of Germany" was shooting down on the Eastern Front since the Soviets evidently didn't have any aeroplanes (352 kills me arse! - but that's another thread).  Three 'planes - it seems that we have three new Bf-109's released every month (although I do have to admit I'm pretty chuffed about that new Swordfish)!  Not a bad idea about restarting your own Frankenchaika - if there's anything to that old modeller's tale about scratchbuilding/converting something only to have it come out as a kit is true, then maybe it'll work if the two of us are working on it.

Yours in Sorrow,

Jason
« Last Edit: January 13, 2012, 05:47:51 PM by learstang » Logged

- Warren William Zevon
Massimo Tessitori
Administrator

« Reply #4 on: January 07, 2012, 02:28:12 PM »

Hi Jason and John,
if I remember well, we had to wait a pair of years or more before the release of the LaGG-3, after it was announced.  I don't remember if they had ever deleted a new release after the announce, I think no.
Regards
Massimo
learstang

« Reply #5 on: January 07, 2012, 05:51:52 PM »

Well, as long as they come out with it sooner or later.  I certainly hope sooner!

Regards,

Jason

- Warren William Zevon
TISO

« Reply #6 on: January 07, 2012, 08:27:29 PM »

Heh Jason they are waiting for me to start MY frankenchaika Wink to activate deaded cruse of TISO (it seems that only thing model producers need to issue a new model is that i start some wild project of kitbashing or correcting some terribly inaccurate model )
Seriously ICM's track record with issuing models on announced dates is let's just say not exactly something they should be proud of. I'm still waiting their U-2 which was announced few years back
« Last Edit: January 07, 2012, 08:30:37 PM by TISO » Logged

Disciple of Error
learstang

« Reply #7 on: January 07, 2012, 09:05:54 PM »

Heh Jason they are waiting for me to start MY frankenchaika Wink to activate deaded cruse of TISO (it seems that only thing model producers need to issue a new model is that i start some wild project of kitbashing or correcting some terribly inaccurate model )
Seriously ICM's track record with issuing models on announced dates is let's just say not exactly something they should be proud of. I'm still waiting their U-2 which was announced few years back

Then get cracking on it TISO!  We need that I-153!  I've been waiting on the U-2/Po-2 for quite some time also.  That at least is in the "In Progress" section on ICM's site so hopefully we won't have to wait too much longer.

Regards,

Jason

- Warren William Zevon
John Thompson
Global Moderator

« Reply #8 on: January 13, 2012, 05:36:40 PM »

Today I received a reply from ICM to my most recent query about the 1/72 I-153; the kit will be released this year (I assume the 1/72 version; it was not specifically stated in the reply, but that's what I asked about. No news regarding the 1/48 one.).

John
learstang

« Reply #9 on: January 13, 2012, 05:46:15 PM »

Well that is good news indeed, John!  If ICM carry through on it.  Then again, I've lasted this long without an accurate I-153 model in 1/72nd scale, so I suppose I can last a little longer.  Let's see if the curse works - everyone let's start working on our Frankenchaikas - TISO, I'm looking at you!

Regards,

Jason

- Warren William Zevon
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: