Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /membri/massimotessitori/sovietwarplanes/board/Sources/Load.php(225) : runtime-created function on line 3
MiG-3 Early Version, Trumpeter 1:48
Sovietwarplanes
March 29, 2024, 01:49:41 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: This forum replaces the old sovietwarplanes.com whose domain has expired in January 2017. It has been updated with the posts of the year 2016.
The new location of the site 'Sovietwarplanes pages' is at http://massimotessitori.altervista.org/sovietwarplanes/pages/

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: MiG-3 Early Version, Trumpeter 1:48  (Read 6785 times)
Palanadine

« on: January 28, 2012, 10:31:31 PM »

Hello everybody, this is my first submission to this forum!

The model represents an aircraft of the 7 IAP, Leningrad front, in October 1941, as seen on Massimo's MiG 3 site: http://mig3.sovietwarplanes.com/mig3/fall.html

Here are some pics:

Even though the Trumpeter kit has its flaws, i only discovered most of them quite late during construction, so could not do much to improve the model's accuracy. However, i will be revisiting the MiG 3 subject in the future with a 'late' type and as much correcting/improving as i can.

Even so, i believe this example captures the sleek look of the real plane quite well!

Hope you like it!  Smiley

"We cannot direct the winds, but we can adjust the sails."
Apex1701

« Reply #1 on: January 29, 2012, 12:08:50 AM »

Very well done!  Cool
I love the painting and the weathering.

Jean
learstang

« Reply #2 on: January 29, 2012, 12:57:50 AM »

Nice-looking MiG-3, Palanadine!  It certainly looks well-used.

Regards,

Jason

"I'll sleep when I'm dead."

- Warren William Zevon
Massimo Tessitori
Administrator

« Reply #3 on: January 29, 2012, 08:09:35 AM »

Hi Palanadine,
thank you for having posted the photos of your beautiful model.
Regards
Massimo
Palanadine

« Reply #4 on: January 29, 2012, 01:08:05 PM »

Thank you very much for the comments!

Jean and Jason, i may have overdone the weathering a bit, but considering the area and time it was used, i find it likely that this is what it might look like after a few weeks of operations - assuming it was not destroyed of course!

Massimo, your MiG 3 site was invaluable in its painting and weathering, and will be essential in the future when i attempt the 'late' version! Posting the photos was a way of saying 'thanks' !  Cool

marluc

« Reply #5 on: February 02, 2012, 09:13:40 PM »

Congratulations,you?ve done an excellent work on your Mig.I like the weathering,the paint wear on the wing roots look a bit overdone but it?s really well executed.And you made a very good choice of the paint scheme,greetings.

Martin
Palanadine

« Reply #6 on: February 02, 2012, 09:42:22 PM »

Thank you very much Martin!

I also get comments about the propeller and wing-root wear in one of my home country's modeller forums. Truth is, there was some such wear, if i overdid it a bit, it is only because i used artistic license and some reasonable guessing.

On Massimo's photo, the plane has about half the paint chipping. But, seeing that it was part of the defending forces of Leningrad - and assuming it was not destroyed/ shot down early on- at some point i believe it might have accumulated that much wear.

Plus i doubt the defenders would spare much time to repaint their gear while under constant attack by the Germans....

Will keep it as close to the pics next time however!  Wink

[Should start signing off with my name i suppose, only polite after all! So,]

Regards,

Panayotis
« Last Edit: February 02, 2012, 09:45:16 PM by Palanadine » Logged

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: