Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /membri/massimotessitori/sovietwarplanes/board/Sources/Load.php(225) : runtime-created function on line 3
Pavla resin parts usable on Yak-6
Sovietwarplanes
March 29, 2024, 02:01:37 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: This forum replaces the old sovietwarplanes.com whose domain has expired in January 2017. It has been updated with the posts of the year 2016.
The new location of the site 'Sovietwarplanes pages' is at http://massimotessitori.altervista.org/sovietwarplanes/pages/

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2] 3
  Print  
Author Topic: Pavla resin parts usable on Yak-6  (Read 19089 times)
John Thompson
Global Moderator

« Reply #15 on: January 24, 2012, 11:41:06 PM »

Hi TISO! The Pavla resin parts look good - it seems like you are on the right path to building a production-version Yak-6. Good luck, and please post some images if you can.

John
TISO

« Reply #16 on: January 24, 2012, 11:42:43 PM »

A rather good article and even better set of drawings published by Modelist-Konstruktor (magazines No.5 and No.6 from 1979) and republished by everyone since:
http://hobbyport.ru/avia/yak_6.htm

Disciple of Error
Massimo Tessitori
Administrator

« Reply #17 on: January 25, 2012, 06:58:32 AM »

Hi Tiso,
have you checked the shape of the wings? I think they are different between production version and Yak-6M.
Regards
Massimo
TISO

« Reply #18 on: January 25, 2012, 06:07:44 PM »

Wings and elevators look the same to me but rudder on M is a bit larger and has to be filed down a bit (which i forgot to list among differences). BTW if you look closely at centroplane part (bottom) you can see that there are some faint markings for holes for bomb carriers of NNB. There is also pito tube for production version (crossed out). Also there are 2 versions of this kit.  The one on skies is as transport with passangers seats but the one on wheels has a different back part with gunner doors, MG but no pasanger seats

BTW AML produces a rather nice decal set AML 72 015 "Yak twins" which has options for 4 Yak-6 planes and a lot of service markings
« Last Edit: January 25, 2012, 06:13:58 PM by TISO » Logged

Disciple of Error
Massimo Tessitori
Administrator

« Reply #19 on: January 25, 2012, 07:21:15 PM »

Hi Tiso,
look at the drawings of the link. The wing platform of the M is arrow-shaped as that of late Il-2s, while the production version is straight-winged. I think that one has to use the wings of the Alpha with the fuselage of Amodel.
Regards
Massimo
TISO

« Reply #20 on: January 26, 2012, 04:23:37 PM »

Hi Tiso,
look at the drawings of the link. The wing platform of the M is arrow-shaped as that of late Il-2s, while the production version is straight-winged. I think that one has to use the wings of the Alpha with the fuselage of Amodel.
Regards
Massimo
Huh you are right Massimo i need to get myself some glasses. I checked and after 1/2 hour of spewing profanities all around and especcialy in A-models general direction i decided i will try cutting uper wing at reinforcement line (outside of the engines) and together with lower surface reworking it a bit to chenge the angle.

Disciple of Error
Massimo Tessitori
Administrator

« Reply #21 on: January 26, 2012, 05:53:52 PM »

Hi Tiso,
this is a good way to save the Alfa kit, but all details of the outer wing have to be rebuilt parallel to the flying axis.
Regards
Massimo
TISO

« Reply #22 on: January 28, 2012, 08:32:58 PM »

Hi Tiso,
this is a good way to save the Alfa kit, but all details of the outer wing have to be rebuilt parallel to the flying axis.
Regards
Massimo
Killjoy Grin The moment i tought about correction i started pondering this one. I'll tell you when i find a good solution Tongue

Disciple of Error
Massimo Tessitori
Administrator

« Reply #23 on: January 29, 2012, 09:08:22 AM »

Hi Tiso,
there is a very interesting topic on the subject at http://scalemodels.ru/modules/forum/viewtopic_t_36461_start_20.html. They show a photo of a late Yak-6 that seems to have arrow wings. Perhaps that wing was introduced before the changes on the engines. Besides, there are other images that I didn't know in the previous page. Do you understand what they write about?
Regards
Massimo
TISO

« Reply #24 on: January 31, 2012, 08:36:28 PM »

http://babelfish.yahoo.com/translate_url?doit=done&tt=url&intl=1&fr=bf-home&trurl=http%3A%2F%2Fscalemodels.ru%2Fmodules%2Fforum%2Fviewtopic_t_36461_start_20.html&lp=ru_en&btnTrUrl=Translate

Disciple of Error
Massimo Tessitori
Administrator

« Reply #25 on: January 31, 2012, 10:14:33 PM »

There is this text:
The plant of ╧47 several times transferred the periods of the production of its modernized aircraft and constructed it only in May, and during the tests Yak-6 ╧3014347 proved to be in July 1943. (they passed on July 6 to 14, the chief engineer major [M].[D].[Yaskov], the chief pilot - Major [A].[V].[Sinelnikov]).

From series machines it differed in terms of the following (selectively):

Wing is made sectional.
Are increased the sweepback of the outer planes of wing from 9 " to 15╟ and dihedral from 8╟ 50 ' to 10╟ 50 '.
Is increased the area of ailerons from 1,93 [m]2 to 2,13 [m]2.
Is changed the angle of stabilizer setting (- 3╟ instead of 0╟).
From the right side of fuselage is made folding cargo hatch a size of 850x1100 mm, which is opened inward.
In the outer planes of wing are established two additional fuel tanks on 90 l (total capacity - 560 l instead of 380 l).

The discharge headers are established on the motors.
For the gyrohorizon is established one large Venturi tube in the flow of screw instead of three on to starboard.
Pilot's seat is elevated on 45 mm, the back of seat is deflected back on 40 mm.

Here the second

In summer 1943[g]. the plant prepared that modernized Yak-6 (head of ╧014347), which had to become standard for a series from 01.10.43[g]. Preparatory works began, but on September 25 was released the order, on which the plant was transferred into the production of the aircraft of cabbage soups -2. Production Yak-6 ceased. Entire plant of ╧47 let out in 1943 224 (according to other data - 217) Yak-6.

But this is clearly the photo of an arrow-winged plane with traditional engine configuration, and it's clearly operative with N-N

So, probably the arrow wing was introduced before the production ceased. There is still some hope for the Amodel!
Regards
Massimo
« Last Edit: January 31, 2012, 10:19:04 PM by Massimo Tessitori » Logged
KL

« Reply #26 on: January 31, 2012, 10:50:08 PM »

But this is clearly the photo of an arrow-winged plane with traditional engine configuration, and it's clearly operative with N-N

So, probably the arrow wing was introduced before the production ceased. There is still some hope for the Amodel!

It's not so clear - French N-N Yak-6 should be a regular straight wing plane.  The brake in trailing edge accounts for pronounced "V" of the outer wing panels.
Trailing edge of Yak-6M was a straight line rom wingtip to wingtip when viewed from above.  Following is Yak-6M in spurious camouflage and armed with non existing rear fireing MG

Massimo Tessitori
Administrator

« Reply #27 on: February 01, 2012, 08:35:48 AM »

Hi Tiso,
I have to agree. The perspective lines meet the fuselage side in the places expected for an usual Yak-6.

Pity, so the wing of Amodel is unuseful, I fear.
Regards
Massimo
« Last Edit: February 01, 2012, 08:41:07 AM by Massimo Tessitori » Logged
KL

« Reply #28 on: February 01, 2012, 11:56:03 PM »

A rather good article and even better set of drawings published by Modelist-Konstruktor (magazines No.5 and No.6 from 1979) and republished by everyone since:
http://hobbyport.ru/avia/yak_6.htm

Text published in Modelist-Konstruktor in 1979 is typical for Soviet times - it's misleading in many ways!  Thanks to this text many still believe that Yak-6 was some kind of "wunderwaffe".  In reality Yak-6 program wasn't a success:

check text at http://www.airwar.ru/enc/cww2/yak6.html
-plane could not be used in it's designated role - as a light night bomber
-it wasn't easy to fly, many deficencies noted during prototype tests remained on series planes throughout the production
-factories asigned with it's production had many problems even in starting production
-its use was limited: it was used mainly as a communication plane

after less than a year in production and a modest number of planes made, Yak 6 was discontinued.  It was replaced on production lines by Shche-2 and Po-2.  Shche-2 was better transport and Po-2 was a better night light bomber...
KL

« Reply #29 on: February 02, 2012, 06:20:48 PM »

Funny online translation:

There is this text:
...Preparatory works began, but on September 25 was released the order, on which the plant was transferred into the production of the aircraft of cabbage soups -2. Production Yak-6 ceased.

"The aircraft of cabbage soups - 2" is Shcherbakov Shche-2 !!! Cheesy

here mixedup with shchi cabage soup

a side note:
In German, the two-letter word щи becomes eight letters, Schtschi.  Same with the Shche-2

Schtscherbakow Schtsche-2.   Shocked Check at http://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/Schtscherbakow_Schtsche-2  Smiley
« Last Edit: February 02, 2012, 06:23:49 PM by KL » Logged
Pages: 1 [2] 3
  Print  

Jump to: